Breezy too sick???

Breezy too sick???

WCF
WCF

January 6th, 2012, 1:37 pm #1

Now Breezy alledgedly has the mysterious Flyers Flu that prompted him to not speak to the media after the game. Hmmm, he may be sick, but it's interesting how the walking sound bite all of a sudden clams up. Has a gag order been imposed on the slavic verbal sloberer? I think he needs to keep his trap shut for a while and concentrate on his eroding game. Maybe I'm wrong, but I find it intersting that the only games he has been focused and sharp were the two against Phoenix. In his defense, his defense is truly depleted and many of his fowards fail on their assignments, but this is turning out to be one of the worst signings in Flyers history. Too long and too much $$ and too late to fix it.

pelle31
pelle31

January 6th, 2012, 3:26 pm #2

I have a feeling after he upstaged Lava by announcing he wasn't starting the classic that he was spoken to by said coach and told to keep that mouth closed._

Icer
Icer

January 6th, 2012, 4:47 pm #3

Like Windy pointed out, he played well against Phoenix, I'll add one or two other games against big name goalies. If he can turn it on for those, it's not about anything physical.

The fallout's begun. Snider's voicing regret. Coach is angry with his talking. Team is happier to see Bob play. That's an awful lot for a fragile psyche to handle. Does he man up and take personal responsibility, maybe finally mature and reach his potential? Or is it tumor time?

WCF
WCF

January 6th, 2012, 7:32 pm #4

I would hate to think we have already gotten to the tumor stage, but it sure seems like this has become a festering problem. He basically made his own bed by talking waaaay too much, trying to be entertaining off the ice and not focusing on it, and lastly playing his way out of a #1 job. Bob should be the starter for now until those high, hard shots start whizing by him again.

Jim Craig
Jim Craig

January 6th, 2012, 8:13 pm #5

when those hard, high shots start coming in...you mean next game? Every team in the NHL knows he goes down early and often (unlike my ex girlfriend). I like Bob, and hope he becomes a great goalie....but what I don't get is if Jeff Reese ( the goalie coach, aka goalie whisperer) who changed Leightons game so much....how come he can't seem to help Bob with this?

Icer
Icer

January 6th, 2012, 10:08 pm #6

it's hugely overhyped?

EVERY butterfly goalie is vulnerable to high hard shots. It's why they have a GAA above 0.

He certainly can improve it some, but I guarantee, even if - no, I have to say it - when - he wins multiple Vezinas, the book will STILL be to shoot high.

Could be why everybody wanted to know how comme Briere didn't shoot high on Lundqvist.

Confirmation of reply: