Moderator: chasthor

Rebores/crank rebuilds/two stroke tuning

vantage1e
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
vantage1e
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

April 13th, 2012, 8:11 pm #1

First off thanks Andy for letting put this up

Just to let you all know I'm offering a Rebores,Crank shaft rebuilds,and two stroke tuning My Name is Karl plant and I've been tuning modifying two stroke motors since the age of fifteen when i got my first Fizzy Happy days, Now with over 25yrs tuning experience. I've been reboring cylinders and rebuilding crankshafts since the age of 17 and have covered cranks from our beloved single cylinder fs1e to twins like the Yamaha tz250-350 and Honda ns400's Suzuki Gt triples and all manner of 4 strokes eg Classic K4 Honda's Ducati's etc
On the tuning I've done road bikes like Fizzys,yb's,tzr's,rgv's,rd's,lc's,NSr's to name a few moto cross cr's,yz's,rm's etc but mainly road racer's like Honda rs125',250's Yamaha tz's and have won many Championships and races at club and national level. I'm based nr Chester Cheshire just off the M56 Motorway and can be contacted on Tel-07508606418 or email karlplant@rocketmail.com or contact@kpmotosolutions.com thanks

Reboring service for all motorcycles 2stroke and four stroke with 10% off for forum members.
Rebores are carried out using an SPS MINI BAR specially designed for motorcycle cylinders which caters for 35mm-87mm bore sizes bores are then precision honed to give the correct clearances using delapena hones also ports are radiused and exhaust briges relived where necessary then the cylinder are thoroughly cleaned ready for fitting to your engine.
PRICES PER CYLINDER £20 including honing and port radiusing
exhaust bridge reliving +£5
and no additional charge if you want to supply your own pistons

I specialize in performance racing, road and classic press together cranks 2t & 4t below prices are for 2t cranks for four stroke crank rebuilds please call for pricing with 10% for forum members.
single cylinder £20 + parts
twin cylinders £40+ parts
triple cylinder £60+ parts
TWO STROKE TUNING
All cylinder porting is designed to suit application be it road race or moto x for example and to suit customer/riders needs/styles also by the limitations set by the manufactures eg piston rings gearbox ratios crank and bearings.

CYLINDER HEAD MACHINING
Cylinder heads are designed and setup for specific fuel types i.e unleaded Avgas etc giving optimum squish area clearance and performance without detonation.

THREAD REPAIRS
Helicoils sizes metric
M5x0.8
M6x1.0
M10x1.25 spark plug
M12x1.25 spark plug
M14x1.25 spark plug
Time-serts sizes metric
M6x1.0
M8x1.25
M14x1.25 spark plug

MARK G
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
MARK G
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

April 13th, 2012, 8:16 pm #2

sounds good karl
RACCOON 2 STROKE REBUILDS
... NOW AWARD WINNING ENGINE BUILDER...
...THE UK,S FIRST 70CC 80+ MPH AIR COOLED FIZZ MOTOR...
2 STROKE ENGINE AND REFURB SERVICE, ZINC PLATING , STOVE ENAMELING , ALLOY POLISHING , TUNING

IF YOU DONT FANCY DOING IT YOURSELF GIVE ME A CALL OR PM MOBILE 07719931029
www.raccoon2strokerebuilds.co.uk

FizzyDoctor
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
FizzyDoctor
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

April 13th, 2012, 8:26 pm #3

Karl has done re bores and rebuilt cranks for my engines and I would recommend him to anyone

A good quality job at a reasonable price

Wires in a mess? Need some help? Visit www.fizzydoctor.com
http://www.facebook.com/FizzyDoctor

Tizzer
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
Tizzer
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

April 13th, 2012, 9:09 pm #4

sounds good Karl... what can you do for a 350 ypvs ?

vantage1e
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
vantage1e
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

April 13th, 2012, 10:41 pm #5

I cut my teeth on those motors Dave, i used to work for a bike shop up by Dugdale motors who had a long history in road racing and one of the first Yamaha dealers in the uk sponsoring the likes of Charlie Williams and Eddie Roberts who had a lot success at the Manx GP and the TT, alan Dugdales son Ian started racing in 1987 with a Maxton framed tz which was adapted to fit a f2 350 ypvs so cylinders were sent to all the top 2t tuners of the day Terry Shepard,Terry Becket,Stan Stephens and Bill Ingham and they all worked very well and the motor had a tz crank gearbox and dry clutch we changed the std crank because it couldn't handle the HP the motor was producing it used to spread and brake rods anyway the up shot of it all was after looking and measuring the cylinders heads pipes etc i thought i could improve on the work that had already been done think this is how most tuners get started so modified the best set of cylinders tuned by Terry Beckett heads etc the result was it won many championships and set lap and race records at the likes of Oulton park Aintree Darley moor, sorry for the long winded answer Dave yes there's much that can be done with the ypvs motors their very tunable porting setting up the heads with better squish and compression reed valve mods the list is endless

vantage1e
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
vantage1e
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

April 15th, 2012, 7:35 pm #6

Just thought I'd add some rebore pics this ones an RD250D and before and after shots

vantage1e
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
vantage1e
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

April 15th, 2012, 8:05 pm #7

And these are fizzy before and after

this ones after boring but before honing and port radiusing

and after honing and port radiusing

This pics a bit blurry but it shows the nice cross hatch honing

Fs1eweb
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
Fs1eweb
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

April 15th, 2012, 8:17 pm #8

Nice pics!

Am pinning........
Site Trainee Cook and Bottle Washer (YOP) and deluded power crazed individual
Helping the FS1E 6,500 perfect their appetite for a Mid Life Crisis since 2004!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brighton 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12
Brighton 2013 (Bring it ON!)

vantage1e
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
vantage1e
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

April 15th, 2012, 8:52 pm #9

Very much appreciated

Tizzer
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
Tizzer
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

April 16th, 2012, 12:24 pm #10

vantage1e wrote:I cut my teeth on those motors Dave, i used to work for a bike shop up by Dugdale motors who had a long history in road racing and one of the first Yamaha dealers in the uk sponsoring the likes of Charlie Williams and Eddie Roberts who had a lot success at the Manx GP and the TT, alan Dugdales son Ian started racing in 1987 with a Maxton framed tz which was adapted to fit a f2 350 ypvs so cylinders were sent to all the top 2t tuners of the day Terry Shepard,Terry Becket,Stan Stephens and Bill Ingham and they all worked very well and the motor had a tz crank gearbox and dry clutch we changed the std crank because it couldn't handle the HP the motor was producing it used to spread and brake rods anyway the up shot of it all was after looking and measuring the cylinders heads pipes etc i thought i could improve on the work that had already been done think this is how most tuners get started so modified the best set of cylinders tuned by Terry Beckett heads etc the result was it won many championships and set lap and race records at the likes of Oulton park Aintree Darley moor, sorry for the long winded answer Dave yes there's much that can be done with the ypvs motors their very tunable porting setting up the heads with better squish and compression reed valve mods the list is endless
Sounds like you have had some great fun with two strokes over the years karl... I will pm you soon about my special 350 motor....

like you... over the years I have been involved with lots of 400,s and 350 lc's, most of them were production race tuned, usually either by stan stephens or terry beckett, I have also found ways to improve the reliability and performance a little bit... it seems that the crank is often the weakest component when you get to over 60hp.... most proddy race tuned bikes go to well over 70bhp and like you say something moves on the crank and a conrod goes sometimes leaving a big hole in the bottom of the crankcase anyway I digress, the 350 motor that I have is supposed to be good to go so that will do to get the bike up and running.... after that lets have a little chat