Are the press finally seeing the real Cindy Crybaby?

Are the press finally seeing the real Cindy Crybaby?

Freak
Freak

April 3rd, 2012, 1:27 pm #1

Mike Milbury is anyway..:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu ... t-17550358

Former NHL coach and general manager Mike Milbury added more life to the drama between the Penguins and Flyers after calling out Pittsburgh superstar Sidney Crosby on a Philadelphia radio station.

Speaking on Sports Radio 94WIP Monday, Milbury ripped Crosby for his role in instigating a game-ending line brawl in Sunday's game between the Penguins and Flyers. The chaotic scene resulted in 52 minutes in penalties being assessed between the two teams.

The fighting was touched off in part by Flyers forward Brayden Schenn's cross-check to Crosby.

"Little goody two shoes (Crosby) goes into the corner and gives a shot to Schenn. Schenn was late to the party, he should have turned around and drilled him right away, but I guess better late than never," said Milbury, who is an analyst on CBC and NBC.

"So you know, Crosby gets cross-checked, big whoop. He said after he came back from his 35th concussion, 'I'm not going to do this anymore, I'm not going to get into this scrums, I'm going to stay away from that stuff.' He couldn't help himself because there's a little punk in Crosby.

"He's not the perfect gentleman. He's not the sweet kid you see in interviews with his hat pulled down over his eyes. I'd say screw him, hit him."

Earlier Monday, Flyers coach Peter Laviolette was fined US$10,000 for out counterpart Dan Bylsma over the incident. Laviolette was upset that the Penguins' fourth line took a shift shortly after Jakub Voracek's empty-net goal concluded the scoring.

During the shift, Penguins forward Joe Vitale levelled Flyers centre Daniel Briere shortly after the ensuing faceoff, starting off a chain of events that included Crosby's run-in with Schenn, as well as Laviolette smashing a stick over the glass.

"Those guys hadn't been out there in 12 minutes," Laviolette said in his post-game press conference. "It's a gutless move by their coach. It's gutless."

Penguins assistant Tony Granato, who stepped on the top of the side boards and in between the two head coaches, was also fined $2,500.

"It's not totally uncommon," Milbury said of Laviolette's behaviour after the game, while the Flyers won 6-4. "I can remember being on such a perch, or at least trying to climb over the boards to get at somebody to make a point. And I thought Dan Bylsma should have taken off his skirt and gone over there."

With files from The Associated Press.

Pitt Bull
Pitt Bull

April 3rd, 2012, 2:32 pm #2

Let me say first, that I am from the Pittsburgh area, and I agree with Milbury's assessment of Crosby and company.
Crosby is like the kid you could never stand in school. He cries, snibbles and runs to momma when he can't get his way.
If he can't score, it's because the other team isn't playing fair. If he gets hit, the other player is taking a cheap shot at him. He believes that he should be given special treatment just because he's on the ice.
Bylsma is just his enabler. He is a sissy and lets everyone else fight his battles.
Problem is, the league has made Cindy and the Penguins their favorite team. Officials let Crosby cry and Bylsma and the rest of the team play the way they do. I hope the Flyers will wipe them out quickly in the first round.

Pitt Bull
Pitt Bull

April 3rd, 2012, 2:33 pm #3

Former NHL coach and general manager Mike Milbury added more life to the drama between the Penguins and Flyers after calling out Pittsburgh superstar Sidney Crosby on a Philadelphia radio station.

Speaking on Sports Radio 94WIP Monday, Milbury ripped Crosby for his role in instigating a game-ending line brawl in Sunday's game between the Penguins and Flyers. The chaotic scene resulted in 52 minutes in penalties being assessed between the two teams.

The fighting was touched off in part by Flyers forward Brayden Schenn's cross-check to Crosby.

"Little goody two shoes (Crosby) goes into the corner and gives a shot to Schenn. Schenn was late to the party, he should have turned around and drilled him right away, but I guess better late than never," said Milbury, who is an analyst on CBC and NBC.

"So you know, Crosby gets cross-checked, big whoop. He said after he came back from his 35th concussion, 'I'm not going to do this anymore, I'm not going to get into this scrums, I'm going to stay away from that stuff.' He couldn't help himself because there's a little punk in Crosby.

"He's not the perfect gentleman. He's not the sweet kid you see in interviews with his hat pulled down over his eyes. I'd say screw him, hit him."

Earlier Monday, Flyers coach Peter Laviolette was fined US$10,000 for out counterpart Dan Bylsma over the incident. Laviolette was upset that the Penguins' fourth line took a shift shortly after Jakub Voracek's empty-net goal concluded the scoring.

During the shift, Penguins forward Joe Vitale levelled Flyers centre Daniel Briere shortly after the ensuing faceoff, starting off a chain of events that included Crosby's run-in with Schenn, as well as Laviolette smashing a stick over the glass.

"Those guys hadn't been out there in 12 minutes," Laviolette said in his post-game press conference. "It's a gutless move by their coach. It's gutless."

Penguins assistant Tony Granato, who stepped on the top of the side boards and in between the two head coaches, was also fined $2,500.

"It's not totally uncommon," Milbury said of Laviolette's behaviour after the game, while the Flyers won 6-4. "I can remember being on such a perch, or at least trying to climb over the boards to get at somebody to make a point. And I thought Dan Bylsma should have taken off his skirt and gone over there."

Let me say first, that I am from the Pittsburgh area, and I agree with Milbury's assessment of Crosby and company.
Crosby is like the kid you could never stand in school. He cries, snibbles and runs to momma when he can't get his way.
If he can't score, it's because the other team isn't playing fair. If he gets hit, the other player is taking a cheap shot at him. He believes that he should be given special treatment just because he's on the ice.
Bylsma is just his enabler. He is a sissy and lets everyone else fight his battles.
Problem is, the league has made Cindy and the Penguins their favorite team. Officials let Crosby cry and Bylsma and the rest of the team play the way they do. I hope the Flyers will wipe them out quickly in the first round.

Pelle31
Pelle31

April 3rd, 2012, 2:39 pm #4

That would have been a good post April 1st

Freak
Freak

April 3rd, 2012, 4:06 pm #5

What a bunch of morons.....they slammed Milbury and his "70's" view. They said Cindy is not dirty, or a cry baby. They went on to say that the two handed cross check to Crybaby was a suspendable action, and they were disappointed that the league did not suspend Schenn. They even said that Philly is trying to bring the 70's back, as it is the only way they know how to win....!?!?!

They said that the Pens are going to crush the Flyers in the first round, and that Philly is subpar compared to the Pens.

They also mentioned Rinaldo being cheap, and how he should look at the example set by Cooke....yes, Matt Cooke.

The local media is a joke, and this just proves it more.

Pitts
Pitts

April 3rd, 2012, 4:12 pm #6

Oh, no ... he's wasn't pandering to the audience. lol

Greg
Greg

April 3rd, 2012, 4:39 pm #7

Cindy sure goes down easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihs9a1N0 ... ata_player

Icer
Icer

April 3rd, 2012, 4:40 pm #8

What a bunch of morons.....they slammed Milbury and his "70's" view. They said Cindy is not dirty, or a cry baby. They went on to say that the two handed cross check to Crybaby was a suspendable action, and they were disappointed that the league did not suspend Schenn. They even said that Philly is trying to bring the 70's back, as it is the only way they know how to win....!?!?!

They said that the Pens are going to crush the Flyers in the first round, and that Philly is subpar compared to the Pens.

They also mentioned Rinaldo being cheap, and how he should look at the example set by Cooke....yes, Matt Cooke.

The local media is a joke, and this just proves it more.
while the Flyers fans have been lamenting the lack of toughness and retaliation on this team....

Who was it that put their top 3 fighters on the ice for the last shift?

I wonder what they see in the rule book that makes Schenn's shove in the shoulders suspendable, but kneeing, head punches, 2 handed slashes are not?

The only way they know how to win - they were winning 6-3, and ignoring all the cheap shots when Blysma sent out his fighting line. Sounds like they won by playing hockey, something Pittsburgh couldn't do.

Freak
Freak

April 3rd, 2012, 5:00 pm #9

I agree...the Vancouver media thinks the Flyers is still BIG = GOOD mode.

They were also in shock as to how Milbury could bad mouth Crybaby.

Freak
Freak

April 3rd, 2012, 5:07 pm #10

Oh, no ... he's wasn't pandering to the audience. lol
Crybaby can be a great player, but he gets stuck in "pouty lip" mode, and is an embarrassment to watch when he slips into that mode. He gives out the cheap shots, and then crys when they hit back.

I can't stand that and it seems like he whines more since he came back.

Confirmation of reply: