Speed Issues?

Discussion of all Tellius era Fire Emblem games here.

Speed Issues?

Khriss
lol spammer
Khriss
lol spammer
Joined: 23 Feb 2006, 05:52

19 Aug 2007, 18:14 #1

I don't know. Speed issues have always been the reason that I don't like the game as much as the others. Along with it's harder for me to transition from it to my computer at random intervals to see what's going on like I can with Fe6/7/8.

Animations take hella long, even if you do turn them off. Magic and axes could of easily killed that game for me, and enemy phase is omgh8. There's no way for me to get a throttle button, easily at least. So I can't just blast through the times I'm not doing anything. And there are plenty enough times I'm not doing anything other than what feels like just hitting the same button over and over. Not intense.

Opinions?
Aetharsioll Koios - Mage, Level 1
Formerly: Delita, Zihark, Diagon Dragnier, Firebane, Dragon Hellfire
Reply
Like

Exxucus
Why don't I have a custom member title by now?
Exxucus
Why don't I have a custom member title by now?
Joined: 09 Apr 2007, 03:36

19 Aug 2007, 18:25 #2

Agreed. Animations take forever, and with no throttle, your screwed. As an actual spd. problem,my rolf is a lv. 3 sniper and he has 8 spd.
Reply
Like

Near
Why don't I have a custom member title by now?
Near
Why don't I have a custom member title by now?
Joined: 12 May 2007, 20:50

19 Aug 2007, 18:32 #3

I never minded the huge amount of time it takes, seeing how I usually play video games to kill time anyways.
71089 wrote:Forum Attack #401: FES adopted a new skin.
Reply
Like

Khriss
lol spammer
Khriss
lol spammer
Joined: 23 Feb 2006, 05:52

19 Aug 2007, 18:35 #4

Eniomus @ Aug 19 2007, 09:32 AM wrote: I never minded the huge amount of time it takes, seeing how I usually play video games to kill time anyways.
Lucky. I don't have that mentality. Every second I'm doing something I think of better ways to spend my time. >_<
Aetharsioll Koios - Mage, Level 1
Formerly: Delita, Zihark, Diagon Dragnier, Firebane, Dragon Hellfire
Reply
Like

Reikken
FES Spriter
Reikken
FES Spriter
Joined: 22 May 2007, 04:11

19 Aug 2007, 19:07 #5

*surfs the intarwebs while playing FE9*
¯&#092;(º_o)/¯
Reply
Like

RenoTheWanderer
BEH-HHHH!!!
Joined: 01 Mar 2007, 04:06

19 Aug 2007, 19:07 #6

I usually play Fe7 or Fe8 during Enemy phases.....
My Photobucket


My Forum. Dark Palace
firemblemaniac wrote: I mlike Ike's Aesther, but Astra's more cooler.
Never complain about my spelling ever...
Reply
Like

Chickens
Advanced FESer
Chickens
Advanced FESer
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 05:00

19 Aug 2007, 20:28 #7

FE 7/8 are quick but I still turn off the animations some times. FE 9 is slow, so I turn them off qute frequently. It depends on my mood, sometimes I just want to see Volke's Lethality because its so rare, but...
Reply
Like

Hero Raven
BEH-HHHH!!!
Hero Raven
BEH-HHHH!!!
Joined: 24 Jan 2007, 04:12

20 Aug 2007, 00:44 #8

Exxucus @ Aug 19 2007, 01:25 PM wrote: Agreed. Animations take forever, and with no throttle, your screwed. As an actual spd. problem,my rolf is a lv. 3 sniper and he has 8 spd.
LVL 3 SNIPER 8 SPEED! wow ur rolf didnt do well aye. my little dude normally has like 18 after class change.

and with the throttle thing u can speed it a little, i think after you beat the game once , if you hold down a in the enemy pahse while they move it goes faster butdoesnt speed up animations. so its at least a little faster.



Reply
Like

Jeigan
BEH-HHHH!!!
Jeigan
BEH-HHHH!!!
Joined: 03 Jul 2007, 03:14

20 Aug 2007, 00:52 #9

Eniomus @ Aug 19 2007, 12:32 PM wrote: I never minded the huge amount of time it takes, seeing how I usually play video games to kill time anyways.
Same.
Reply
Like

YokaiKnight
Why don't I have a custom member title by now?
YokaiKnight
Why don't I have a custom member title by now?
Joined: 06 Jun 2006, 15:49

20 Aug 2007, 04:44 #10

Exxucus @ Aug 19 2007, 11:25 AM wrote: As an actual spd. problem,my rolf is a lv. 3 sniper and he has 8 spd.
Holy ***. D:

Enemy phase speed is sometimes annoying for me, but despite that I don't turn off animations. Usually in hopes of activating something pretty, and unlike when I had FE7 I'm too lazy to set individually.
Merc wrote:Use the power of imagination against this real dangerous fire! D :
&#124; FES Myspace Group &#124;
Reply
Like

Gennaro
What is this "life" you speak of?
Gennaro
What is this "life" you speak of?
Joined: 10 May 2007, 00:37

21 Aug 2007, 03:07 #11

Agreed... AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED.
Reply
Like

159951Mario
BEH-HHHH!!!
159951Mario
BEH-HHHH!!!
Joined: 19 Dec 2006, 16:14

21 Aug 2007, 13:22 #12

Gennaro @ Aug 20 2007, 10:07 PM wrote: Agreed... AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED AGREED.
^this

The only way to speed it up was to old the A button. Even then it took loger than it should have and it's hard to be on the computer and play PoR if you don't have a wireless controller.
Reply
Like

kippy33
Advanced FESer
kippy33
Advanced FESer
Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 02:41

03 Sep 2007, 06:25 #13

Maybe I'm one of the few that actually enjoys watching battle sequences over and over... ¯&#092;(°_o)/¯
Reply
Like

Lumoroske
Why don't I have a custom member title by now?
Lumoroske
Why don't I have a custom member title by now?
Joined: 31 Oct 2006, 01:04

05 Sep 2007, 19:43 #14

kippy33 @ Sep 2 2007, 10:25 PM wrote: Maybe I'm one of the few that actually enjoys watching battle sequences over and over... ¯&#092;(°_o)/¯
I'm the same way (except when I know my unit is going to get killed in the battle ><)
Reply
Like

Maraj
Why don't I have a custom member title by now?
Maraj
Why don't I have a custom member title by now?
Joined: 01 May 2006, 00:28

05 Sep 2007, 23:11 #15

I usually enjoy them unless it's like my third go at a chapter and I get sick of watching the same fights. >_>

EDIT: @ Mario regarding Wavebirds: You don't? o_0
What a... vision of enchantment! Oh, that I must mangle such beauty! Truly, I will regret this day...
Reply
Like