Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

January 3rd, 2016, 2:57 pm #1

Any events scheduled yet?

Angof
The 65mph Club Member
Angof
The 65mph Club Member

January 10th, 2016, 12:46 pm #2

There's rumour of a Dutch event. I know not the dates or location. Hopefully someone on here will be able to set me straight on that event. I am up for it.
Where is everyone? Have they moved onto an alternate fizzy site?
My moped days are numbered, boo hoo.

chasthor
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
chasthor
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

January 10th, 2016, 3:10 pm #3

There are no alternative fizzy sites. THIS, is THE FS1E site, anything else is a poor relation.
There is a site, where its members behave in a very juvenile manner. They have FS1E in their name, but that's about it.
There is another, who will charge you £10, to go onto a forum, quieter than this, and is run by someone, who is only just FS1E literate.

Then of course, is the third. As quiet as the second, costs nothing to join, and has absolutely no traffic at all.

So, to sum up, THIS is the Fs1e website, this site has more members than any of the others, this site has members contributing to fs1e and other matters on an adult level. This site will not charge you a penny, and is run by someone who cares.

Jasper Carrots Funky Moped
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

January 10th, 2016, 5:07 pm #4

chasthor wrote:There are no alternative fizzy sites. THIS, is THE FS1E site, anything else is a poor relation.
There is a site, where its members behave in a very juvenile manner. They have FS1E in their name, but that's about it.
There is another, who will charge you £10, to go onto a forum, quieter than this, and is run by someone, who is only just FS1E literate.

Then of course, is the third. As quiet as the second, costs nothing to join, and has absolutely no traffic at all.

So, to sum up, THIS is the Fs1e website, this site has more members than any of the others, this site has members contributing to fs1e and other matters on an adult level. This site will not charge you a penny, and is run by someone who cares.
Well said Chas

As for events! when I have finished my semi restoration I am going on an Island tour, feel free to join me

chasthor
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
chasthor
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

January 10th, 2016, 5:38 pm #5

Jasper Carrots Funky Moped wrote:
chasthor wrote:There are no alternative fizzy sites. THIS, is THE FS1E site, anything else is a poor relation.

Well said Chas

As for events! when I have finished my semi restoration I am going on an Island tour, feel free to join me
They don't sail out of Hull for Guernsey, otherwise, you know youre in danger of me joining you.

I might actually ride one of mine this year, on proper roads and stuff. They deserve it really, but then again, I might just get all the zinc work done.

I really need to talk with someone about this.

Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

January 10th, 2016, 6:42 pm #6

chasthor wrote:
Jasper Carrots Funky Moped wrote:

Well said Chas

They don't sail out of Hull for Guernsey, otherwise, you know youre in danger of me joining you.

I might actually ride one of mine this year, on proper roads and stuff. They deserve it really, but then again, I might just get all the zinc work done.

I really need to talk with someone about this.
It would be a long way to come, for the 30 minutes it takes to get around, that said you could bring all the stuff you need zinc plating as I'm sure my zinc plating workshop will be taking orders by then

Angof
The 65mph Club Member
Angof
The 65mph Club Member

January 10th, 2016, 10:05 pm #7

Ouch. No offence meant by my post, but I appear to have touched a raw nerve.
Thanks for the invaluable information, but you haven't answered the original question, though.
My moped days are numbered, boo hoo.

djsquires
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
djsquires
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

January 10th, 2016, 10:05 pm #8

We should have some kind of meet up this year even if it is a who's who event but preferably in the warmer months Oh & spot on Chas
MID LIFE CRISIS!!!

hwc704n
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
hwc704n
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

January 12th, 2016, 8:55 am #9

The original post was made to determine when I should try and schedule leave from work to attend any events this year. Bit disappointed that there aren't any to look forward to. This was the original fizzy site that gave me so much invaluable help from 2005 onwards in getting my resto completed but there seems to be no forthcoming gatherings to meet up. Pity, I may now need to look at alternative sites.

MLC
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
MLC
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

January 12th, 2016, 9:02 am #10

There is nothing stopping anybody organizing a meet up