Moderator: chasthor

techno6fs1e
The 65mph Club Member
techno6fs1e
The 65mph Club Member

August 12th, 2011, 3:59 am #11

My fizz is a real one 1976 DX moped with pedals and looks as it should be, standard 16mm carb . My RZ50 49cc watercooled did 70mph at the weekend

jobby
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
jobby
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

August 12th, 2011, 3:13 pm #12

techno6fs1e wrote:
FizzyDoctor wrote:
techno6fs1e wrote:A standard pipe is best as fitted to my 76 DX
Jim is right, I followed him for a few miles at Uttoxeter this year and at times he was doing 45mph
Ha LOL I get 52mph in 3rd gear ask Jobby as I said a standard pipe gets my DX over 60mph no problem
you had to do it twice though just to rub salt in me wounds nothing worse when your flat out in top and jim comes past in 3rd the changes in to top i could have booted him in the hedge

albies4
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
albies4
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

August 12th, 2011, 4:22 pm #13

rodger dockett wrote:find a steel or copper tube the same diam as the baffle, cut it to the same lenth of the stock baffle ,, put it up the stock pipe and run a screw up till it holds the tube in place.
up jet to a 160 main . take the air filter out ..
we call this a power stick .
It will give you better power than most all the micron or allspeeds type pipes ,, lots of over rev in each gear and look stock
The pipe will act like a stinger from the last baffle plate ,, rev rev rev ... will love to be thrashed
DONT WORK WITH THE EURO 30MPH BIKES THAT HAD THE BAFFLE PLATES ,,3 OF THEM FIXED TO THE BAFFLE .. but who has one of them?????
Blimey I did that mod 33 years ago and my brother couldn't believe the differance. It was like and expansion chamber. I have been told though that you should NOT use copper pipe as it emits poisenous gases but what did I know then or now even.

techno6fs1e
The 65mph Club Member
techno6fs1e
The 65mph Club Member

August 12th, 2011, 5:32 pm #14

jobby wrote:
techno6fs1e wrote:
FizzyDoctor wrote:
Jim is right, I followed him for a few miles at Uttoxeter this year and at times he was doing 45mph
Ha LOL I get 52mph in 3rd gear ask Jobby as I said a standard pipe gets my DX over 60mph no problem
you had to do it twice though just to rub salt in me wounds nothing worse when your flat out in top and jim comes past in 3rd the changes in to top i could have booted him in the hedge
Hows the big bore going Pete did you get a piston , you will have the fastest fizz on the island

jobby
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
jobby
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

August 12th, 2011, 5:41 pm #15

techno6fs1e wrote:
jobby wrote:
techno6fs1e wrote:
FizzyDoctor wrote:
Hows the big bore going Pete did you get a piston , you will have the fastest fizz on the island
all in hand jim

kingtut
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
kingtut
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

August 13th, 2011, 5:13 pm #16

Ding dang do, this pipe works with top secret mods Bodged it on, very crudely mounted! Had it for a while 36 in 2rd 52 in 3rd run out of road for a top speed figure and it revs like a banshee!

YB100 engined motorcycles cannot cure baldness, erectile dysfunction or grey hair.

kingtut
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
kingtut
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

August 13th, 2011, 5:58 pm #17

An original nos yamaha YG1 racing spanny
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/63-Yamaha-YG1-80 ... 5ae03883c0
YB100 engined motorcycles cannot cure baldness, erectile dysfunction or grey hair.

techno6fs1e
The 65mph Club Member
techno6fs1e
The 65mph Club Member

August 13th, 2011, 8:24 pm #18

kingtut wrote:Ding dang do, this pipe works with top secret mods Bodged it on, very crudely mounted! Had it for a while 36 in 2rd 52 in 3rd run out of road for a top speed figure and it revs like a banshee!

Must have the same top secret parts as my DX Alan but I dont need the spanny pipe to get 52mph in third and I can get 36 in 2nd but revs so high im afraid it will self destruct lol anyway glad its fast now we have to get a run when Nats done his bike

RD500MATT
The 65mph Club Member
RD500MATT
The 65mph Club Member

August 17th, 2011, 10:12 am #19

Fizzysteve and i reckon the old Fresco is the best old school pipe,hard to get now though,the allspeeds/microns just make alot of noise and lose torque(not that a std fizz has much..lol)if youre bikes std looking im with Techno fit a good std genuine pipe,if youve got a full on tuned motor thne i guess mick abbey/one of the other reputable exhaust fabricators can make one to your needs

thedubdoctor
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
thedubdoctor
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

October 30th, 2011, 9:18 pm #20

all id say is either grind out the long baffle from the standard pipe. or get a Mick Abbey pipe made ,but if you want a micron or an allspeed.i loved the noise of the allspeed,and it was 4mph faster than the micron i had fitted (sad ,i kept notes)
making sure you can see the light from the darkside,when all others eyes are closed to the glare