Letting them off the mat

Letting them off the mat

Sedsey
Sedsey

November 15th, 2011, 12:54 am #1

Well, the Flyers looked like the better team from top to bottom all period only to give up a SHG with .9 seconds left. Talk about a late one...Giroux to VanRem fumble...right after Wayne Simmonds made an awesome play to steal a puck in the corner after a Giroux faceoff loss..too bad.

6 goals for Talbot. I still feel revolted seeing him out there but good for him and us. Nice pass from Voracek.

Giroux breaks in the clear to end his mini-slump. 20 points. I have a feeling he and Jagr are going to be heard from again tonight.

What robbery on Couturier! What a pass by speedy Harry Z! Ward kept them in there so far.

The downside from the Briere/VanRem/Simmonds unit will be some defensive lapses and I saw a shift of that in the first.

Well, we'll see what this late, late, late goal will do to the momentum.

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

November 15th, 2011, 1:02 am #2

That was a brutal giveaway at the end of the first. Not only does it once but twice!! That was on Claude for sure, he passes to JVR who is standing on the blueline and a Cane 2ft away?? That was stupid!! He did score a nice goal but that shorty was on him.

fff

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

November 15th, 2011, 1:06 am #3

3-1 Flyers

fff

Loki
Loki

November 15th, 2011, 2:11 pm #4

Well, the Flyers looked like the better team from top to bottom all period only to give up a SHG with .9 seconds left. Talk about a late one...Giroux to VanRem fumble...right after Wayne Simmonds made an awesome play to steal a puck in the corner after a Giroux faceoff loss..too bad.

6 goals for Talbot. I still feel revolted seeing him out there but good for him and us. Nice pass from Voracek.

Giroux breaks in the clear to end his mini-slump. 20 points. I have a feeling he and Jagr are going to be heard from again tonight.

What robbery on Couturier! What a pass by speedy Harry Z! Ward kept them in there so far.

The downside from the Briere/VanRem/Simmonds unit will be some defensive lapses and I saw a shift of that in the first.

Well, we'll see what this late, late, late goal will do to the momentum.

Remember when people were lamenting the loss of Darrell Powe?

Outland
Outland

November 15th, 2011, 3:02 pm #5

Powe was lamented (and I was one of the lamenters) because Powe was a trooper, a good PK guy and he had a pulse which he demonstrated every shift by hitting anything moving. He was also just a #4 line player where Read isn't that guy. If anything, I'd think that Read replaced what was expected / hoped from Versteeg.

I think the performances of Read, Couturier, Rinaldo and Harry Z have been very good but there's still a lot of hockey season left. While somewhat elated and enthused I'm still cautious and probably because I've seen plenty of half season wonders come and go.

Outs

Icer
Icer

November 15th, 2011, 4:52 pm #6

That was a brutal giveaway at the end of the first. Not only does it once but twice!! That was on Claude for sure, he passes to JVR who is standing on the blueline and a Cane 2ft away?? That was stupid!! He did score a nice goal but that shorty was on him.

fff
yes, THAT shorthanded goal was due to his mistake. But he's one of the best defensive forwards on the team, a top penalty killer. Making one mistake doesn't erase all that.

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

November 15th, 2011, 6:49 pm #7

I have seen Claude give up the puck doing risky plays in risky areas more than once, that being said when you have a player who creates as much as Claude does you are bound to have turnovers. He often makes ill advised plays trying to create offense but it is what it is, it is a by product of who he is and his unique talent level. The fact that he is just +3 when he is on the ice for all those goals his line scores lends credence to my assertion that he sometime sacrifices defense in the name of offense. This is my opinion don't agree with it or like it? OK! I don't want to argue with you today.

fff

WCF
WCF

November 15th, 2011, 8:55 pm #8

Powe was lamented (and I was one of the lamenters) because Powe was a trooper, a good PK guy and he had a pulse which he demonstrated every shift by hitting anything moving. He was also just a #4 line player where Read isn't that guy. If anything, I'd think that Read replaced what was expected / hoped from Versteeg.

I think the performances of Read, Couturier, Rinaldo and Harry Z have been very good but there's still a lot of hockey season left. While somewhat elated and enthused I'm still cautious and probably because I've seen plenty of half season wonders come and go.

Outs

Look how he is doing with the Panthers, a Flyers style indictment???

Icer
Icer

November 15th, 2011, 10:00 pm #9

I have seen Claude give up the puck doing risky plays in risky areas more than once, that being said when you have a player who creates as much as Claude does you are bound to have turnovers. He often makes ill advised plays trying to create offense but it is what it is, it is a by product of who he is and his unique talent level. The fact that he is just +3 when he is on the ice for all those goals his line scores lends credence to my assertion that he sometime sacrifices defense in the name of offense. This is my opinion don't agree with it or like it? OK! I don't want to argue with you today.

fff
I'll bet you thought I could even argue about arguing.....

We can just enjoy G's offensive artistry. He can certainly do some amazing things on the ice. Things to make you smile even on a rough day. Hope tomorrow's better for ya.

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

November 15th, 2011, 11:41 pm #10

I thought you could argue anything as long as I said it!! It is already better thanks Icer.

fff

Confirmation of reply: