Carter to LA...

Carter to LA...

The Animal
The Animal

February 24th, 2012, 12:13 am #1

Pelle31
Pelle31

February 24th, 2012, 1:18 am #2

lol...I can't believe with the ties they have to the Flyers that they would know better to reunite these two...especially in sunny LA....too funny

Sedsey
Sedsey

February 24th, 2012, 1:26 am #3

We'll see and hear lots of gush about the Carter/Richards "playing together" angle, just as they foolishly opined a Nash/Carter connection that doesn't really exist.

Maybe we'll hear Richards is a great face-off man in there somewhere. heh heh

...and we'll hear party talk in LA.

Now, for a popgun team like LA I understand it. I wonder who is a playmaking winger set out there to maximize his value. His play should pick up because it's obvious he hated Columbus.

Penner, Brown, Williams? Geez, I dunno LA...I am surprised they are this bad offensively.

Lucky Columbus gets to correct a mistake. They might end up with two first rounders by the time they are done moving Nash too.

In much more important news, I am hearing Ott to us, which would be OK on the cheap, and I don't like the trade JVR talk. The guy's upside is young Nash, and they talked about our whole youth movement to get him, so stay the course and see if the playoff beast can revive. At least Lebrun is saying it would take a major package. In that sense, and just as a wild example, if you could stab a Drew Doughty or some crazy thing then go nuts, but otherwise don't bother.

I'll be happy for this. NO PANIC MOVE! Grossman and Kubina. A couple vets on D. That was the market. Good enough. Remember the future! Don't get rid of VanRem!

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

February 24th, 2012, 1:34 am #4

I can guarantee that too. The Columbus Dispatch does not own an NHL franchise!!

Party on Wayne, Party on Garth, Party on Mike, Party on Jeff!!
Who ever is running the Kings should be fired.

fff

Pelle31
Pelle31

February 24th, 2012, 1:41 am #5

We'll see and hear lots of gush about the Carter/Richards "playing together" angle, just as they foolishly opined a Nash/Carter connection that doesn't really exist.

Maybe we'll hear Richards is a great face-off man in there somewhere. heh heh

...and we'll hear party talk in LA.

Now, for a popgun team like LA I understand it. I wonder who is a playmaking winger set out there to maximize his value. His play should pick up because it's obvious he hated Columbus.

Penner, Brown, Williams? Geez, I dunno LA...I am surprised they are this bad offensively.

Lucky Columbus gets to correct a mistake. They might end up with two first rounders by the time they are done moving Nash too.

In much more important news, I am hearing Ott to us, which would be OK on the cheap, and I don't like the trade JVR talk. The guy's upside is young Nash, and they talked about our whole youth movement to get him, so stay the course and see if the playoff beast can revive. At least Lebrun is saying it would take a major package. In that sense, and just as a wild example, if you could stab a Drew Doughty or some crazy thing then go nuts, but otherwise don't bother.

I'll be happy for this. NO PANIC MOVE! Grossman and Kubina. A couple vets on D. That was the market. Good enough. Remember the future! Don't get rid of VanRem!
wow....for a often broken one trick pony with no heart...

Loki
Loki

February 24th, 2012, 2:10 pm #6

Amazing that he got Johnson and a number one for this year's version of Jeff Carter. Simply amazing.

Al Morganti had a couple of good points this morning. If the Kings get Carter from three years ago, it's a good deal for both teams. Short term this should be good for the Kings.

Long term, those two in LA could turn into Robert Downey Junior and Lindsey Lohan. I'm thinking the whiny, petulent Carter who moped his way out of Columbus as Lohan.

Freak
Freak

February 24th, 2012, 3:24 pm #7

I get the feeling that Carter in LA will be beneficial for him. Yes, the party boys are back together, but, Carter is going to be motivated to pick his game up. You have seen it happening, he has been playing better, and now he is back wth his boyfriend, he should be happy.

So..we we have been happy with:

Richards and Carter to LA for

Schenn, Simmonds, Johnson, and a 1st?

I like the package we got from both CBJ and LA, so I would not want to revisit it.

Just how many Flyers play in LA now?

Carter/ Richards/ Gagne/ Williams.....quite a lot of hype for those four when we first got them. I think to an extent, we overvalue most of the guys who play for us.

Brett
Brett

February 24th, 2012, 10:42 pm #8

I don't know how much he will be motivated in LA. To be completely honest, I don't know what motivates this guy. His production drops off dramatically in the playoffs, so hunger to win never seemed to be a motivator. He never clicked with any of his linemates and he never seemed to adapt his game to other players. He is a complete lock and load guy who will not pass up a good shot or a bad shot, so trying to make his teammates better and his line successful didn't seem to be a motivator. He now has his salary locked up for over the next decade, so money is not going to be a motivator as he will be around 35 when he is due his next deal.

I'm not familiar with the system LA plays, but if he is given free reign to be a goal scorer like Kovalchuk was in ATL than his goal numbers may jump. But at what cost? I know I wouldn't want to play on his line.

As to the deals we got, I like them too. Johnson was highly thought of, but his numbers were never that great, especially his plus minus. Granted he is still young and could develop defensively. I think the opinion of him was inflated due to his draft spot and making the NHL early. He's got potential, but I would take the combo we got primarily because I think Couturier will be a better forward than Johnson will be a defenseman.

Confirmation of reply: