Moderator: chasthor

rasgus
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
rasgus
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

January 24th, 2011, 8:23 pm #31

The bike might not look any older but unfortuantly I do

I agree I think those old smaller bike shops were far more interesting and friendly than these new big cliniquly clean premises that lack that personal touch.

I did actually work at this bike shop, first as a saturday boy then full time as a trainee apprentice mechanic assembling rd350 Yamaha's from their boxes, competion dark green being one of my favorites

Thats interesting ,didnt relise you had an SS Paul and being so close in registration, what's the story with it , put some pictures up of it
Ace cafe 09,10
Brighton 10,11
Blackheath tea hut-All Year
New Forest 10,11
Trev's B-B-Q

NAT 666
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
NAT 666
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

January 24th, 2011, 9:47 pm #32

Excellent story and superb pictures old and new at the same location as well , just wish most of my pics hadnt got lost in a fire I had quite a few years ago now , but there aint many people who can say they have got back the ped they bought and rode at sixteen - thats very unusual.
There aint many small bike shops anymore this way either - the shop I bought my peds from closed up long ago.
It then reopened a few years later under new ownership and has since gone again - simply went out of business - folded.

sp885
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
sp885
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

January 25th, 2011, 9:26 pm #33

This has been a great post

I believe the shop my Fizzy came from, Armstrong Motorcycles on Linthorpe Road in Middlesbrough is still open today, I think they used to do Honda's and Suzuki's as well

There was another local shop too, called Tillsons, not sure if that's still around though

Anyone from the North East area might know
77 FS1E-DX

82 RD 350 LC

Still looking for my original DX - SDC 167R - Where are you?

Support Van Driver, Brighton 2012

fizzygizzabit
Total Fizzy Nut
fizzygizzabit
Total Fizzy Nut

April 18th, 2011, 2:25 pm #34

sp885 wrote:This has been a great post

I believe the shop my Fizzy came from, Armstrong Motorcycles on Linthorpe Road in Middlesbrough is still open today, I think they used to do Honda's and Suzuki's as well

There was another local shop too, called Tillsons, not sure if that's still around though

Anyone from the North East area might know
hi mate, i dont know if tillsons is still around but ive owned a RD250C for about 8 yrs that came from tillsons and the sticker is still on the oil tank and i even have the original service book from the same shop. havnt used the bike for about 5 yrs but intend to next year. all good memories

fizzygizzabit
Total Fizzy Nut
fizzygizzabit
Total Fizzy Nut

April 18th, 2011, 2:35 pm #35

great story on the fizzy. very similar to me. i sold my 1976 baja speedstripe in 1979 after buying a RD250A. 29 yrs later i seen it for sale on ebay and as it was only 60 miles down the road the guy egreed to take a grand for it so i was down there faster than roadrunner meep meep! the guy was a farmer and the smell from that pigstye was gross and i couldnt get away from the place quick enough! but i was one happy bunny. i sent my £5 to do a dvla owner search and got all the old v5 copies back to when my brother was the first owner and it still has the original matching numbers which was a big plus.
i think DVLA should do more to help people trace their old bikes. it wouldnt take much for them to check the records and send a letter to the current owner.

milnod
The 65mph Club Member
milnod
The 65mph Club Member

September 25th, 2011, 6:36 pm #36

Great set of Photo's!!!
Everybody knows, if you've got the right ride you can pull the Birds!

Robert Mutch
The 65mph Club Member
Robert Mutch
The 65mph Club Member

October 21st, 2011, 8:12 pm #37

Fantastic, do you still have the same house our did you go back to recreate the photos?

Cheers

Robert

rasgus
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
rasgus
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

October 25th, 2011, 9:27 pm #38

Robert Mutch wrote:Fantastic, do you still have the same house our did you go back to recreate the photos?

Cheers

Robert
My mother still lives in the same house and still has the same little wooden shed at the bottom of the garden that I used to keep it in.
Ace cafe 09,10
Brighton 10,11
New Forest 10,11
Trev's B-B-Q

rasgus
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire
rasgus
Fizzmeister Extrodinaire

January 25th, 2013, 12:00 pm #39

Purchased on the 24th January 1973 it has now reached the magic milestone of 40 years, so I thought I would add these to the story

Ace cafe 09,10
Brighton 10,11
New Forest 10,11
Trev's B-B-Q

Pebo
The 65mph Club Member
Pebo
The 65mph Club Member

February 2nd, 2013, 4:12 pm #40

Brilliant story and pics. Only wish my old fizzy was still around, but she's gone to that great showroom in the sky.