Boston complaining about physical play?

Boston complaining about physical play?

Pelle31
Pelle31

January 23rd, 2012, 1:35 pm #1

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 21333.html

This is pretty funny coming from a team that makes its hay from running teams into the ground. None of those hits were head shots and even the one on Horton was a hit in the chest area. I love the fact they played so hard and physical. Stood up to Boston. They even hit Character many times to keep him honest. They play like that and get a goaltender to make a couple stops they could beat them come playoff time. The big bad Bruins don't like it when you give them what they like to give out it seems. They lost their cool which led to our pp chances.

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

January 23rd, 2012, 2:17 pm #2

That is rich coming from the team that invented cheap shots boo hoo!!! Suck it up princesses!! The Bruins have no one to blame but themselves they run around the league trying to wipe people out trying to run over everyone and then start whining when they get it back??? PULease!!! That reminds me of when Lindros came into the league and was wiping people out all over the league, he made himself a target and that is just what the Bruins have done!! I was really happy with the way they played minus Ilya of course. Teams have been running all over our guys lately and I was starting to think they were a ball-less bunch so it was nice to see that style of play from them, they played great. I'll take that point any day of the week. sniff sniff sniff sniff "the fwyers are hitting usth" sniff sniff sniff ha ha ha ha!!!

fff

Pelle31
Pelle31

January 23rd, 2012, 2:23 pm #3

I would have given the kid a star even tho he didn't have a point. He was throwing hits all over the ice. One of which led directly to a turnover and goal....

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

January 23rd, 2012, 2:41 pm #4

Pelle31
Pelle31

January 23rd, 2012, 3:20 pm #5

that's more John Stewart than I have watched in my life....I don't really care for his politics ...lol

WCF
WCF

January 23rd, 2012, 3:33 pm #6

That was a funny vid and I like his politics too.

Sedsey
Sedsey

January 24th, 2012, 2:34 am #7

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 21333.html

This is pretty funny coming from a team that makes its hay from running teams into the ground. None of those hits were head shots and even the one on Horton was a hit in the chest area. I love the fact they played so hard and physical. Stood up to Boston. They even hit Character many times to keep him honest. They play like that and get a goaltender to make a couple stops they could beat them come playoff time. The big bad Bruins don't like it when you give them what they like to give out it seems. They lost their cool which led to our pp chances.
Colliding with Coburn as Lucic saunters in leisurely and scores non withstanding, he fought Lucic, knocked over Chara a couple times, and generally played the role he was given to the point where he was being called "villain" on the Boston broadcast (the hit on Hornton the chief reason).

To me, he has earned a shot to stick even when others come back, should he sustain that effort level. Exactly the kind of thing we need.

MachoFlyer
MachoFlyer

January 24th, 2012, 5:30 pm #8

Sestito is a guy that can play the role of enforcer and also score some points. He skates real well for his size and is a much better option than Shelly. I think guys like him and Rinaldo make a difference when they play and could lead to a trade like JVR for a good defencemen that I think we need here the most.

Icer
Icer

January 24th, 2012, 5:38 pm #9

Unfortunately, a suspension so early in his career will leave him marked. He seems to get that, but it's going to be tough to do what he does best without crossing a line that has been moved closer to him. If he picks his spots and stays away from ticking off the refs, he'll be fine. Hope so, he fills a real need.

MachoFlyer
MachoFlyer

January 24th, 2012, 8:05 pm #10

If you hang around long enough in this league you will get suspended. Even the great Ovechkin just got nabbed. Sestito boarded somebody to earn his and I never seen him act out or cause problems

Confirmation of reply: