I had no idea Asian Carp were in this lake!

4:24 AM - Feb 10, 2013 #1

I recently saw a photo posted by Jason Sealock.  It was a side image view of the bottom of Kentucky Lake.  It was staggering the amount of Asian carp that were along the bottom.  I had no idea they were even in that lake system.  It appears it's a huge problem now.  I found this thread from a fishing board there. 

http://www.fishin.com/forums2/kentucky- ... demic.html

Many of those guys are scared to death that the carp are ruining their game fish populations.  They even went as far as saying they need commercial fisherman to keep the numbers down.  Below is a link to the side imaging photo.  I don't know if it will come up.  It may not if the facebook profile is private.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

Did any of you know about the problem on Kentucky Lake?
RUBF Fishing and Hunting Reports

RUBF Fishing and Hunting Reports

Follow us on Facebook

4:58 AM - Feb 10, 2013 #2

OH BOY! HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
   Fish each day as if it were your last. 

12:22 PM - Feb 10, 2013 #3

What a shame. once they are there it is almost impossible to get rid of them I heard.

10:15 PM - Feb 10, 2013 #4

Time goes by so fast.
Dan and I fished two invitationals there in the late 80s and there was no mention that there was a threat, or even that there was a fish called an Asian Carp.

3:24 PM - Feb 11, 2013 #5

I guess the depth of the water is the problem with getting rid of them. Aren't they sterile? If that is true then after a point they are gone provided there is no restocking. We have them to cut down on the weed infestation but because the water is so shallow they can shock the lake and remove the fish whenever they want.

I am the Snipe Hunter and I approve this message.

9:32 PM - Feb 11, 2013 #6

They are not sterile.

Jonesy
<p> </p>

5:28 PM - Feb 12, 2013 #7

I Hunt Snipe wrote:I guess the depth of the water is the problem with getting rid of them. Aren't they sterile? If that is true then after a point they are gone provided there is no restocking. We have them to cut down on the weed infestation but because the water is so shallow they can shock the lake and remove the fish whenever they want.

DO you mean grass carp?