AO not going to all star game

Pelle31
Pelle31

January 24th, 2012, 7:33 pm #1

Well he is suspended........lol

OutL
OutL

January 24th, 2012, 8:04 pm #2

Will the league accept his being on suspension as a legitimate reason for him not playing or will it come down on him with even more time off like they gave Lidstrom and Datsyuk for saying thanks but no thanks?

Was the suspension deserved? I watched that game and he didn't get whistled on the play but the NBC replays showed he left his feet (if ever so slightly but up is up) and his forearm smashed Michalek's head into the glass.

Outs

Freak
Freak

January 24th, 2012, 9:37 pm #3

This is his third suspension for dirty play. Had to get 3 games.

The all star game he could have played in. That was his choice to skip it.

Icer
Icer

January 24th, 2012, 10:03 pm #4

Since Shanny has made it very clear that previous suspension are a big part of the number of games handed out, how does a guy with 2 previous offenses get only 3 games for leaving his feet to drive a guy's head into the boards with his elbow?

I saw the hit, it wasn't the worst I've ever seen but it was incredibly dangerous, and absoulutely uncalled for. A suspension was no doubt warranted - even the Washington biased announcers mentioned the liklihood. But had it been a not-STAR, it would have been at least 10.

That game was full of cheap head shots. It's not helping, they've almost got to start calling and/or suspending every head shot until these players get it. And teams like Boston and Pitt, who have every player leading hits with high elbows, need to be warned, coaches suspended, something. This game is going to be severely damaged by either a lawsuit or severe injury or death if something doesn't change soon.

ABQ Flyer
ABQ Flyer

January 25th, 2012, 12:45 am #5

Well he is suspended........lol
Is the NHL sh*tting its pants because its two most marketed stars won't be playing in the All-Star Game?

Yeah, there's more to the NHL than just Crosby and Ovechkin, but it can't be good to have your two biggest names not playing in a showcase event.

Rob

Confirmation of reply: