Hawk Talk 2016

Hawk Talk 2016

RacinHawk
National Champion
RacinHawk
National Champion

29 Dec 2015, 17:41 #1

It is that time again race fans. Time for a whole new version of Hawk Talk. Check back here for all my news and info regarding the upcoming season.

*I will start with this bit of news. The rules for the 2016 Sportsdrome season will be released sometime this week. The schedule may also be released as well. If not, it will be released soon.

*Just a little sneak peek on the new FWD Fun rules for the Sportsdrome. This is still not totally official yet until the track releases them, but the tires will have to have a 400 treadwear or higher rating on them.

* Also, the top 10 will be included in the payoff for the FWD Fun division in 2016.

RacinHawk
National Champion
RacinHawk
National Champion

30 Dec 2015, 04:25 #2

*Race8 will once again have some FWD8 races for the 2016 season. Just like last season, we will have 3 races during the season plus The Blast near the end of the year. The 3 dates for the Race8 FWD8 are: May 28th, July 16th, and September 3rd. The Race8 FWD Blast will be on September 17th. This will be a big figure 8 race as usual and a special race for the Sportsdrome's FWD division. The format for that night will be announced at a later date.

RacinHawk
National Champion
RacinHawk
National Champion

01 Jan 2016, 05:22 #3

Happy New Year Racefans! It's definitely time to get this race season going now. I have begun gathering sponsorships for the 2016 Race8 T-Shirts. If you are interested in joining the Race8 team, send me a message and we will discuss the possibilities. I have lots going on this year as usual, so let me know. While I'm at it, I want to welcome back as my main sponsor of the Race8 T-Shirts, Clapp Mowing & Landscaping. As the main sponsor, they will headline the shirt on the front again and be recognized as the primary sponsor of the three Race8 FWD8 events being held at the Sportsdrome in 2016. Thanks Joe Clapp.

CLAPPIE
National Crown Champion
CLAPPIE
National Crown Champion

01 Jan 2016, 05:41 #4

Glad to be a part of it again. Hopefully we can get some more cars out there

RacinHawk
National Champion
RacinHawk
National Champion

01 Jan 2016, 05:48 #5

We'll see how it goes this year. Rules will be out soon for everyone. After the track releases their rules, I will release the FWD8 rules sometime afterwards. I can say that it will be a little more open basically than the track's FWD. Very similar to last year but with a few things added such as a tire rule.

RacinHawk
National Champion
RacinHawk
National Champion

03 Jan 2016, 02:24 #6

The 2016 Sportsdrome rules have now been released. Here is the link to all division rules:

http://www.sportsdromeonline.com/#!driver-info/c70d

RacinHawk
National Champion
RacinHawk
National Champion

07 Jan 2016, 03:31 #7

The Sportsdrome is holding their banquet this Saturday. Trophies and point fund money will be handed out to the drivers for the 2015 season. I believe that the 2016 schedule will be released on that night. I know the track was trying to get it done before Saturday. It hasn't been posted yet so I'm thinking they will just wait until that night at the banquet.

RacinHawk
National Champion
RacinHawk
National Champion

12 Jan 2016, 02:56 #8

The schedule is not out yet but I anticipate it will be released sooner rather than later. I hope. lol. A good time was had by all at the banquet last Saturday. That officially closes the book on the 2015 season. As we look forward now to the 2016 season, a few things were learned at the banquet. Just using an overview look at the divisions this year, it seems the Xtreme 8 will once again be loaded with drivers as it was in 2015. Several drivers I talked to said they will be back again to challenge the intersection. The Oval Xtreme will be getting some talented young blood as a few of the FWD drivers will be moving up this season. A couple new regular Dromer cars should be at the track this year. The newly revamped FWD division is where it is hard to tell what is going to happen. With the new rules and the new format of different courses, it is too early to tell how many cars they will get. As I mentioned, several of the FWD drivers are moving up. This should open the door for some drivers to compete for feature wins this season. I would expect a bunch of new drivers to register as it will make it easier for them to come in and compete and have fun. Stay tuned as i will be relaying some more info about who is racing in what division along with more driver info.

RacinHawk
National Champion
RacinHawk
National Champion

17 Jan 2016, 03:01 #9

I am once again working this year to get the new Race8 shirts out early for this season. My goal is to have them available by the car show the third weekend of February. I have most of my sponsors nailed down already. Hopefully I can have them all penciled in really soon and we can get the show going. One thing I want to mention here as far as sponsors. I am attempting to gain a couple of brand new sponsors this year. When I say new, I mean brand new to racing altogether. I want to try to bring in some new people to the sport and help things out in this way. And if things go as planned, I am hoping to extend that new exposure for these new sponsors. Stay tuned as I will reveal details of this new plan if they all come together as I hope they do.

RacinHawk
National Champion
RacinHawk
National Champion

19 Jan 2016, 03:15 #10

It was a busy day in the Race8 world today. I took advantage of the holiday and went out searching out potential new sponsors for the new shirts. As I mentioned before, I am trying to get a few brand new sponsors involved in the racing scene. I visited over 20 businesses today. I would say around 4 or 5 are very interested and I hope I can get most of them signed up by the end of the week or so.

CRUMRACIN03
3 HR Winner
CRUMRACIN03
3 HR Winner

19 Jan 2016, 19:08 #11

cool hope it works out
I'am A Race Junky

RacinHawk
National Champion
RacinHawk
National Champion

21 Jan 2016, 02:44 #12

I have a couple of nice big opportunities available for a Race8 sponsorship. First, I have a big add available on the back of the new 2016 Race8 shirt. This not only gets you the add, but also will place you as the title sponsor for the Race8 FWD8 race on Figure 8 Madness night. Second, I need a sponsor partner for my new Race8 bumper stickers. Your name will appear on the bottom of the decal which most every driver usually has on their car. Send me a message and I will let you know about the pricing and all the details.

RacinHawk
National Champion
RacinHawk
National Champion

23 Jan 2016, 15:13 #13

Here is what the front of the new 2016 Race8 shirts will look like.

RacinHawk
National Champion
RacinHawk
National Champion

25 Jan 2016, 03:15 #14

The 2016 schedule has been released. Here is the link:

http://www.sportsdromeonline.com/#!schedule/cnve

RacinHawk
National Champion
RacinHawk
National Champion

30 Jan 2016, 03:02 #15

I am getting real close on having everything in place for the new Race8 shirts. I had mentioned before that I was going to try to get a few new people involved in doing some sponsorships racing. I have been targeting some places around my little town here in Sellersburg and I am happy to announce that I have signed up two brand new sponsors. I want to welcome HiTek Firearms and Training. They are located at 123 S. Indiana Ave in Sellersburg, Indiana. I also want to welcome aboard Complete Auto Repair at 7803 Hwy 311 in Sellersburg. I have one more sponsor spot left and I might have another new sponsor signed up for that one within the next couple days. All in all, the new shirts should be out in time for the Carl Casper show the weekend of February 19-20-21.