Moderator: chasthor

Not an Epic Journey as such but .....

viggyfizzy
The 65mph Club Member
viggyfizzy
The 65mph Club Member

March 9th, 2014, 6:52 pm #1

...... a landmark outing for me so I hope you don't mind me posting this here. Having sorted out the needle valve/float issue I had a first proper run, accompanied with a friend on his CBR600 with a helmet cam. For info it's a Polaroid XS100 and the results look as good as a Go-Pro HD but for just £100. Photobucket seems to ruin the resolution though so I can't demonstrate, but I've seen it at full res and and at that price I think I'll get one. The only issue with it is the output is .MOV which means a lengthy conversion to MP4 before you can edit/view footage in WMP, MovieMaker etc.

So the engine now has 60 miles on it but feels like it's loosened up nicely. This may sound incredulous but I had an indicated 54mph on a flat part of the A41, although it was breezy and I concede there was almost certainly a slight tail wind on that run, but it wouldn't have been much as it was breezy rather than windy.

In Jezza's words, 'play the tape'

djsquires
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
djsquires
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

March 9th, 2014, 7:10 pm #2

THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOO COOL!!
MID LIFE CRISIS!!!

albies4
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
albies4
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

March 9th, 2014, 7:30 pm #3

Nice one. I might have to show that to my mates... Looked very fast for a fizzy

Mikew
The 65mph Club Member
Mikew
The 65mph Club Member

March 9th, 2014, 10:25 pm #4

That looks and sounds great but what about running the bike in

Useful info about the camera, I've been looking for a cheaper alternative to the GoPro, maybe try loading to YouTube to get better results ?

viggyfizzy
The 65mph Club Member
viggyfizzy
The 65mph Club Member

March 10th, 2014, 10:18 am #5

I've literally no idea about running in revs or period. Any advice appreciated. So far I've adopted the 'Italian Tune Up' method, but being of Italian decent I'm allowed to

I've now put the video on YouTube, do a search for FS1E vs CBR600, should come up. For some reason the first 10 secs on YouTube are low res then it switches to HD. Camera wise it won't be as robust as a Go-Pro but as long as you look after it it should last a couple of years, which is all you want seeing as the technology moves so quickly anyway. It comes with two mounts also. I've not done a search yet on Amazon etc for pricing, will do at some point. For conversion from MOV to MP4 I used Handbrake which works well and not too slow either.

I terms of my (in)famous 54mph, it was genuine on the clock but clearly I need to do a 2-way run and see what the real av. is, maybe using satnav to confirm

Mikew
The 65mph Club Member
Mikew
The 65mph Club Member

March 11th, 2014, 10:25 pm #6

It does look good and at £109.99 on amazon plus a memory card and being waterproof is not bad. Had a look on YouTube (a few times) and can't be bad for the price.

Very tempting and to give my Fizz a beating up to 54 mph (I wish) , cheers