Anyone interested in Tootoo?

Anyone interested in Tootoo?

Freak
Freak

June 16th, 2012, 3:54 pm #1

He's UFA, an energy guy, and I would like to see the Flyers have a true energy/ bang line. We have more than enough scorers, we need some guys to just go out there and start hitting, and setting the tone. For the right price, I would be interested in having him on board.

MachoFlyer
MachoFlyer

June 16th, 2012, 5:11 pm #2

Showed this year he can score a bit as well

Loki
Loki

June 16th, 2012, 7:37 pm #3

He's UFA, an energy guy, and I would like to see the Flyers have a true energy/ bang line. We have more than enough scorers, we need some guys to just go out there and start hitting, and setting the tone. For the right price, I would be interested in having him on board.
One would think you'd have to be a pretty heavy drinker to get suspended by the NHL for alcohol.

And what's his next suspension going to be like if he falls off the wagon?

Is it worth it bringing a guy like that onto the team with all the young kids on the roster?

I'd have to think you could get a player a lot like him but without the baggage, and probably cheaper as well.

The Animal
The Animal

June 16th, 2012, 9:20 pm #4

People on this board like to complain about energy guys. For example Rinaldo, Carcillo, Eager and the list keeps going.

The Animal

ABQ Flyer
ABQ Flyer

June 16th, 2012, 11:14 pm #5

With Renaldo, Sestito, and Shelley already on the roster, it's hard to imagine paying Tootoo the $1.35M he made last year (if not a little more).

Also, if you're looking at $1.35M +, does he score enough to warrant a 3rd line role? I'm also a little put off by his career -26 on a team that plays defense first.

I understand what a player like him can bring, I just don't know that he fits on the Flyers roster right now.

Rob

Sedsey
Sedsey

June 17th, 2012, 4:31 am #6

As if Lava would sit precious figure skater Wellwood for a banging guy...

Tim55
Tim55

June 17th, 2012, 5:40 pm #7

Nm

Sedsey
Sedsey

June 18th, 2012, 7:42 pm #8

I wouldn't call one guy enough in that department. Give me a line like that and I'd be happier.

Freak
Freak

June 18th, 2012, 7:56 pm #9

To have a crash and bash line, that just goes out and hits, fights when it's called for, and pumps up the team would be awesome. It would remove some of the pressure on Rinaldo to do it all. Might make him less of a target for the league.

We all saw in the playoffs that we have more than enough firepower, and not enough guys to hit and make the other team pay.We need some guys that can just grind it out, and not worry about statistics or goals.

Brett
Brett

June 19th, 2012, 4:04 am #10

I remember reading about the brass talking to Rinaldo in season about trying to cut down on his hit everything that moves approach into just a handful of good ones per game. When you have one guy to do the fighting, agitating, standing up for your teammates, energy role...that's a lot to put on one guy, especially someone who was a rookie. One guy can be targeted by the opposition and just generally made ineffective by trying to do too much. When you have 2 or 3 players who do those things, they can just let the game come to them and take the big hits as they come, step to fights when it develops organically, and not take dumb penalties or get tossed from the game because they only have a couple of shifts a period to try and make something happen.

Confirmation of reply: