Coburn gione if Weber signs...

Coburn gione if Weber signs...

The Animal
The Animal

July 19th, 2012, 7:16 pm #1

I don't see the Flyers keeping all the Dmen we have if Weber signs. Coburn is the logical choice to move. He has a c ap hit of 4.5 mil over the next 4 years and has the size and speed that teams are looking for and should make him easy to move. If he leaves and Kimmo retires next year (6.3 mil cap hit) plus Pronger's LTIR, we're in good shape. Pairs would be the following...

Weber Timonen
Schenn Mezzaros
Gervais Grossman
Bourdon, Lija and Grossman on reserve.

I'd try to move Lija as well.

Brett
Brett

July 19th, 2012, 7:36 pm #2

If we have the space and are done making moves, why not keep all 6. Let the young guys get their playing time developing in the AHL. Next year, you can let Timonen walk and still have Coburn, Schenn, Meszaros, Weber, and Grossman with a young guy playing 6th. Or you if something better comes along, you could always move Coburn next season.

But, getting ahead of myself, let's just see what plays out with Weber first.

The Animal
The Animal

July 19th, 2012, 7:41 pm #3

I doubt we'd sign a free agent to have him sit in he press box. Plus Lija?

Icer
Icer

July 19th, 2012, 9:03 pm #4

he's a 6-7 dman, we didn't sign him for a lot, he's insurance.

I'd see them try to move Timmo at the deadline, to make room.

dl
dl

July 19th, 2012, 10:01 pm #5

what Animal is saying and I believe it also true, the Flyers will be giving up a dman as part of the settlement with the Preds. And it would appear that Coburn could indeed be the odd man out. I just hope the Flyers are NOT going to give up one of their top 6 forwards also as compensation, but that very well could be happening. Which is probably why, we JUST saw an offer for Doan.

Brett
Brett

July 20th, 2012, 4:13 am #6

Is that I would love to have been listening in on the first phone call Homer had with Poile today.

Icer
Icer

July 20th, 2012, 2:45 pm #7

the phone conversations Homer's having with the other GMs who tried to make a deal with Poile. "Why didn't I think of that!?"

Brett
Brett

July 20th, 2012, 3:09 pm #8

Homer could say "You have no marbles!"

Confirmation of reply: