Is it ok to start my trade Hartnell rank again.

Is it ok to start my trade Hartnell rank again.

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

November 10th, 2011, 3:06 am #1

What a stupid phucking penalty that was absolutely stupid!! He should sit the next game for that if I'm the coach there is no way I let that go!!

fff

Dee Fensles
Dee Fensles

November 10th, 2011, 5:30 am #2

Yeah not to bright. Kind of like Mizaros lazy *** defense on the OT goal

Sedsey
Sedsey

November 10th, 2011, 7:13 am #3

What a stupid phucking penalty that was absolutely stupid!! He should sit the next game for that if I'm the coach there is no way I let that go!!

fff
Yes, in a game that reeked of myNHL crap officiating it wasn't wise to follow through and make the hit, but that's what Hartnell was going for. The same Hartnell that scored the only goal.

Well, last night it was the worst diver in hockey Derek Roy getting rewarded from myNHL and tonight it was diving St.Louis.

myNHL rewards the zero man forecheck when they call dives like the ones they did tonight.

GREAT by the Flyers to shine a glaring light on Tampa's zero man forecheck. How embarrassing for hockey to see their guys just stand there not knowing what to do when the Flyers refused to get it turned over by the bottling of center ice. I don't know why they call that 1-3-1 because it is 0-4-1. A team with the talent they have playing that way tells me they are scared to open it up with competition. Indeed, when the Flyers forgot they would turn it over like designed and it would turn out to be a 0-4-0 that led to the OT winner. How terrible for hockey to see a team like that win any games.

The down side for us is that the only way to beat this zero man forecheck, lame as it is, is puck moving D and guys that recover dump ins. Our D have been lacking at times, and they still can't seem to get in a shot on goal. Too many Flyers aren't getting to dump-ins.

I can't believe Craig Button on TSN2 attacked Philly for not moving the puck. What do we have to do to eliminate this pitiful zero man forecheck??? I keep naming it because I want to emphasize how bloody lame it is. This is not new from Tampa. Unfortunately their dives paid off to tie, and their zero man forecheck got the win, which will make them feel justified in playing that zero man forecheck, zero entertainment style. Cripes even Nashville sends a guy in to forecheck sometimes...bloody lame Tampa. I hate that team.

Loki
Loki

November 10th, 2011, 1:22 pm #4

were very clear in mentioning that all the texts they were getting from players around the NHL found fault with Tampa and not Philly, for what that matters. It sounds as if the officials called the league and were told not to call a faceoff in the Flyers end when they just skated the puck around.

Loki
Loki

November 10th, 2011, 1:24 pm #5

Yeah not to bright. Kind of like Mizaros lazy *** defense on the OT goal
his stick on the puck for the game winner, right? And where was the forward on that play? Isn't someone responsible for the slot? Just a bad breakdown by two players.

Outland
Outland

November 10th, 2011, 2:13 pm #6

fff
The guy has played very well and probably as well as he ever has including his time on a line with Carter and Lupul. Yeah, it was a cement headed WTF ???? penalty but it was a single mistake made in a very long season.

Don't despair though. He'll probably give you more fodder further down the road but right now is not the time to want to see him banished too _____ (insert destination of choice) to learn him some lessons

Outs

Outland
Outland

November 10th, 2011, 3:04 pm #7

Yes, in a game that reeked of myNHL crap officiating it wasn't wise to follow through and make the hit, but that's what Hartnell was going for. The same Hartnell that scored the only goal.

Well, last night it was the worst diver in hockey Derek Roy getting rewarded from myNHL and tonight it was diving St.Louis.

myNHL rewards the zero man forecheck when they call dives like the ones they did tonight.

GREAT by the Flyers to shine a glaring light on Tampa's zero man forecheck. How embarrassing for hockey to see their guys just stand there not knowing what to do when the Flyers refused to get it turned over by the bottling of center ice. I don't know why they call that 1-3-1 because it is 0-4-1. A team with the talent they have playing that way tells me they are scared to open it up with competition. Indeed, when the Flyers forgot they would turn it over like designed and it would turn out to be a 0-4-0 that led to the OT winner. How terrible for hockey to see a team like that win any games.

The down side for us is that the only way to beat this zero man forecheck, lame as it is, is puck moving D and guys that recover dump ins. Our D have been lacking at times, and they still can't seem to get in a shot on goal. Too many Flyers aren't getting to dump-ins.

I can't believe Craig Button on TSN2 attacked Philly for not moving the puck. What do we have to do to eliminate this pitiful zero man forecheck??? I keep naming it because I want to emphasize how bloody lame it is. This is not new from Tampa. Unfortunately their dives paid off to tie, and their zero man forecheck got the win, which will make them feel justified in playing that zero man forecheck, zero entertainment style. Cripes even Nashville sends a guy in to forecheck sometimes...bloody lame Tampa. I hate that team.
Unless you're Dan Line. He's just so smoooooooooooooth that he's ... oh well, enough about him

Anywaaaaaaaaay ...

For all the Flyer bench jeering about the Bolts being chicken & saying come and get us I was wondering why didn't the 'braver' Flyers try to attack? Why should they be blameless in the 'I'm not getting my way stuff so I'll do nothing' hideousness? I dod nit (Outlandese for DID NOT) like that Mexican stand off one bit but any team can do what it wants and play how it wants. The league can't have a rule saying you MUST forecheck or one saying you CAN'T wait at a red line. What happened might be a so called black eye for hockey but everything done by both sides was legal.

As a sidenote, let's be clear that the TBL did not have a top 6 forward and 2 very good D men playing last night. Why wouldn't they try to circle the wagons and be more defensive against a team that just racked up 9 goals the last game it played? Were they supposed to do what the clueless CBJ did and just let the Flyer roadrunners go beep beep and roar by them?

I thought the officiating was bad but not extremely lopsided in the Bolts favor. IMO, the Flyers became their own worst enemies as they started playing very undisciplined and the calls they drew weren't very imaginary. Sure, the Bolts got away with a couple but I saw at least 4 more they could have called on the Flyers with 2 being on their interfering goalie.

Your dive comment made me chuckle. As they say on ESPN, 'C'MON MAN!' heh heh heh. St.Louis is small to begin with and a stick between the legs of even bigger players will cause them difficulty. Timonen's act was not malicious but just one of those things but it was still a trip. Did the LADY BYNG winning MSL embellish or did his rep as a 'gentleman' play into it? Probably. I could say he did embellish a bit but he did a good job selling it and that's what matters to the officials. Kimmo was doing his best trying to sell his side of things but he didn't do as good a job as MSL did. Did you catch some of the St.Louis head snap backs early in the game when he wasn't hit? carcillo would have been proud. Heh heh heh.

I have added the TBL to the official Seden HATES You list. I have sent notification to Mr.Yzerman stating that fact and I wouldn't want to be in the room when he realizes he has lost you.

Bolts looked different. They have plenty of the same players back from last year's team but as mentioned they had some good players out of their lineup. Still, they could be missing Gagne and playoff hot Bergenheim a bit more than they might want to admit.

I don't know what it is about the Bolts that makes Braydon Coburn want to fight. Last good one he had was with Ryan Malone down there and last night's bout with Downie was a doozy. Downie got in early and often but Coburn used that size and the uppercut to take a clear cut decision if not TKO.

Outs

Icer
Icer

November 10th, 2011, 4:26 pm #8

fff
the complaint about Hartnell is he's useless when he's not banging guys on the forecheck. Watch that play again. He charged in to hit a guy who had the puck behind his own net. Said victim dumped the puck and turned directly into Hartnell, who tried to pull up, so as to NOT take a dumb penalty. You will note that Hartnell was in full stop mode, both skates perpendicular, body leaning AWAY. The Tampa player was skating into Hartnell, their knees hit. Technically, it might have been kneeing. You could argue the kneeing penalty includes a requirement that the perp's leg being extended into the victims's knee. In reality, Hartnell was trying to AVOID burying the guy, and nothing he could have done would have avoided knee on knee contact. Both his legs were stationary under him as he was putting onthe brakes. He absolutely wasn't trying to knee the guy at all.

Icer
Icer

November 10th, 2011, 4:31 pm #9

his stick on the puck for the game winner, right? And where was the forward on that play? Isn't someone responsible for the slot? Just a bad breakdown by two players.
side by side with his partner, swatting at the puck like flies at a picnic.

Not to mention Bryzy, with the rebound. Once again, made the first stop, rather than keeping it controlled in front of him, he swept it across to the open side of the net.

Icer
Icer

November 10th, 2011, 4:38 pm #10

Unless you're Dan Line. He's just so smoooooooooooooth that he's ... oh well, enough about him

Anywaaaaaaaaay ...

For all the Flyer bench jeering about the Bolts being chicken & saying come and get us I was wondering why didn't the 'braver' Flyers try to attack? Why should they be blameless in the 'I'm not getting my way stuff so I'll do nothing' hideousness? I dod nit (Outlandese for DID NOT) like that Mexican stand off one bit but any team can do what it wants and play how it wants. The league can't have a rule saying you MUST forecheck or one saying you CAN'T wait at a red line. What happened might be a so called black eye for hockey but everything done by both sides was legal.

As a sidenote, let's be clear that the TBL did not have a top 6 forward and 2 very good D men playing last night. Why wouldn't they try to circle the wagons and be more defensive against a team that just racked up 9 goals the last game it played? Were they supposed to do what the clueless CBJ did and just let the Flyer roadrunners go beep beep and roar by them?

I thought the officiating was bad but not extremely lopsided in the Bolts favor. IMO, the Flyers became their own worst enemies as they started playing very undisciplined and the calls they drew weren't very imaginary. Sure, the Bolts got away with a couple but I saw at least 4 more they could have called on the Flyers with 2 being on their interfering goalie.

Your dive comment made me chuckle. As they say on ESPN, 'C'MON MAN!' heh heh heh. St.Louis is small to begin with and a stick between the legs of even bigger players will cause them difficulty. Timonen's act was not malicious but just one of those things but it was still a trip. Did the LADY BYNG winning MSL embellish or did his rep as a 'gentleman' play into it? Probably. I could say he did embellish a bit but he did a good job selling it and that's what matters to the officials. Kimmo was doing his best trying to sell his side of things but he didn't do as good a job as MSL did. Did you catch some of the St.Louis head snap backs early in the game when he wasn't hit? carcillo would have been proud. Heh heh heh.

I have added the TBL to the official Seden HATES You list. I have sent notification to Mr.Yzerman stating that fact and I wouldn't want to be in the room when he realizes he has lost you.

Bolts looked different. They have plenty of the same players back from last year's team but as mentioned they had some good players out of their lineup. Still, they could be missing Gagne and playoff hot Bergenheim a bit more than they might want to admit.

I don't know what it is about the Bolts that makes Braydon Coburn want to fight. Last good one he had was with Ryan Malone down there and last night's bout with Downie was a doozy. Downie got in early and often but Coburn used that size and the uppercut to take a clear cut decision if not TKO.

Outs
I wasn't home, all I got from my son was something (between mumbles) about 5 mintues of uncontested playing with the puck, followed by a whistle, conversation between stripes and Lava, then a faceoff. Not even sure who did what.

Confirmation of reply: