Alert the Media: Breezy STEALS one

Alert the Media: Breezy STEALS one

WCF
WCF

March 7th, 2012, 12:07 pm #1

Very nice game by what appears to be the #1 goaltender on this team. Without a doubt, this was a steal as we were outplayed by a large margin and it's a pleasure to win one because of the goalie and not despite him. If, by the miracle of Rasputin, he gets on a roll, we have a shot in every game, no matter who we play.

On the flip side, the injury hex continues and I'm not sure how they can survive for long with all these missing: Pronger, JVR, Kimmo, Mez, Ugly Jacob, Jagr, and a clearly injured G (he has a hand injury and can't take faceoffs).

Lastly, the hit heard round the NHL. While it appears the hit on Ugly may not have been overtly dirty, the force and nature of it was intent to injure, but lack of response from this team was very disturbing. Yes, if this was reversed and it was a Flyer doing the deed, league action would be a gimme. Been that way for a LONG time and the Flyer double-standard is alive and well, but when you have a teammate who is badly injured, regardless of the play, I expect a physical response from my team just out of respect for eachother. Really sad how this team has become the wimps of the NHL.

Outland
Outland

March 7th, 2012, 1:06 pm #2

He stole the Caps game as well. Lost a 1-0 heartbreaker in San Jose. Was tough in the NYI when the game was still close.

What turned the tide? Perhaps the fact that he was getting the amount of playing time like he was used to. When given the same heavy work load he had during his Coyote days, his response has been positive.

He's still not perfect and never will be but he's been looking quicker & more confident. I'm sure he's going to have more bad moments but they have gotten fewer and fewer.

Outs

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

March 7th, 2012, 2:45 pm #3

Very nice game by what appears to be the #1 goaltender on this team. Without a doubt, this was a steal as we were outplayed by a large margin and it's a pleasure to win one because of the goalie and not despite him. If, by the miracle of Rasputin, he gets on a roll, we have a shot in every game, no matter who we play.

On the flip side, the injury hex continues and I'm not sure how they can survive for long with all these missing: Pronger, JVR, Kimmo, Mez, Ugly Jacob, Jagr, and a clearly injured G (he has a hand injury and can't take faceoffs).

Lastly, the hit heard round the NHL. While it appears the hit on Ugly may not have been overtly dirty, the force and nature of it was intent to injure, but lack of response from this team was very disturbing. Yes, if this was reversed and it was a Flyer doing the deed, league action would be a gimme. Been that way for a LONG time and the Flyer double-standard is alive and well, but when you have a teammate who is badly injured, regardless of the play, I expect a physical response from my team just out of respect for eachother. Really sad how this team has become the wimps of the NHL.
I just didn't realize they had that many out. That being said I thought the legs were not going tonight and the lack of a physical game against an opponent who does not like the physical game can not be stressed enough. I thought our two new d-men played physical and I loved the hit on Zetterburg by Grossman but beyond that there wasn't much of a desire to slow the Wings down or to skate with them. The shots advantage was indicative of that 39-23 and 37-14 after the first!! YIKES! Yet it seems the Flyers were proud of their effort??? They should be proud of Ilya's effort!! Ilya pulled a Roman Cechmanek there at one point coming out of his crease and slapping his stick repeatedly on the ice when the Flyers started running around in their own end and just after Simmons made a really stupid pass right to a Red Wing. I really wish Briere would focus more on his game rather than Ilyas his comments in the press about the leadership meeting and some of what was said were inflammatory at best. Also listen to what he had to say about the lack of a response from the Flyers after Voracek got nailed pathetic if you ask me. I don't give a phuck what the score is go grab a Red Wing and phucking drill him!!! Here is the link but it is not the video that opens it is the one titled "Flyers react to the hit"

fff

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

March 7th, 2012, 2:49 pm #4

Pelle31
Pelle31

March 7th, 2012, 3:49 pm #5

He has been very good the last few games. I would say beyond that but n those he gave up some head scrathers. It seems he was working himself out of his funk and Mr universe has been shown the light that he has to be more on the planet. That talk seemed to have worked it seems

Outland
Outland

March 7th, 2012, 4:45 pm #6

That gives too much credit to a guy who spoke about what goes on behind closed doors to the media and not enough credit for a nice turnaround to the man himself. Bryz did the work to do that.

I think Briere was in the wrong & should get his own house in order before acting in that manner. Him and Timonen seem to think leadership is talking about things to the media when it's nobody's business but the teams. I think they're sadly mistaken.

Outs

Icer
Icer

March 7th, 2012, 5:32 pm #7

something I've noticed this year, and I can't figure out why - The Flyers have been winning a lot of games where they are outshot, and losing many when they outshoot.

my normal attempt at applying deductive reasoning to everything is just making my head hurt on this one

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

March 7th, 2012, 5:58 pm #8

That gives too much credit to a guy who spoke about what goes on behind closed doors to the media and not enough credit for a nice turnaround to the man himself. Bryz did the work to do that.

I think Briere was in the wrong & should get his own house in order before acting in that manner. Him and Timonen seem to think leadership is talking about things to the media when it's nobody's business but the teams. I think they're sadly mistaken.

Outs
When we can agree on things twice in a 24hr period. I was miffed as well at Mr. Briere for yapping off about what was said behind closed doors or even that there was closed doors period!! Has Danny scored a goal this yr yet?? Has he hit 30 pts yet? Shut the phuck up and do your job before you go pointing fingers at someone else. OK maybe the chat was needed but the publicity wasn't!!! Ilya should get all the credit!

fff

Pelle31
Pelle31

March 7th, 2012, 7:10 pm #9

Outs
I have never heard briere or kimmo being bad teammates....it has nothing to do with their p!lay.
They may have been right since then he talks more about how the team played instead of himself. He deflects those questions now.

So yes the talk worked it seems as he is playing much better

OutL
OutL

March 7th, 2012, 7:35 pm #10

For Briere to say he's a good teammate now insinuated he wasn't a good teammate before. That was wrong. Briere has since said he didn't mean it like that but it was spoken like that and it left a lot to be desired. Like I said, it was an issue that didn't belong in the media.

You've locked in on the word teammate. I never said that Briere or Timonen were bad teammates but I did say they both have said things to guys with microphones and notepads about team matters that they really shouldn't be saying. I called out that style of leadership.

I believe that while the spoken word can inspire it also can do only so much. I can tell you / ask you to be better at your job but if you don't put in the effort it ain't going to happen. I don't think you are being fair to Bryzgalov and the work he's done to hone his craft.

Outs

Confirmation of reply: