Moderator: chasthor

Modern Fizzy Riding 16yr Old

fatbaldbob
Fizzy Nut
fatbaldbob
Fizzy Nut

9:10 PM - Aug 17, 2007 #1

As you already know I recently handed over my 76 DX to my 16yr old son and thought you may be interested in his recent exploits.

I went to a weekend bike rally recently (on my trike) at approx midnight I recieved a call from my wife that the boy was just leaving to join me onboard the DX along with his moped riding mate on a chinese scooter. The rally was only fifty miles away but at midnight in the rain not that clever I thought.

1240 am phone rings, I need petrol! go to petrol station says I, at petrol station but kiosk is shut and pumps only take cards, got no card only cash. What do you want me to do about it I've just drunk a gallon of guinness so can't come to you? Bystander overhears conversation an tells me alternative station that will be open, I pass on details to boy and carry on drinking. :rolleyes:

1250 am phone rings, police have stopped me, why, want to know where we are going at this time of night, what did you tell them, camping says he, why so late says copper, to avoid traffic says boy. Is that it says I, yes he says. :lol:

0100 am phone rings, got petrol but off planned route I'm lost! what do you want me to do about it I've just drunk a gallon & quarter of guinness? try to explain route to him and carry on drinking. <_<

0210 am phone rings, we're lost, whats keeping you says I, DX lights are crap can't see nothing and I'm having to follow mate on scooter who can only go 30 but got brill headlight. Where are you? don't know thats why I'm lost. Eventually worked out where he was and gave directions to rally site. <_<

0300 am unmistakeable sound of approaching fizzy :rolleyes: , arrives on site no one on the gate so gets in for nothing and proceeds to drink remainder of my guinness. Wearing trainers and jeans (as we all did) despite me having brought him proper gear. Where's your sleeping bags, didn't bring any, tent? On the scooter will put it up in morning. Pair share my tent for the evening.

Next day: Can I have money, why? got no 2 stroke, I brought you a litre 2 days ago, musn't have put the lid on right it's actually all on the garage floor. We take a ride out and buy some oil.

Proceed to put their tent up but bin it in disgust, whats up? Just realised that the last time it was used my mate was sick in it, we didn't clean it up and just packed the tent away, when was that, about 2 years ago they reply. :lol: Another night with me then.

Later that night a call goes out for those interested in seeing the exotic / erotic dancers. Thats for me say youths, aha says I as you blagged your way in for free you have no armband and will therefore not gain admitance! Nor are you over 18. See you later says I and off to the show I went. Just opening a can as boys appear next to me, how did you get in? just sort of waved our arms as though to show armbands and got carried through with the crowd says they. Show over and more of my beer gone we return to the over crowded tent where my discarded clothes are quickly taken from be as blankets for yoofs as I climb into my sleeping bag.

The following morning after eating my breakfast they get ready to leave the site, as they leave the field scooter boy manages to hook someones tent on his main stand and despite much shouting manages to tow it all the way to the gate, does he then fold it up and return it? no he turns it around and tows it all the way back to unamused owner.

Having packed up I leave the site about half an hour later. Some time down the road I pass his mate on the scooter but no sign of the DX, two miles further up the road I can smell it and there he is, I sit behind him and it's holding a steady 45, I'm well impressed. I wave goodbye and leave them to it.

When I got home he wasn't that long behind me and had made it back in an hour and a half.

The first of many adventures on the DX, I'm sure :lol:

rdchair
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
rdchair
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

5:18 PM - Aug 19, 2007 #2

brilliant... keep it going ,a sort of retro diary

tommo32
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
tommo32
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

6:46 PM - Aug 19, 2007 #3

hahahahahahahaha. I remember setting off to doncaster on the DT at about 9pm in the pissing rain last october. we ended up sleeping in a barn, lit a fire. the next day on the trial we broke the front axle out of the trialler and rolled me mates range rover on its roof at 30mph. One of the worst yet most exhilerating weekends of my life.
...Dyna with the black mags...

gregs656
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
gregs656
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

5:11 PM - Aug 26, 2007 #4

haha sounds like a tidy little adventure, at least he had lights.

50 miles at night in the rain is a tidy hack for a fizzy, respect
The Hunt Is Over . . . FHV 124V

ChazEverest
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
ChazEverest
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

3:48 PM - Sep 05, 2007 #5

hahahahahaha, especially the towing the tent bit. I laughed out loud and everyone at work looked at me to see what I was laughing at. Brilliant.

Love the way he left his Chinese scooter mate behind, if it's a 4 stroke (which most are) he's lucky if he gets 35 out of it. Chinese scooter guy should've got a Fizz.

hazel
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
hazel
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

1:12 PM - Sep 06, 2007 #6

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brilliant Story

Drumbrake
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
Drumbrake
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

6:19 PM - Sep 09, 2007 #7

ChazEverest wrote: hahahahahaha, especially the towing the tent bit. I laughed out loud and everyone at work looked at me to see what I was laughing at. Brilliant.

Love the way he left his Chinese scooter mate behind, if it's a 4 stroke (which most are) he's lucky if he gets 35 out of it. Chinese scooter guy should've got a Fizz.
I did my cbt on a 4 stroke chinese heap of crap......my god it was so slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. I got 25 out of it, and i was thrashing it as well, the instructor didnt seem to mind though....he was on a XJR1300, thought i was going slow!
The oldun's are the best'uns.........usually

sp885
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
sp885
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

5:57 AM - Sep 26, 2007 #8

Great story, what a laugh
77 FS1E-DX

82 RD 350 LC

Still looking for my original DX - SDC 167R - Where are you?

Support Van Driver, Brighton 2012

ChazEverest
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
ChazEverest
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

10:20 PM - Nov 09, 2007 #9

Drumbrake wrote:
ChazEverest wrote: hahahahahaha, especially the towing the tent bit.  I laughed out loud and everyone at work looked at me to see what I was laughing at.  Brilliant. 

Love the way he left his Chinese scooter mate behind, if it's a 4 stroke (which most are) he's lucky if he gets 35 out of it.  Chinese scooter guy should've got a Fizz.
I did my cbt on a 4 stroke chinese heap of crap......my god it was so slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. I got 25 out of it, and i was thrashing it as well, the instructor didnt seem to mind though....he was on a XJR1300, thought i was going slow!
Hey over here (USA) they have Yamaha Zuma scooters, made in Taiwan.
The quality is actually much better than the mainland China scoots.
I just tuned the bollox off of one for a m8 who got banned from driving.
You don't need any license, insurance, inspection or number plates for a moped.
15 years old and a helmet, that's it. A moped is the same as in England sloped/noped, but also must be automatic so scooters are the most popular choice.

Anyway, I digress, I just put on an Athena 72cc cylinder and head, Athena crank with 12mm gudgeon pin, 21mm Del Orto carb, carbon fibre reeds, 4.5 gram weights in the variator, and stronger clutch springs in the (so the clutch engages when the engine is in the powerband) and Athena final drive gearing oh and a K&N filter along with a leo Vince ZX expansion chamber (of course the carb was rejetted for the K&N. Result almost 65mph and it's now hitting a wall. The standard CDI starts retarding the ignition timing at 8500rpm or so. I am going to put a Malossi unit on it which will give it its' full head, about 13000rpm and 75mph.

Mycallhill
The 65mph Club Member
Mycallhill
The 65mph Club Member

7:31 AM - Jan 17, 2014 #10

Excellent story;really enjoyed it;father and son bonding!