8-31-2018

September 12th, 2018, 12:26 am #1

Hey guys, it’s been awhile. It’s Aaron Homan for those of you who remember. Anyways, I’ve been fishing a lot this summer out of my kayak and have been having a pretty good year.
I was getting into the smallies good early on the Great Miami River down by Dayton. I just recently started fishing Cowan, maybe 6-8 times on the water.
I got on the water at about 5pm with bluebird skies and it was hot and sticky. I started working the docks by the ramp and got a nice 16” right off the bat. A couple docks later and I feel weight so I set the hook hard. I was in about 7 fow and he came up to the surface fast. After a couple dives and almost getting tangled in my transducer that’s hanging off the side I get him in the net. This is the biggest largemouth I’ve caught in probably 10 years and it had me shaking and heart pumping. I get a measurement and weight and get it back in the water. Came in at 19 3/4” and 4lb 9oz.

Here’s a video I edited down some. Sorry about some of the language..it was the heat of the moment lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

September 12th, 2018, 4:41 am #2

That's awesome Aaron!   Great to see you back on the board!  I've heard a lot about that lake and wondered about it.  Good thing you didn't go overboard trying to land it!  You were pretty hyped up!   Keep catching them!  
RUBF Fishing and Hunting Reports

Follow us on Facebook

September 12th, 2018, 12:41 pm #3

Hey Aaron long time. Nice Largemouth  and welcome back 

September 12th, 2018, 2:13 pm #4

Bigbass101 wrote:That's awesome Aaron!   Great to see you back on the board!  I've heard a lot about that lake and wondered about it.  Good thing you didn't go overboard trying to land it!  You were pretty hyped up!   Keep catching them!  
Thanks Rick! I’ve been lurking a little bit but decided to post this one lol. And I’m not too worried about tipping this yak in a fight since I can stand and fish in it. I’ve been watching yours and Jim’s YouTube videos though..good stuff.

September 12th, 2018, 2:13 pm #5

Ed Robison wrote:Hey Aaron long time. Nice Largemouth  and welcome back 
It has been awhile, Ed. Thanks! Hope your still catchin em!

September 12th, 2018, 2:22 pm #6

Bigbass101 wrote:That's awesome Aaron!   Great to see you back on the board!  I've heard a lot about that lake and wondered about it.  Good thing you didn't go overboard trying to land it!  You were pretty hyped up!   Keep catching them!  
Oh yea, I recently found this post from 2016 on Facebook about the lake. He says it’s an 8lb 10oz largemouth...I know it’s hard to tell from pictures but I would have guessed it to be a 5-6lb. The guy is or has fished on the bassmaster trail though so I guess he should know lol.

September 12th, 2018, 9:48 pm #7

bassmaster001 wrote:
Thanks Rick! I’ve been lurking a little bit but decided to post this one lol. And I’m not too worried about tipping this yak in a fight since I can stand and fish in it. I’ve been watching yours and Jim’s YouTube videos though..good stuff.
Thanks Aaron. You will like the large wooden swimbait video next Tuesday.

Follow us on Facebook

September 13th, 2018, 6:10 pm #8

Not getting out as much as I used to, but still enjoy being out on the water. Still fish Little Long every once in a while.

September 15th, 2018, 1:15 am #9

That's gotta be a blast catching them good ones from a kayak.  Nice job
"Gone fishin', be back for deer season!"