Flyers WIN against arrogant cheap shot Tankers

Flyers WIN against arrogant cheap shot Tankers

Sedsey HATES the Tankers
Sedsey HATES the Tankers

April 2nd, 2012, 3:59 am #1

Another game part of the 52 or some such pattern of not scoring first or looking ready to play, but once again they overcome thanks in large part to Tanker arrogance after scoring the first two. They thought they were golden but Bobrovsky shut them down long enough to get our guns blazing their whining, crying, cheapshot asses into oblivion, and you could tell they didn't like it by the suck faces on their bench, led by Sister Cindy the Teflon Donna.

I can't believe I see nobody lamenting the delibrate cheap shot submarine by scrub Vitale on Grossmann knee on knee job. If Rinaldo did that to Orpik there would be an inquistion. Scrub Vitale, whose lack of abiltiy makes Wellwood look like Gretzky in comparison, would also be sent to take a run at Briere. Clean hit there, but intentonal suckface loser behaviour their camp has long cried about coming from Philly, but look what happens when the chips are down. Typical Tanker cheap shots all game long.

Crosby can slash Giroux's stick out right in plain view, crosscheck guys in the back, and basically do anything his fat lip wants, even with a great ref like McCauley, and he gets away with all. Typical. But when young Schenn dares to push down on the back of his head when Sister Cindy drops low to avoid a collison, the suckface is on and he goes wailing to the bench to tell Rat Bastard plainly on TV "Schenn". Well, the only way for a punk like Crysby to get even is the crosscheck from behind, and he gets it back and GOOD FOR SCHENN. All game there was cheapshot Tanker horseshit and it's about time somebody responded.

How about cheap shot artist Baby Huey? As has been noted, punches to the back of Giroux's head, an effete punch to the face of Couturier, who is in his head, or pushing Hartnell from behind at every chance. Always from behind. Always the cheap shot. Never a penalty. Well, he went boom boom in his pants when young Couturier challenged him. I haven't seen a guy skate backwards faster to get away since Glenn Anderson ran away from a fight one time. Coward.

Of course, when the Tankers get to call too many men on the ice penalties from their bench, or Orpik actually lifting his hand to call a penalty when he tucks Wellwood's stick under his arm, they get the impression they can do anything. They sent Asham after Schenn. There will no consequences to them. Vitale won't even be spoken about for his cheap shot knee on Grossmann.

It's alwys been this way, and this is what the Flyers will have to overcome to win in the playoffs, because you can bet your *** that the TV people and myNHL would prefer their Tankers to advance.

Watch out next game becausr they will look to cheap shot Giroux. It's a lock. Knee on knee. Elbow to the temple. A slash to the wrist. Don't believe for a second that Rat Bastard is reformed. It's just a matter of time before that back stabbing scumbag looks to end Giroux's career.

Now, all that aside, their defense is worse then ours as a group even if we had to dress Bourdon and Manning without playoff experience. Their support role players are inferior. They will rely on their three centers and acrobatic heroics from Fleury to win, and of course they will be handed plenty of power plays at key moments in the playoffs. Expect Cindy and Baby Huey scum to be diving all over the place.

Who was ever afraid of the Tankers? Not me. I have always snapped at that notion of being afraid of any team. The series is lost if they are.

Throw out the regular season records when the playoff starts. It is very sweet to beat them so much lately, but it wil be forgotten. I was disdainful of the home ice factor, but now I see that Couturier is capable of erasing Baby Huey and if Grossmann is healthy after the Vitale submarine cheap shot knee on knee he'll be with Coburn against them and that could be a key matchup for us.

4 points between Giroux and Simmonds. Good for the pool!

Whew...glad I got that all off my chest. I was pretty pissed off watching it. It's all too typical, but too bad Tankers...FLYERS WIN!

Outland
Outland

April 2nd, 2012, 1:14 pm #2

Good game and a playoff caliber atmosphere thru and thru. I tuned it a tad late and it was already 2-0. I was told that it looks like this one was over already but I said no, the Flyers have them where they wanted them and laughed. Didn't think it would be easy and it wasn't but the Flyers showed why they are a team not to be taken lightly.

On the other hand, so did the Pens. They shelled Bob with a lot of rubber and kept up a good amount of pressure on the Flyers for the 2nd game in a row. The Flyers really need to address that as I feel the special teams won't be as active when the playoffs begin. If the zebras swallowed whistles yesterday it portends a differently officiated game to come. I hate when they officiate one way all year long and then decide to 'let them play' & officiate differently when it matters the . Maybe it's just appearances but it seems that way.

Did the Flyers only retaliate yesterday? Of course not. There was plenty of 'cheap' extra curricular stuff going on all game long by both teams. It was to be expected. That being said, I did think that the Pens got away with a good bit more (Malkin punches, Crosby slashes)that should have called. The knee hit? I thought the knee on knee wasn't on purpose but the bottom line is it still happened.

I agree that even without Pronger and Meszaros the Flyer D unit seems to be better than the Pens & that the Flyers get the edge in overall depth. I'm not ready to say Couts is the answer on Malkin. He played a very good game yesterday but Malkin wasn't invisible or erased. Not to belittle his effort but I think that Bob had a lot to do with how some of the other guys were perceived.

Afraid? As in shuddering, quaking or shaking? Heh heh heh. I can't speak for anyone else but I lean more towards it being a healthy respect for a strong team that is easily a peer. They can be hated & I'm quite sure the Flyers feel that way but you can't just dismiss them and the Flyers won't. No love lost for the individuals but you still need to be wary of the Pens game.

I imagine the rest of the East wants the Flyers and Pens to keep it up and destroy each other in their 1st round war. I guess they'd be fools not too.

Outs

Icer
Icer

April 2nd, 2012, 4:05 pm #3

Another game part of the 52 or some such pattern of not scoring first or looking ready to play, but once again they overcome thanks in large part to Tanker arrogance after scoring the first two. They thought they were golden but Bobrovsky shut them down long enough to get our guns blazing their whining, crying, cheapshot asses into oblivion, and you could tell they didn't like it by the suck faces on their bench, led by Sister Cindy the Teflon Donna.

I can't believe I see nobody lamenting the delibrate cheap shot submarine by scrub Vitale on Grossmann knee on knee job. If Rinaldo did that to Orpik there would be an inquistion. Scrub Vitale, whose lack of abiltiy makes Wellwood look like Gretzky in comparison, would also be sent to take a run at Briere. Clean hit there, but intentonal suckface loser behaviour their camp has long cried about coming from Philly, but look what happens when the chips are down. Typical Tanker cheap shots all game long.

Crosby can slash Giroux's stick out right in plain view, crosscheck guys in the back, and basically do anything his fat lip wants, even with a great ref like McCauley, and he gets away with all. Typical. But when young Schenn dares to push down on the back of his head when Sister Cindy drops low to avoid a collison, the suckface is on and he goes wailing to the bench to tell Rat Bastard plainly on TV "Schenn". Well, the only way for a punk like Crysby to get even is the crosscheck from behind, and he gets it back and GOOD FOR SCHENN. All game there was cheapshot Tanker horseshit and it's about time somebody responded.

How about cheap shot artist Baby Huey? As has been noted, punches to the back of Giroux's head, an effete punch to the face of Couturier, who is in his head, or pushing Hartnell from behind at every chance. Always from behind. Always the cheap shot. Never a penalty. Well, he went boom boom in his pants when young Couturier challenged him. I haven't seen a guy skate backwards faster to get away since Glenn Anderson ran away from a fight one time. Coward.

Of course, when the Tankers get to call too many men on the ice penalties from their bench, or Orpik actually lifting his hand to call a penalty when he tucks Wellwood's stick under his arm, they get the impression they can do anything. They sent Asham after Schenn. There will no consequences to them. Vitale won't even be spoken about for his cheap shot knee on Grossmann.

It's alwys been this way, and this is what the Flyers will have to overcome to win in the playoffs, because you can bet your *** that the TV people and myNHL would prefer their Tankers to advance.

Watch out next game becausr they will look to cheap shot Giroux. It's a lock. Knee on knee. Elbow to the temple. A slash to the wrist. Don't believe for a second that Rat Bastard is reformed. It's just a matter of time before that back stabbing scumbag looks to end Giroux's career.

Now, all that aside, their defense is worse then ours as a group even if we had to dress Bourdon and Manning without playoff experience. Their support role players are inferior. They will rely on their three centers and acrobatic heroics from Fleury to win, and of course they will be handed plenty of power plays at key moments in the playoffs. Expect Cindy and Baby Huey scum to be diving all over the place.

Who was ever afraid of the Tankers? Not me. I have always snapped at that notion of being afraid of any team. The series is lost if they are.

Throw out the regular season records when the playoff starts. It is very sweet to beat them so much lately, but it wil be forgotten. I was disdainful of the home ice factor, but now I see that Couturier is capable of erasing Baby Huey and if Grossmann is healthy after the Vitale submarine cheap shot knee on knee he'll be with Coburn against them and that could be a key matchup for us.

Whew...glad I got that all off my chest. I was pretty pissed off watching it. It's all too typical, but too bad Tankers...FLYERS WIN!
But they won't be, becuase they think they are just entitled to play that way, and there's some other crybaby reason why they lost.

Pens spent that whole game cheapshotting, and getting away with it. Schenn's play was a penalty, was cheap. But he hit Cyndy in the shoulders - not the head, not the lower back, not the knees, and it was just hard enough to knock down a diver. AND it was in retaliation for a similar hit from behind. Not even mentioning the more dangerous shots like elbows and fists to heads all day, Malkin chopping at an injured Wellwood, Elbows into Simmonds swollen eye nowhere near the puck... Don't know about the shot on grossman, in full speed it didn't look intentional. And out of all that, they cry about Cyndy getting pushed down. Embarrassing.

Take a 2-0 lead, then watch as an undermanned team of kids scores the next 5. Embarassing.

Seems every play a pen grabs a Flyer stick and tucks it under his arm, then twist and spins before swooning at the ref. Embarassing. For the refs, too, falling for it all day.

Having the last line change, only to put Asham and Vitale out there. I guess he thought Lava was sending a message putting those goons Briere, Bourdon and Schenn out. Gutless is right, And Embarrassing.

And out of all of it, they whine about Crosby getting pushed down.

Pitts
Pitts

April 2nd, 2012, 4:15 pm #4

Wasn't it the last game or two back when clown boy Hartnel came right out and admitted that they decided to "take it" to the Pens with dirty play to get them of their game so the Flyers could get back in it?? It goes both ways, Don't forget that. There isn't one team in the league that doesn't play the same dirty way when they feel the they are losing the game.

I didn't get to see very much of yesterday's game, so I can't comment on the shenanigans. But, it goes both ways every game!

WCF
WCF

April 2nd, 2012, 4:58 pm #5

Did you read Pelle's post above? That says it all, your guys are cheap shot artists with poster boy Rat Bastard Cooke leading the way, that piece of human excrement should be decapitated, but I digress.

No doubt that Hartnell can be an irritant as well as very effective player this year, but the Tankers have the biggest array of cheap whining cowards that ever donned a hockey uniform. They have no honor whatsoever and Cyndy's crying carries more weight in this Tanker-tilted league than any one player. The Flyers are no saints, but with league protection, the Tankers get the unfair edge in every game they play.

Pelle31
Pelle31

April 2nd, 2012, 5:02 pm #6

Wasn't it the last game or two back when clown boy Hartnel came right out and admitted that they decided to "take it" to the Pens with dirty play to get them of their game so the Flyers could get back in it?? It goes both ways, Don't forget that. There isn't one team in the league that doesn't play the same dirty way when they feel the they are losing the game.

I didn't get to see very much of yesterday's game, so I can't comment on the shenanigans. But, it goes both ways every game!
The pens want to always grab the high road but they are just as guilty as anyone else......

All week on te radio here they talked about playing down to the flyers level. When you watch the game you'll see who played down to whos level....we frustrate them because we can skate with them and wont go away....last years team would have lost the last two games but this group keeps comng.....pens got frustrated they couldn't put us away ....

As far as the nd went I didn't have any problem with it....they got embarrassed on home ice and had to send some sort of message

Problem I do have is the locally media act like Cindy got cheap shot when reality is he gave schenn a shove right before he cross checked him back....just glad The kid stick up for himself him

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

April 2nd, 2012, 5:18 pm #7

Did you read Pelle's post above? That says it all, your guys are cheap shot artists with poster boy Rat Bastard Cooke leading the way, that piece of human excrement should be decapitated, but I digress.

No doubt that Hartnell can be an irritant as well as very effective player this year, but the Tankers have the biggest array of cheap whining cowards that ever donned a hockey uniform. They have no honor whatsoever and Cyndy's crying carries more weight in this Tanker-tilted league than any one player. The Flyers are no saints, but with league protection, the Tankers get the unfair edge in every game they play.
Two, count em 2 blatant slashes where Cindy busted her stick on a Flyer and NO CALL. I mean stick pieces are flying in the air and NO CALL. How the phuck does that NOT get called???? Then Malkin along the boards and he punches Couturier in the face not a glove in the face, a pretty nasty punch in the face and again NO call. Now if it was the Flyers losing and they did any of those 3 things tell me there would not have been a penalty, YEAH RIGHT!!! The myNhl darlings will get bounced in the first rd!!!

fff

BwB
BwB

April 2nd, 2012, 5:29 pm #8

I just love how a 19 yo rookie is already under the skin of the league MVP. Love the game from Coots yesterday, showing great composure, balls, and no fear. No worries, those punches to the head from Malkin will get called and it will be in the playoffs when it hurts the most. Malkin has a new shadow, and his name is Sean Couturier. This is just the beginning of a long and fun battle!!

Icer
Icer

April 2nd, 2012, 5:37 pm #9

first, Hartnell didn't say they needed to play dirty, he said they needed to play physical and irritating. BIIIG difference.

But the bigger difference:

What started the whole mess, and what the Whiners are caryying on so about, was Schenn's cross check. A cross check it was, cheap too, after the play. But it was in retaliation Crosby's own cheap shot, not a very hard check, and across his shoulders - not a head or joint shot, and it was penalized. That led to Blysma's decision to send his goons after Schenn and Briere, and a whole bunch of pittsburgh whining.

What you didn't see in yesterday's game was a parade of cheap head shots, broken stick slashes on our stars' wrists and ankles, elbows to Simmonds' freshly stitched eye, Malkin's stick chops at a Flyer who lay injured on the ice....

Both ways? Yup, it was a tough game. The Pens cried and answered it with gutless gooning, the Flyers shut up and beat the pens.

Which response would you prefer?

you should watch a replay

Pitts
Pitts

April 2nd, 2012, 7:21 pm #10

He sent the 4th line out to get a shift after the game was pretty much over from what I understand.

Vitale, Asham and Adams are not goons by any stretch on the imagination.

Vitale'***** was text book clean. The way your coach over reacted was comical and is the real headline today.

Confirmation of reply: