HELP! MAF PROBLEM

January 12th, 2016, 10:48 am #1

Hey guys! I'm kind of new to the forum but my name is Jimmy and I currently living in Japan. Nice to meet ya'll.

But this is not why I'm here. I am in a dire need of an fj02et MAF/AFM for my 1985 dr30 skyline. It happened a while ago and I've been driving my friend's car for a while since he went to visit family for a few weeks.

Do you know of anyone who is selling a MAF/AFM or which ones could be compatible with the fj20? i was thinking that the sr20 would work but you would need a completely new wiring harness set-up but i really don't have time for that right now.
Any aftermarket MAF/AFM's will do as long as i can get my car running. I just ask if you can send the url so i can get it online.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 14th, 2016, 6:44 am #2

whats wrong with the one you have?

January 17th, 2016, 6:26 am #3

Hey guys! I'm kind of new to the forum but my name is Jimmy and I currently living in Japan. Nice to meet ya'll.

But this is not why I'm here. I am in a dire need of an fj02et MAF/AFM for my 1985 dr30 skyline. It happened a while ago and I've been driving my friend's car for a while since he went to visit family for a few weeks.

Do you know of anyone who is selling a MAF/AFM or which ones could be compatible with the fj20? i was thinking that the sr20 would work but you would need a completely new wiring harness set-up but i really don't have time for that right now.
Any aftermarket MAF/AFM's will do as long as i can get my car running. I just ask if you can send the url so i can get it online.

Thanks!
I didn't get a voltage reading when a buddy of mine and I tried testing it. we tried checking some other things like the timing and the plugs (simple stuff). But we came to the conclusion that it's done for. Also, when i tried driving it last time, it would puff out more black smoke than a coal train. we were thinking it would be the ecu but not really sure in this case..