Moderator: chasthor

ebay sellers

mark
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
mark
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

4:52 PM - Jun 24, 2018 #1

just a question to satisfy my curiosity, who do you people use most when buying parts off ebay and why ?

yellow dx
The 65mph Club Member
yellow dx
The 65mph Club Member

6:42 PM - Jun 24, 2018 #2

For my occasional purchases it would be whoever has the part I need at that moment in time, with decent feedback ratings, and selling for a competitive price.

For instance, I now need a B120 piston 0.25 o/s. Not many of them around so I'll consider anyone that's selling said item. For my B8HS plug there are lots of options so I'll go by price and feedback ;-)

By the way, does anyone know what the suffix is after the plug number? eg B8HS-10 or BH8S-15, what does the -10 or -15 mean? Thanks

RUD 870P are you out there?

Jasper Carrots Funky Moped
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

6:57 PM - Jun 24, 2018 #3

In my naive days it was the 2 well known fizzy ebayers with the occasional purchase from Per, but as time has gone and advise from here, it’s been mainly from Fowler’s.

But now it’s from whoever has the part I’m after and it’s generally a part that I can’t get from Fowler’s, don’t bother too much about their feedback as it’s all protected now, I’ve even bought a couple of things off you

mark
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
mark
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

7:09 PM - Jun 24, 2018 #4

Jasper Carrots Funky Moped wrote:In my naive days it was the 2 well known fizzy ebayers with the occasional purchase from Per, but as time has gone and advise from here, it’s been mainly from Fowler’s.

But now it’s from whoever has the part I’m after and it’s generally a part that I can’t get from Fowler’s, don’t bother too much about their feedback as it’s all protected now, I’ve even bought a couple of things off you
I know I used to do it as a part time entity years ago but life got in the way so knocked it on the head mostly, only things I pop on the bay now are stuff I will never use so don't mind if it sells or not ,, not like before when it was my bread and butter

Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

7:21 PM - Jun 24, 2018 #5

I’ve never sold anything only bought and have more stuff now than I need, I’d sooner give it away and help someone who is after something, you have even benefited from my generosity

mark
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
mark
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

7:32 PM - Jun 24, 2018 #6

Jasper Carrots Funky Moped wrote:I’ve never sold anything only bought and have more stuff now than I need, I’d sooner give it away and help someone who is after something, you have even benefited from my generosity
I have indeed benefitted from your generosity for which I was very grateful, over the years I have given lots of bits to people to help them out but I have very little left now apart from bits im keeping for my own bike
I will help most people if I can although I have had my generosity abused by a few over the years
but anyway the main reason I popped the question up in the first place was to try and generate some interest and for people to start posting on the forum

your turn to post a question now neil, if everybody asks a question then the site might become a bit more active again

Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

7:51 PM - Jun 24, 2018 #7

mark wrote:
Jasper Carrots Funky Moped wrote:
your turn to post a question now neil, if everybody asks a question then the site might become a bit more active again
Ha Ha!
Just seen the post from Chas and realized what you are doing, I’ve done my fair share of trying to revive this site? and yes it needs others to contribute apart from the few, so good on you Mark

chasthor
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
chasthor
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

8:46 PM - Jun 24, 2018 #8

I buy from Fowlers if I want or need genuine new parts, or I buy from ebay sellers who have what I need.
But, I will look at certain sellers on ebay, especially those who like to use the word "Rare" in their listings, to see what is still available, because to be honest, if hes selling it, where did he get it from!
But for most of my needs, I rely on friends of this website, who have helped me immensely, in the past and currently.
That's the real spirit of this group,

kingtut
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
kingtut
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

4:54 PM - Jun 25, 2018 #9

Well I use Fowler’s mostly for genuine parts or if not available new off EBay when what I want pops up.

Worth checking CSMNL they do have some stock now unavailable new from Yamaha’s European spares hub.

I have been told they buy up new old stock from around Europe.

Or the Dutch & European web shops, which seem to stock better quality pattern stuff than the high level available here.

I suspect this where a lot of the stuff on EBay listed by uk sellers comes from.

https://www.jmpbparts.com/yamaha/bodywo ... a-fs1.html

http://www.fs1parts.nl/shop/index.php?c ... 880ca321a4

https://www.mopedspeed.dk/webshop/yamaha/

https://www.thansen.dk/soeg/?q=fs1

Don’t use another well known one, after I got tucked up on buying a secondhand Athena barrel & piston when they were rare.

Not cheap either!

Scored bore that needed plating and the wrong piston supplied, an RDMX one not the single ring one it was supposed to have.

YB100 engined motorcycles cannot cure baldness, erectile dysfunction or grey hair.