Lindros skates with Flyers at practice

Lindros skates with Flyers at practice

Greg
Greg

March 29th, 2012, 7:14 pm #1

I still think he got the itch at the winter classic and might just play next year.

Pelle31
Pelle31

March 29th, 2012, 9:29 pm #2

OutL
OutL

March 30th, 2012, 1:50 am #3

I'd love to see Lindros playing again but only because I'm selfish and thinking about me. It's probably best that he stay retired.

It was an absolute pleasure to see him in a Flyer sweater at the alumini game and Paul Holmgren inviting him to come and skate with the team was a very fine gesture.

Outs

Sedsey
Sedsey

March 30th, 2012, 2:00 am #4

From the accounts it seems Lindros really appreciated the opportunity and as it can cause no possible harm I don't see why not. Certainly you don't want to see retired players lining up every time their old team comes to their town, but as an exception it is indeed a nice gesture.

TimZ
TimZ

March 30th, 2012, 2:12 am #5

and retire as a Flyer.

CaliFlyer
CaliFlyer

March 30th, 2012, 8:04 am #6

I'd love to see Lindros playing again but only because I'm selfish and thinking about me. It's probably best that he stay retired.

It was an absolute pleasure to see him in a Flyer sweater at the alumini game and Paul Holmgren inviting him to come and skate with the team was a very fine gesture.

Outs
I do get a little warm inside when I see the big E wearing Flyers colors again. My brain says he's no Jagr, and he retired for good reasons. My heart, which bleeds Orange and Black, would love to see him come back as a 10-minute a game guy to complement the young, speedy, finesse type guys who we have a bunch of. Can you imagine what it would be like to be a guy like Rinaldo or Read or Couturier and to see guys like Lindros and Jagr working their asses off and showing day in and day out what it takes to be a legendary talent in the NHL?

Nevertheless, I'm glad that Holmgren has mended those fences, and Lindros is being treated as the great Flyer that he was.

Greg
Greg

March 31st, 2012, 12:51 am #7

From the accounts it seems Lindros really appreciated the opportunity and as it can cause no possible harm I don't see why not. Certainly you don't want to see retired players lining up every time their old team comes to their town, but as an exception it is indeed a nice gesture.
If he dresses for one it won't be his last. I think he's seriously thinking of coming back

Confirmation of reply: