JVR

JVR

Tim55
Tim55

April 29th, 2012, 10:36 pm #1

What a bonus to get him back,He was flying out there and all around the net,looked really good today

Greg
Greg

April 29th, 2012, 10:47 pm #2

If the Read, Simmons, and Schenn line pick it up this team is dangerous (nm)

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

April 29th, 2012, 11:13 pm #3

We went to 5 Guys Burgers and Fries(amazing burgers and fries)and I had my Lindbergh jersey on and some guy starts chatting me up about the Flyers which is not uncommon. Then after a little conversation about today's game he told me he was a friend of Wayne Simmonds. He said they went to the same school together I proceeded to tell him that I thought Wayne had under performed in rd one and that I thought he could be a beast for the Flyers in the playoffs but he hasn't yet. To my surprise he agreed with my assessment and said that he thought Wayne had tailed off towards the end of the yr which i agreed with. Normally if someone tells me they know an athlete I think 'yeah yeah buddy' but this guy was well dressed but casual, articulate and didn't come accross as a blowhard. He answered the bevy of questions put to him by my 2 kids without missing a beat and we were also in Scarborough Ontario which happens to be the place Simmonds was born so it was plausible to me. Small world. I really think that Wayne and Schenn have soooooo much more to give and if they get it going the team will indeed be a force for anyone they play as you stated.

fff

Loki
Loki

April 29th, 2012, 11:58 pm #4

What a bonus to get him back,He was flying out there and all around the net,looked really good today
His screen on the OT goal was awesome.

Brett
Brett

April 30th, 2012, 12:53 am #5

We went to 5 Guys Burgers and Fries(amazing burgers and fries)and I had my Lindbergh jersey on and some guy starts chatting me up about the Flyers which is not uncommon. Then after a little conversation about today's game he told me he was a friend of Wayne Simmonds. He said they went to the same school together I proceeded to tell him that I thought Wayne had under performed in rd one and that I thought he could be a beast for the Flyers in the playoffs but he hasn't yet. To my surprise he agreed with my assessment and said that he thought Wayne had tailed off towards the end of the yr which i agreed with. Normally if someone tells me they know an athlete I think 'yeah yeah buddy' but this guy was well dressed but casual, articulate and didn't come accross as a blowhard. He answered the bevy of questions put to him by my 2 kids without missing a beat and we were also in Scarborough Ontario which happens to be the place Simmonds was born so it was plausible to me. Small world. I really think that Wayne and Schenn have soooooo much more to give and if they get it going the team will indeed be a force for anyone they play as you stated.

fff
First, Five Guys rocks.

Secondly, Schenn, Simmonds, Read, Couturier are all going to show up at various points throughout the playoffs. We have a lot of guys who are either having their first taste of the playoffs or their first significant time. (I think Simmonds may have been on a 1 and done Kings team) These guys are gamers but they're young. I don't expect production from every one every night, but they will keep pushing and bust through when we need them to. Look at Voracek stepping up with an OT winner and few other points in round 1, Schenn had a big game in either game 1 or 2, and Couturier landed a hat trick.

I could see Simmonds getting a couple any game now. It's not like we aren't scoring, we are just so damn deep up front that it is going to be Giroux just about every game and a different couple of guys with each different game.

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

April 30th, 2012, 4:43 am #6

Wayne was all around the net today he missed that golden one and had a few other looks. I can see him breaking through at some point maybe even next game.. Interesting view on the rookies, that they will all chip in at different points through out the playoffs just maybe not all at once. A dose of reality?

fff

Freak
Freak

April 30th, 2012, 3:10 pm #7

they are still kids and are still learning their ways.

It also speaks volumes of our depth as a team, when we need someone else to stand up and have a big game, it's happening. It's the sign of a champion.

It also lets the vets know they have to play hard or their job might be gone. I love the mix of the team right now...not Breezy, but the rest of the team is great.

Icer
Icer

April 30th, 2012, 3:13 pm #8

fff
simmonds does look a little overwhelmed, not like an injury slump. But he also slumped during the season, only to break out. So it's OK, he'll go on a tear later, when we'll need it more.

And JVR looks like he's on a mission to prove last year was no fluke. He's almost got that Briere playoff look about him.

And 5 guys is awesome!

Confirmation of reply: