Draft

Draft

Sedsey
Sedsey

June 20th, 2012, 3:36 pm #1

I am right out of sync with hockey these days...I have little clue on what the field looks like at pick no 20...I expect Homer will get us a player...I was told TSN mock drafted a hulking power forward named Wilson for us...I like the sound of it, but really I want D...

Freak
Freak

June 20th, 2012, 3:41 pm #2

WTF?...

Loki
Loki

June 20th, 2012, 6:47 pm #3

I am right out of sync with hockey these days...I have little clue on what the field looks like at pick no 20...I expect Homer will get us a player...I was told TSN mock drafted a hulking power forward named Wilson for us...I like the sound of it, but really I want D...
Do these guys think Bob Clarke is still drafting players for the Flyers?

As for mock drafts, they're good for fan discussion and little else. Someone, somewhere in the draft will do some lunkheaded move and throw the draft board into a tizzy. lol

Sedsey
Sedsey

June 21st, 2012, 12:46 am #4

Most of them if I have seen them play it was the WJC or the Memorial Cup and the memory can dim so I do like seeing a one liner on a consensus opinion just to see what type of player the picks are projected to be...I do see a lot of defensemen on the board...

BwB
BwB

June 21st, 2012, 9:48 pm #5

The kind of guy we love!! He scored less than Dan Carcillo in juniors, I don't know anything about him other than scouting reports, but I'm not sure why he's so highly regarded. Here's an article about the kid:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/draft/20 ... ward_king/

Loki
Loki

June 22nd, 2012, 12:06 am #6

I imagine Homer will come up with something better. Those two that made the list are talking heads for a reason. They're akin to Helmet Head Kiper over at ESPN and Disney Sports.

I imagine we can kvetch about some things that PaulH does, but finding talent isn't one of them. The guy has the eye.

Confirmation of reply: