A straight shooter wins the Fairy Dance

A straight shooter wins the Fairy Dance

Sedsey
Sedsey

March 23rd, 2012, 1:51 am #1

Nice to see some positives for Simmonds.

Nice hits by Read and Talbot. Johansson should be stiff for facing the Jets tomorrow night.

They clamped down in the third and OT, which is good, but the level still needs lifting.

I can live with these problems as they are. As Pelle just mentioned today, you can say they are a far cry from the Party Boy days of apathetic losses. Mistakes and spotty play will happen, but I never question the desire to win. We'd surely like to see more aggression and force of will, and that's up the veterans to lead.

Another Bryzgalov night.

faithfullyflyers
faithfullyflyers

March 23rd, 2012, 5:22 am #2

our vets are pussies. Kimmo, Briere, Coburn, Carle, etc.

fff

Icer
Icer

March 23rd, 2012, 4:12 pm #3

Nice hits by Read and Talbot. Johansson should be stiff for facing the Jets tomorrow night.

They clamped down in the third and OT, which is good, but the level still needs lifting.

I can live with these problems as they are. As Pelle just mentioned today, you can say they are a far cry from the Party Boy days of apathetic losses. Mistakes and spotty play will happen, but I never question the desire to win. We'd surely like to see more aggression and force of will, and that's up the veterans to lead.

Another Bryzgalov night.
we know this team isn't perfect. It's doubtful anyone picks them as cup favorites this year. So looking at the faults against that barometer, the kids are alright. when they make mistakes, like coming out flat, they work very hard at correcting them, like dominating late. That's a good attitude for playoffs.

Icer
Icer

March 23rd, 2012, 4:40 pm #4

Another Bryzgalov night.
At the start of the shootout, my thought was "please, no simmonds". Then watching how Read scored on a 5 hole, and seeing Holtby open the 5 hole with the stick heel, not blade, on the ice, while Giroux and Briere ignored it, I was glad to see one trick Simmonds line up. Turns out Read pointed it out to Simmonds before he went on the ice.

Does the coach have to pick all the shooters at the start, or just the first 3?

Lovin' that Read, a rookie giving good, game winning shootout tips.

CaliFlyer
CaliFlyer

March 23rd, 2012, 5:22 pm #5

The rules don't say, other than the initial three. Maybe it's up to ref's discretion? Or it's 3 and then put out whoever after that.

CaliFlyer
CaliFlyer

March 23rd, 2012, 5:23 pm #6

At the start of the shootout, my thought was "please, no simmonds". Then watching how Read scored on a 5 hole, and seeing Holtby open the 5 hole with the stick heel, not blade, on the ice, while Giroux and Briere ignored it, I was glad to see one trick Simmonds line up. Turns out Read pointed it out to Simmonds before he went on the ice.

Does the coach have to pick all the shooters at the start, or just the first 3?

Lovin' that Read, a rookie giving good, game winning shootout tips.
The rules don't say, other than the initial three. Maybe it's up to ref's discretion? Or it's 3 and then put out whoever after that.

Confirmation of reply: