Doan meeting with Flyers tomorrow

Doan meeting with Flyers tomorrow

Tim55
Tim55

July 21st, 2012, 3:42 am #1

According to Sports talk radio in Phoenix, I guess Doan will be replacing someone involved in the
Weber trade, Think a forward & D plus 2 first rd picks will be going the other way. Who would you want
to go Mez/Coburn & Read/Voracek, I would rather Mez & Read

Brett
Brett

July 21st, 2012, 4:20 am #2

The two defensemen, I'm fond of them both...probably Meszaros a little more than Coburn. He provides more offensively while Coburn is more reliable defensively. To get Weber, I wouldn't begrudge seeing either one go. With Schenn, Weber, and Grossman, I guess I would rather keep Meszaros for the offense, but either way I'm not complaining.

Read and Voracek are tougher. Is Read just a flash in the pan that we should sell high on? He's the better scorer of the two and his speed makes a lot of things happen. Voracek is a bit more of a playmaker and I really think has the ability to become the better overall player by a lot. Voracek is 4 years younger, but Read would be smaller against the cap. I would rather keep Voracek, but they both bring something nice to the table...again for Weber, I don't care either way.

Tim55
Tim55

July 21st, 2012, 5:11 am #3

but with the injury he had could it hamper him again,Mez has a big shot but you get that back with
Weber, Would like to keep both. Ok they can just give them Matt Walker, HAHA

dl
dl

July 21st, 2012, 5:26 am #4

According to Sports talk radio in Phoenix, I guess Doan will be replacing someone involved in the
Weber trade, Think a forward & D plus 2 first rd picks will be going the other way. Who would you want
to go Mez/Coburn & Read/Voracek, I would rather Mez & Read
the Flyers are looking for a forward to supply some offense they lost, and number 2, they would have to drop a dman making about 4 mil to land Doan. Now if they don't get Webber, Doan is still a great addition. But he has made some other stops in the east.

Brett
Brett

July 21st, 2012, 1:33 pm #5

Definitely the kind of you guy you want for the playoffs, along with Weber, we'd be once again adding 2 former captains to our already team to go with Briere and Timonen. So the team certainly shouldn't want for leadership by any means. But yeah, it does indicate the team is either going to be dealing away at least one forward, or he's a contingency plan to add to the roster should Weber's offer sheet be matched.

If we could add him and Weber, the team will like quite stout as a playoff team.

Confirmation of reply: