Flyers BEAT hawks...party it up!!!

Flyers BEAT hawks...party it up!!!

Sedsey
Sedsey

January 6th, 2012, 3:07 am #1

Let's hear it, Windy! You must be happy to beat your hometown bitchhawks.

They don't give two for style points. A win is a win. Down Timonen now...what's next??

Flyers beat Hawks! What resilience after a tough period letting another lead get away! What character to get it done! VanRem, no less, off the bench and to the net! Big win!

Philly200
Philly200

January 6th, 2012, 3:14 am #2

Schenn worked well with those two.

Loki
Loki

January 6th, 2012, 3:19 am #3

They don't give two for style points. A win is a win. Down Timonen now...what's next??

Flyers beat Hawks! What resilience after a tough period letting another lead get away! What character to get it done! VanRem, no less, off the bench and to the net! Big win!
best teams in the league tonight. I don't know how they did it, especially after losing Kimo, but that rag tag group of losers came up with a nice effort.

Boy the Flyers stink.

Sedsey
Sedsey

January 6th, 2012, 3:32 am #4

Despite all that went wrong there were more things that went right and if this is truly a "rag tag group of losers" then so is 85% of the league...

Freak
Freak

January 6th, 2012, 4:14 am #5

They didn't give up, and they made up for the weak goaltending. They won, and that is cause to celebrate.

I don't think they are a ragtag group of losers, I expected an up and down season and them slipping into the playoffs.

I hope Breezy can turn his game around. I was serious when I said maybe a trip to the minors would be best. Shock him into reality for a bit.

I think he can be a very good goaltender. He is not worth the contract he has, and that is the truth. I am worried we are going to lose a really good young goalie because of the contract. 3-4 years, and 4-5 million should have been the contract, not what he got. I know, we are stuck with it, unless ....

I heard on the team 1040 in Vancouver that Snider was embarrassed by Breezy, and his comments about the WC, and that Both B's were told not to say anything to the press. They were saying that the team is not very happy with Breezy at all at this point. Maybe a 1 time penalty free buyout will be in the CBA next summer.

I just don't see what Breezy brings to the table that Bobs can't...talent wise I mean.

Sedsey
Sedsey

January 6th, 2012, 4:23 am #6

I don't think even himself, from what I hear.

Wouldn't it be sneaky if they negotiated a way to back out of these deals...way too good to be true. Surely there would be lawsuits. I believe I may just love it if the NHL got like the NFL in these matters. The only concern I would have is players going soft to limit injury risks in such a set-up. It's terrible enough now.

What a shift by Rinaldo! He breaks up Sharp and then goes down to take out the D while Zolniercyzk scores!

********!!! Would you believe that I just heard the Gold Medal game score on Fox Sports LA? DAMN! Anyways...SWEDEN WON 1-0 in OT! RUSSIA LOSE!!! YEEEEEESSSSSSS!!! They still beat us, but I'm glad they lost. I avoided that score all night. I was about to watch it. I guess I will, but that sucks to know the final.

When evaluating Bryzglaov this year one just can't discount that Pronger was intended to be and is not there. Big difference maker for sure. Not that Bryz is playing well at all. He can only get better because there's nowhere else to go.

How the hell did they get hoodwinked by this guy when he had that rep already? All the good stuff they did and then Homer louses up the contracts again...

We are stuck with it. We can only hope because that's what the fans have to do.

Brett
Brett

January 6th, 2012, 5:39 am #7

If he plays this way, hitting the body hard and going to the net to create some havoc, he will be with this team for a long time. Also, it was nice timing on his fight with Shaw, and a decisive win, right after the Hawks first goal. It was early in the game and he didn't let the crowd stay quiet for long when Chicago took an early lead.

He's going to develop into a better Carcillo without the out of control antics.

Lazarus
Lazarus

January 6th, 2012, 6:56 am #8

Schenn worked well with those two.
Yes that line had some nice chances and JVR looked like a healed man

pelle31
pelle31

January 6th, 2012, 9:58 am #9

To give us your insight....lol

WCF
WCF

January 6th, 2012, 11:58 am #10

LOVING this as I dreaded coming to work today thinking the bandwagon Hawks fans we have here would be crowing if we blew this one. I am damn glad I missed the 3rd period or I would have been foaming at the mouth with anger and then sheer joy in those last 6 minutes. My whipping boy this year, JVR, really had a strong game and it was good to see. Is Mr. Briere still on the Flyers?? Very disturbing, again, to see us lose a 2 goal lead and this reminds me of last year's second half where coughing up a lead in the 3rd became a routine thing.

This big win made me somewhat forget the WC sting, so all is good this day. Damn Ranjerks won, again! That team is shockingly good, hope they come back to earth soon. Can we just give the Cup to the Bruins at this point? Nobody will beat that team with their g-tending and D.

For the Flyers, I have come to accept that there will be these ups and downs with this often-injured and g-tender-challenged team. Just going to enjoy the wins over good teams like last night and the Tanker one last week. I hope Kimmo isn't hurt, what else can happen injury-wise???? It will be a chance for the young ones to step up.

Confirmation of reply: