High Idle

March 16th, 2015, 3:55 am #1

Hey Guys,

Purchased a fj20 car yesterday to add to my growing collection.. Car has a mixture of really good parts and some not so good. When the car arrived it wouldn't fire.. I found a broken TPS wire and a dizzy wire broken aswell. Have now got the car running however once up to temp it idles at 3500 rpm.. I am on a hunt for a usb/serial adapter so I can get into the ECU to have a look (Haltec) Just wondering if anyone has some other ideas on what to check..

Obvious ones to me are missing vacuum lines , Cracked Plenum , some form of airleak .. Map Sensor and TPS..

???

Cheers

March 23rd, 2015, 11:22 pm #2

Have you checked the idle adjust screw on the throttle body?

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 4th, 2015, 11:11 am #3

Hey Guys,

Purchased a fj20 car yesterday to add to my growing collection.. Car has a mixture of really good parts and some not so good. When the car arrived it wouldn't fire.. I found a broken TPS wire and a dizzy wire broken aswell. Have now got the car running however once up to temp it idles at 3500 rpm.. I am on a hunt for a usb/serial adapter so I can get into the ECU to have a look (Haltec) Just wondering if anyone has some other ideas on what to check..

Obvious ones to me are missing vacuum lines , Cracked Plenum , some form of airleak .. Map Sensor and TPS..

???

Cheers
Id be checking for vacuum leaks before anything else. Ive had the inlet manifold gasket leak before because I didnt refit the brace under the manifold that goes down to the block