cant complain they had their chances in OT

cant complain they had their chances in OT

Pelle31
Pelle31

May 4th, 2012, 2:47 am #1

pucks to net....it's that fn simple boys.....these guys don't play like the Pens do...

Sedsey
Sedsey

May 4th, 2012, 3:00 am #2

Really, they were lucky to even get to OT as they were outmanned almost all night and no Flyers player had the body language that they wanted to be a difference maker. After a ****** like Hartnell, Carle, and Lilja pulled it was a fluke Briere tied it.

But, did they learn the lesson of that tying goal? Go to the net while a shot is taken? Stop there? Score? Nope...too much coasting by and nobody wants to shoot the puck.

Geesh, NJ is NYR lite, and the Flyers don't convince me in the slighest they are interested in paying the proice to win this series.

Nice ******* line change in OT. Are you serious? A mistake like that deserves a loss. They had every break but simply did not show up as men for the last two games.

I'll be at a concert for game 4. When I get home to watch the replay I expect to see a Flyers team with self delusional thoughts slapped out of their faces. Run and gun is dead. Cycle, hard work, and desperation for every puck battle is what we need. I would say that went about 75% to the Devils tonight.

Richly deserved loss. I'm disgusted with how they are throwing away this opportunity.

Sedsey
Sedsey

May 4th, 2012, 3:02 am #3

pucks to net....it's that fn simple boys.....these guys don't play like the Pens do...
Really, they were lucky to even get to OT as they were outmanned almost all night and no Flyers player had the body language that they wanted to be a difference maker. After a ****** like Hartnell, Carle, and Lilja pulled it was a fluke Briere tied it.

But, did they learn the lesson of that tying goal? Go to the net while a shot is taken? Stop there? Score? Nope...too much coasting by and nobody wants to shoot the puck.

Geesh, NJ is NYR lite, and the Flyers don't convince me in the slighest they are interested in paying the proice to win this series.

Nice ******* line change in OT. Are you serious? A mistake like that deserves a loss. They had every break but simply did not show up as men for the last two games.

I'll be at a concert for game 4. When I get home to watch the replay I expect to see a Flyers team with self delusional thoughts slapped out of their faces. Run and gun is dead. Cycle, hard work, and desperation for every puck battle is what we need. I would say that went about 75% to the Devils tonight.

Richly deserved loss. I'm disgusted with how they are throwing away this opportunity.

PA
PA

May 4th, 2012, 11:40 am #4

You don't smirk at the Hockey Gods.

Schenn and Voracek will be having nightmares for the next couple of days about almosta's.

The Flyers should not be surprised that they are being attacked by this system. It's the Devils and Rangers strengths and they are going to get it in two doses.

If I were Lavvy I'd have a dump and chase plan and a carry the puck in plan based on which defensemen are on the ice, and anyone who doesn't have a high motor in game four sits in game five.

Icer
Icer

May 4th, 2012, 3:58 pm #5

I've been shouting that at the TV for 2 games now, and noticing that NONE of these guys seem to want to strap the team to their backs, or even just step up and do something.

OK, not none of them. Wellwood is giving his all. Too bad he's a 10 game rookie, they won't follow him. And Bryzy has tried, but he seemed to sag in game 2 when it became apparent the team had no interest in matching his intensity.

Where is that Giroux that made such a statement in Series 1, game 6? Remember the whole "taking of the torch" thing? The "true leader" thing? Prove it, G!

Outland
Outland

May 4th, 2012, 4:29 pm #6

The Pens didn't think it necessary to dog Giroux or treat him like the keymaster to the Flyers success whereas the Devils think it's mandatory to hound him & hit him at every opportunity. Which team has chosen wisely?

The good Flyers list is very small. You're right that Bryz has tried & isn't to blame and he's actually been the better of the 2 goalies. If Mar-tan isn't stumbling, fumbling, mishandling & letting in what I think have been some terribly soft goals for a man of his stature it's possibly 3-0 Devils right now. Marty made that Florida series close and even though he's made some good saves in this series he has really struggled and is fighting the puck.

A word on Briere. He gets a lot of kudos for being THE man for the playoffs & there's no doubt he's been a producer BUT it does not erase the fact that he's always been an albatross when defense is a priority. He has 108 pts in 106 playoff games and is still a -7 for his career. That's just ridiculous.

Lot of hockey left to play & the Flyers have better depth but the Devils are feeling it right now.

Outs

Confirmation of reply: