Kovalchuk out for tonight's game

Kovalchuk out for tonight's game

OutL
OutL

May 1st, 2012, 3:50 pm #1

Lower body injury. Reports say it's been bothering him since the middle of the 1st round. Would explain why he looked so lethargic in game 1.

OL

Sedsey
Sedsey

May 1st, 2012, 4:45 pm #2

In the big picture it would have to be considered a plus for the Flyers but one never knows in these situations how the opponent will rally. While I have full confidence we will win this series, I also have said two or three OTs wouldn't surprise and it won't go easily. In fact, if the NYR do get through I'll say again that I want the Flyers to be battle tested before they play them, but of course I wouldn't be angry if they blew New Jersey out of the water. I have a long memory for the times that team disappointed us.

LA vs Philly? Bring it on! That means we are in the Finals! Phoenix, Nashville, St.Louis, NYR, Washington, or New Jersey still might have something to say about it, however.

Icer
Icer

May 1st, 2012, 4:48 pm #3

but he didn't help the devils.

It's kind of an even trade. Whoever fills in for him will be about as good as Kovi with a bad leg.

Where it does help is Lava doesn't have to worry about a matchup. Kovi might not have been good in game 1, but no one knew they could forget about giving him extra attention.

Sedsey
Sedsey

May 1st, 2012, 7:55 pm #4

I thought he made a nice pass to Voracek on our first goal. heh

Confirmation of reply: