Couturier is just awesome

Couturier is just awesome

Pelle31
Pelle31

January 18th, 2012, 1:26 am #1

this kid has really picked it up the last month...he looks comfy out there and we have a real stud rookie.....maybe a Bob Clarke? he has the smile already...lol

Sedsey
Sedsey

January 18th, 2012, 2:10 am #2

Quite the hot streak he is on lately. 20 goals for Hartnell. I projected him at 23.

Outland
Outland

January 18th, 2012, 2:05 pm #3

this kid has really picked it up the last month...he looks comfy out there and we have a real stud rookie.....maybe a Bob Clarke? he has the smile already...lol
The Flyers should be extremely pleased with themselves for selecting him. It's not in Couturier to toot his own horn and it's good to see some of the other guys and his coach doing it for him. Well earned and deserved.

You're right that he has the Clarke smile. The work ethic isn't too shabby either.

Outs

Icer
Icer

January 18th, 2012, 5:30 pm #4

was the last next Clarke. They might have gotten it right this time, just without the nasty edge but more smarts. And fewer cocktails.

This is why I was doing backflips when I heard they signed him. And he's not even close to what he'll be in a year or two. When he adds some size and feels more cofortable at NHL speed, he will be a dominant player in this league.

pelle31
pelle31

January 18th, 2012, 5:51 pm #5

For all the faults of this team I don't miss the party boys at all. No matter how this season ends I will feel a lot better than I did last year.!

Outland
Outland

January 18th, 2012, 6:13 pm #6

I second that. I hated disliking some of the players on my team of choice & Richards easily headed my list. Carter didn't bother me but Richards I didn't care for.

Outs

Icer
Icer

January 18th, 2012, 6:27 pm #7

last year's team would have found a way to turn last night's game into a 5-4 score.

dl
dl

January 18th, 2012, 11:48 pm #8

For all the faults of this team I don't miss the party boys at all. No matter how this season ends I will feel a lot better than I did last year.!
you felt that same feeling about Mike( Richards is his last name), after his first and second seasons???? Just asking.

Not saying you, but it is ironic that Hartnell is now a hero, now that he is scoring isn't it?

BwB
BwB

January 18th, 2012, 11:59 pm #9

Easily on his way to being my favorite Flyer. The kid does everything right. It's easy to forget that he's a rook, he's been playing like a seasoned vet from day 1. And now that he's getting even more comfortable and playing with better skilled players, we're seeing the scoring touch added in. That Carter trade might be the steal of the century. I haven't bought a jersey since a black LeCair third some years ago, but I'm about to order up a Couturier Winter Classic.

Pelle31
Pelle31

January 19th, 2012, 12:24 am #10

you felt that same feeling about Mike( Richards is his last name), after his first and second seasons???? Just asking.

Not saying you, but it is ironic that Hartnell is now a hero, now that he is scoring isn't it?
Hartnell is putting pucks in the net and that justifies $4 million salary.....if he isn't scoring he is useless...

as far as Mike goes....I don't think anyone had any issues with him until he became "Captain Malaise"....losing streaks were not a big deal and he was very standoffish to the media when they asked him legit questions(slow starts, losing to teams they shouldn't, effort over 60 minutes)......the final straw was the light switch comment.....he did it to himself...it's obvious he and his drinking buddy who is now in Columbus were infecting the team ....they needed to go and we are a better team without them here

Confirmation of reply: