Flyers big on Nash

Flyers big on Nash

Josh
Josh

June 11th, 2012, 10:27 pm #1

Rumor is Flyers offered JVR, Bob and their 20th pick in the draft for Nash....they turned him down....now the deal is Courturier, Schenn and the 20th pick for him.....

I hope like hell this is JUST a rumor....the Flyers don't need another scorer they need someone to replace Pronger...and giving up Courts isn't a good idea imo. Schenn I don't care about...I'd much rather see JVR go...

Pelle31
Pelle31

June 11th, 2012, 11:56 pm #2

but we seriously need a top pairing defenseman. Pronger is done and Kimmo isn't far behind. We have a glut of 3-4 defenseman. Any deal involving forward prospects leaving better have a top pair D coming back

Brett
Brett

June 12th, 2012, 3:06 am #3

Rumor is Flyers offered JVR, Bob and their 20th pick in the draft for Nash....they turned him down....now the deal is Courturier, Schenn and the 20th pick for him.....

I hope like hell this is JUST a rumor....the Flyers don't need another scorer they need someone to replace Pronger...and giving up Courts isn't a good idea imo. Schenn I don't care about...I'd much rather see JVR go...
We dumped Carter and Richards for being overpaid for what they produced. Nash scored 30 goals and 59 points last season and was paid $7.8 million to do that last season. We will not be trading off they young talent we acquired a year ago just to get back into the same sinking boat we somehow bailed out of a year ago.

Unless by some act of lunacy on the part of the Jackets GM where he deals Nash and Jack Johnson for Briere and Timonen, we will NOT see Nash in a Flyers uniform.

Icer
Icer

June 12th, 2012, 3:21 pm #4

rumors abound.

Seriously? Coots, Schenn and a 20 for a player the Flyers don't need and Columbus wnats to dump? Guess which city started that rumor?

Confirmation of reply: