It's not just us!

It's not just us!

Icer
Icer

May 24th, 2012, 3:52 pm #1

Bryzquist sees 16 shot all night - and stops only 12.

Rangers played a great game, scored 3 on Broduer even though he was playing pretty well, only to watch Lundquist let in some real weak goals.

Now the Rangers are in trouble.

But so are the Devils.

This series is likely going 7 games, and both teams already look pretty worn down. While LA sits with their feet up and bruises healing.

Outland
Outland

May 24th, 2012, 4:06 pm #2

I didn't think Brodeur played well at all. He flopped like a fish on the Prust semi-breakaway and he basically scored the 3rd NY goal for them. He didn't see a lot shots and those he did see saw him giving up fat rebounds that a team with any kind of good offense would have cashed in.

I agree the NYR had their best game of this series last night but a pop gun offense that showed it isn't up to the task of bailing out their goalie every now and then was killer. One thing is certain. If it wasn't clear that the NJD can still win with their goalie playing poorly and the NYR can not it is now.

Outs

WCF
WCF

May 24th, 2012, 4:36 pm #3

Rangers played a great game, scored 3 on Broduer even though he was playing pretty well, only to watch Lundquist let in some real weak goals.

But so are the Devils.

This series is likely going 7 games, and both teams already look pretty worn down. While LA sits with their feet up and bruises healing.
While I don't relish the prospect of Carter and Richards winning a Cup, my loathing of NJ and NY is stronger, so the Cup in LA it is. We did our former captain a HUGE, HUGE favor by trading him to a Cup winner. It just irks me to see that happen, makes the Flyers look like they can't win for losing.

Icer
Icer

May 24th, 2012, 6:23 pm #4

no, no that Carter, the other one.

Much like Buddy Ryan shipped out Chris Carter because "all he does is score TDs", but really to smack him upside the head, Homer did the same with Richards. It was clear that the only way out was to trade Richie, get him out from under what had piled up here, and give him that wake up call. It's certainly helped him, and I'm happy for him. I'll be glad to see Richards and CArter carry the cup, it just came to a point where it wouldn't have happened here.

Sedsey
Sedsey

May 24th, 2012, 8:10 pm #5

Yes, LA might win the Cup. Yes, it has a hell of a lot to do with Brown, Quick, Doughty and the D, etc etc, but Richards has been a factor.

It wouldn't have happened here.

Heir contracts will plod along forever.

We'll see over the years how the balance shifts.

dl
dl

May 24th, 2012, 9:24 pm #6

But so are the Devils.

will NOT beat either of these two teams.

Freak
Freak

May 25th, 2012, 1:56 am #7

Yes, LA might win the Cup. Yes, it has a hell of a lot to do with Brown, Quick, Doughty and the D, etc etc, but Richards has been a factor.

I liked Richards more than Carter, and would be happy for him to win the cup.

Carter I really soured on, and his attitude was crap in the Columbus fiasco. These guys don't appreciate the money they make and the lives it sets them up for. They should be happy to be healthy, well off, and playing a game for stupid amounts of money.

It's just typical that they might win the year after being traded.

I think we got the better of both trades, but time will tell.

NOTNedPepperland
NOTNedPepperland

May 25th, 2012, 1:51 pm #8

Ned Pepper would say I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man. Great line from a good movie followed by a retort with cursing in it. Don't even go there fella!

I'm 99% sure you are not a cyclops Polyphe .. er .. Dan, and I'm certainly not in any postion to cast aspersions about anothers girth these days. Still ... I needs to know: WHAT have you seen that makes you so sure that will happen? Hunch? Contraryism? Senility?(heh heh heh)

Just be wonderin'.

Out(every day I'm shufflin')land

Outland
Outland

May 25th, 2012, 2:50 pm #9

Success is measured by success. Truly.

There isn't a fan of any team that wouldn't take a Cup in place of winning a trade in the long run. The Flyers might eventually win the war after losing the battle but the Cup is all that matters. Isn't that what success really is?

Wouldn't happen in Philly? It might have happened here under a different organizational leadership. It was the organization that made Richards far too wealthy beyond his years and worth. It was the O that made him the next Bobby Clarke and nailed that C on his chest as soon as they could. Was he living it up too much? If Richards found those tempatations in the East he sure as hell didn't see them vanish by moving to Los Angeles. Same goes for his sidekick. I'm thinking that if the Flyers had surrounded their best players with a better cast of characters they'd have actually risen to the heights.

In LA Richards doesn't have to deal with the media all the time, be a saviour, the Captain or the only guy who will muck, grind and pester. The Flyers got in trade for Richards & Carter what they needed to get to play WITH Richards and Carter. That's the shame of it all.

Outs

Icer
Icer

May 25th, 2012, 3:51 pm #10

from what I've seen, the East teams are pretty worn out. Mistakes have increased, play away from the puck is slow. Neither team has been able to string together 3 good games. LA, OTOH, is well rested, playing smothering, disciplined hockey, and has one off game in 3 series.

I bet if i were a betting man I'd take that bet.

Confirmation of reply: