Did stupidity reign supreme last night?

Did stupidity reign supreme last night?

Outland
Outland

March 27th, 2012, 12:15 pm #1

Stupid is a brutal word to use but some of the things they did last night to make a very winnable game a loser weren't very smart or what a more focused team would be doing. Mistakes happen and they aren't machines but they are at a time of the year where they aren't supposed to be making gaffs like they did.

Tampa is a bad team. There's no getting around that. That's what makes it so bad. Any hopes the Flyers had of division and conference titles evaporated with that awful L. Their chances for home ice in round 1 are also on life support this morning and any win they'd get against the NYR or Pens can only replace the missing W they threw away last night against the Bolts.

They came back??? Don't go there. There wasn't anything pleasing to me about that. I've been wanting to know WHY did they have to come back. And especially against THAT kind of team? Ergo, I really don't want to here about how they came back or ALMOST pulled even. If it floats any of your boats so be it but please don't crow about it. I saw it as just another game where they dominate yet lose. Those kind of things used to only happen once in a blue moon and they've managed to do that twice in a very short span of time.

Outs

WCF
WCF

March 27th, 2012, 1:01 pm #2

Outs, the loss was inexcusable especially considering that they are playing for playoff position. It seems certain that the Tankers will be it, not a good 1st round situation.

I have to mention the Tampa problem in general. They have had problems beating this team for years and it all goes back to Tampa knowing how to play the Flyers by employing an efective trap, ala the NJD heydays. Just seems to me that the Flyers would have figured out some way to beat that trap with what I agree is a very mediocre Bolts team. On top of this, if Breezy is hurt, the toilet can start flushing.

I don't know what to think at this point, just when you think this team might be rounding into form at the right time, they have home games like Florida and Tampa within a week. The coma-induced 1st period starts of late are a bad omen and just leave me scratching the old noggin.

Outland
Outland

March 27th, 2012, 2:02 pm #3

It was like watching a train wreck in slow motion. That game didn't erase all of the good work they've recently done but it, coupled with that Panther fiasco, surely put a hurting on it.

Yogi was right when he supposedly said that it's never over til it's over but the Flyers will need a LOT of good things to happen to help them overcome what could be a full 3 game lead for the Pens & a 3.5 game lead for the NYR with 6 to play. Tough row to hoe for any team in any sport. NYR game in hand is against the Wild and the Pens play the NYI.

Lots of good stuff happening in the East and the West and it's good for hockey that there are still titles, playoff berths and better seed positions still up for grabs.

Outs

Pelle31
Pelle31

March 27th, 2012, 2:04 pm #4

Outs, the loss was inexcusable especially considering that they are playing for playoff position. It seems certain that the Tankers will be it, not a good 1st round situation.

I have to mention the Tampa problem in general. They have had problems beating this team for years and it all goes back to Tampa knowing how to play the Flyers by employing an efective trap, ala the NJD heydays. Just seems to me that the Flyers would have figured out some way to beat that trap with what I agree is a very mediocre Bolts team. On top of this, if Breezy is hurt, the toilet can start flushing.

I don't know what to think at this point, just when you think this team might be rounding into form at the right time, they have home games like Florida and Tampa within a week. The coma-induced 1st period starts of late are a bad omen and just leave me scratching the old noggin.
Compared to Boston NY and even nj we matchip better with them (and have beaten them with and without Cindy) and have beaten them more than the others.....they have yet to best us in their new building

WCF
WCF

March 27th, 2012, 3:02 pm #5

I don't like what is happening of late, they are getting in huge 1st period holes and it happened vs. the Pens too, that is playoff suicide because we
know they can play better than what they are showing in the first 20 minutes.

Why are they not prepared to play from the get go? We can't blame the Party Boys anymore and this team is truly a cut above what we saw with those two leading the charge. That being said, the lack on intensity is still rearing it's ugly head and forcing them to play catchup almost every game.

Freak
Freak

March 27th, 2012, 3:12 pm #6

Richards with 2 goals in his last 31 games.....ouch

WCF
WCF

March 27th, 2012, 3:38 pm #7

I really don't miss his sullen arse one bit!!!

Confirmation of reply: