2018: A New Odyssey

10:17 PM - Mar 07, 2018 #1

Recorder Earlier
Los Angeles California

Inside Susan Kent's apartment, Jessie Pederson is setting up for her interview with Susan, after going through all the checks she sits on the couch opposite Susan and receives her countdown.

Jessie Pederson: Hello Vertigo fans, Jessie Pederson and I’m here today in the for a special on-location interview, so please welcome my guest Susan Kent.

Susan wearing jeans and sweatshirt smiles and waves to the camera.

Jessie Pederson: First, I would like to thank you for inviting me here today.

Susan Kent: No, problem Jessie.

Jessie Pederson: At Vertigo 49, you took a nasty spill during your tag team match, and rolled your ankle, and unfortunately had to be helped to the back by members of the training staff. So the first question how is the ankle?

Susan Kent: Fully healed Jessie. My doctor cleared me to wrestle, and I’ve been training hard for New Odyssey.

Jessie Pederson: That’s great news, Susan. So about this match against Flavia Rocha. It's being called a title eliminator match. So winning it would be huge for you.

Susan Kent: Yes, this is probably to most important match I’ve had in my career on Vertigo. Title matches aren’t just handed out they are earned. And If I can win my match against Flavia at New Odyssey that would huge, and it would put me closer to a title match.

Jessie Pederson: Did you have much time to study your opponent?

Susan Kent: Yeah, Dana made sure of that. We binged watched her matches during my recovery and she is very good I won’t lie about that, and this is going to be a tough match for me.

Jessie Pederson: You're known for your fast-paced high flying style. Do you have any reservation about taking risks considering your recent injury?

Susan Kent: Without risk, there is no reward. I haven’t had any problems in training, so I should be fine.

Jessie Pederson: Great, so how do you feel about wrestling in Montreal?

Susan Kent: Well I’ve never been to Canada or Montreal but I hear they have great wrestling fans up there.

Jessie Pederson: Okay, once again thank you for inviting me here today and good luck at New Odyssey.

Susan Kent: Thanks, Jessie.

10:18 PM - Mar 07, 2018 #2

PRE-SHOW
• Title Eliminator •
Susan Kent vs. Flavia Rocha
The match started off with Kent offering a handshake. After the events that unfolded in their tag match against Reapers in Pride, it was unknown if Kent was faking the ankle injury to force Rocha into wrestling most of the match for them. After thinking it over, Rocha accepted the handshake, which got some cheers from the crowd. Rocha controlled the action early on by bringing Kent down with a running hurricanrana. She followed up with a pair of dropkicks for a two count. A lateral press followed a snap suplex from the Brazilian, which also garnered a two count. Kent found her opening after Rocha threw out a spinning heel kick too early.

After a few backhand chops, an irish whip sent Rocha into the ropes. When the Brazilian returned, Kent took her down with a spinning heel kick of her own for a two count. An irish whip was followed by a pair of dropkicks got another two count. An irish whip reversal then sent Kent into the ropes. When she returned, she executed a headscissors takedown.

In the third minute, Kent went for a running bulldog. But Rocha shoved her off into the ropes. When Kent returned, Rocha knocked her down with a bicycle kick to the face and followed by with a standing moonsault for a two count. After a neckbreaker brought Kent back down, Rocha followed up with a jumping elbow drop (with theatrics) for another two count.

In the fifth minute, Rocha went for Face Meets Mat (Jumping DDT). But Kent caught her in mid air and rammed her back-first into the turnbuckles. After an irish whip into the opposite corner, Kent ran across the ring and connected with a dropkick that sent Rocha slumping down in the corner. Kent rounded the ring before coming back to the corner and going for a Bronco Buster. But Rocha moved out of the way and followed up with a leaping reverse bulldog. She made the cover. But Kent got her foot on the bottom rope just before the three count.

As the match progressed in minute eight, Rocha countered a back body drop attempt with a kick to the face. Once Kent stood up after the kick, Rocha planted her with Face Meet Mat. She then went up top and went for the Sand Drop (corkscrew leg drop). But Kent rolled out of the way. While Rocha favored her leg, Kent went up top and came down across the legs with the Photo Op (Frog Splash). Kent went back to the top, jumped off and crashed down across Rocha’s torso with a second Photo Op for the three count.

Winner: Susan Kent

10:18 PM - Mar 07, 2018 #3

10:22 PM - Mar 07, 2018 #4

The camera cuts to the middle of the ring, where Vertigo General Manager Brandon Macdonald stands, dressed in a suit and showing off his newly blonde hair. He has a microphone in hand as he waits for the crowd to die down a bit before speaking.

Brandon Macdonald: Ladies and gentlemen...welcome...to A New Odyssey!

The crowd erupts into cheers again as Macdonald claps his hands in appreciation. He once again waits for them to quiet down for a bit.

Brandon Macdonald: Obviously we’ve got ourselves a phenomenal show planned. A main event that’ll be remembered forever. A Pride Championship match that has still yet to be determined. Five incredible tag teams competing in different matches. Mitsuo Shimada and Chris Madison going head to head. And plenty more. But you all already know that. That’s not why I’m out here. There’s something I wanted to address, something I wanted to get out in front of before it becomes something way too overblown.

Macdonald pauses for a moment as he puts his hand on his chin and hesitates, trying to make sure he stays calm to explain himself.

Brandon Macdonald: See, last week at Grapple Kingdom 2, General Manager Hadley Herrera made some pretty remarkable claims. She went on air and said that I was the one who orchestrated the attack on Brian Stryker before his Pride Championship match on Vertigo two months ago. That it was my idea to prevent him from wrestling in what would have been a massive ratings boost match for my show. That I somehow didn’t believe in Chris Madison, a man I’ve booked in two matches tonight because I have that level of trust in him.

He pauses again as the heavily pro-Vertigo crowd begins to boo Hadley in support of him. He nods his head.

Brandon Macdonald: And she made this claim based solely on the word of a liar and an ex-Vertigo wrestler, Julian Tijerina. I don’t think it needs to be said, but I will anyways. Tijerina is a liar.

The crowd begins chanting “Liar” loudly as Brandon nods along with them.

Brandon Macdonald: Tijerina wants to get me back because of what I did. I broke up Serpent's Touch by shipping him off to Flashpoint. I sent him to a brand that does not care for him very much. So he’s trying to get revenge. But this is the exact reason I traded Julian. Because this is just the kind of person he is. He doesn’t get his way so he lies about this kind of thing to try to enact some form of revenge on me. He’s trying to manipulate Hadley into some kind of anger and dislike for me, all because he’s a petulant child who didn’t get his way. It’s pathetic really, and I have absolutely no regrets about getting him off my brand.

He stops for a moment to allow the crowd to cheer along in support of him. Macdonald motions for them to stop so he can add something more.

Brandon Macdonald: But what’s even more disappointing, is Hadley’s absolute blind willingness to trust what he told her. She claimed last week that I wasn’t returning her calls, but she left out an important detail. She called one office, and if she had bothered to listen she would’ve heard the message I left saying that the office was empty and that I would be at my Los Angeles office for the week. But did she try to call me there? Of course not. She kept calling the other. Seeing her mention it on Grapple Kingdom 2 was the first time I had ever learned that she had tried to contact me. So naturally I called her back right away and told her secretary that I’d like to meet in person to hash this out. Or at least get a good call in. But did I ever hear back from her? Of course not.

Brandon took a deep breath as he tried to remain calm, though he was clearly getting a little more tense as he clutched the microphone with a death grip.

Brandon Macdonald: I don’t appreciate people making unfounded claims against me. I also don’t appreciate people making a minimal effort to get in touch with me. She claims that she wants to talk to me so badly, then she could figure out which office I’m at and get ahold of me. Or she could return my call. But no, she wants to make sure everyone thinks that she’s the victim here. For all I know, she could’ve ordered the attack on Stryker in an effort to keep him from changing his mind about my offer to have him join Vertigo. That seems a hell of a lot more likely than me willingly sacrificing a match that would’ve brought huge attention and ratings to my brand.

The crowd voices their support for Macdonald very loudly as he thanks them.

Brandon Macdonald: So Hadley, I have one message for you. Know the facts before you go out throwing baseless accusations around based solely on the word of a disgruntled employee. This is something that I will not forgive...or forget

He grins to himself as he echoes the very words that Hadley used at Grapple Kingdom 2. The fans react with cheers in accordance.

Brandon Macdonald: Now, without further ado, please enjoy A New Odyssey!

The crowd erupts with their loudest cheers of the night as Macdonald ducks under the top rope and hops out of the ring, walking up the ramp as the cameras fade to a video package.

10:24 PM - Mar 07, 2018 #5

They’ve been building a dome of steel in Montreal...

A cage to enclose “The Match Beyond”...

STEEL WARFARE!

Witness the might of giants when the infamous New Murder, comprised of Fenrys, Jaelynn Ramsey, Chris Bond, Molly Reid and team captain, “The Tenacious Little Bastard” Dom Harter, clash with the force of Team Page, comprised of Pendragon, Sadie San Francisco, Malcolm Drake and team captain, “The King of the F’n World” Jimmy Page.

10 grapplers will enter...

But only five will leave!

In two rings back-to-back, it’s one-on-one.

Then two-on-one!

A flip of the coin will determine which team dominates until the full battle is joined!

Submission or surrender will decide the victors of this match!

There are no pinfalls, no countouts and most important, NO DISQUALIFICATION!

Anything goes when the double wide steel cage is dropped here tonight in Montreal. Bones will break! Bodies will be shattered! Spirits will be shaken! Wills will be tested! Blood will be spilled!

The Bell Centre will play host to the battleground for “The Match Beyond”...

STEEL WARFARE!!!

10:26 PM - Mar 07, 2018 #6

And now, Vertigo presents…

The scene shifts to an outside shot of the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada! We then transition inside the arena, where red and white fireworks shoot off in various patterns. We then head to a wide shot of the arena. The camera pans around, capturing the rabid crowd.

Kris Cruise: Welcome, everyone, to Montreal! Welcome, everyone, to the Bell Centre! Welcome… to A NEW ODYSSEY! Ladies and gentlemen, we’ve got ourselves a stacked card from top to bottom. But before we get into any of that, we have to address to announcement we just heard from GM Brandon Macdonald moments ago. The Vertigo GM says that he’s innocent!

Stephy Auger: And I believe him! The nerve of Hadley Herrera to believe someone like Julian Tijerina. He’s just telling her everything she wants to hear. I’d expect her to be smarter than that. But at the end of the day, she IS a Herrera, after all.

Kris Cruise: ...

Stephy Auger: What? Don’t tell me you believe her story!

Kris Cruise: I don’t know...

Stephy Auger: What is there not to know? GM Macdonald provided a very reasonable explanation for Hadley’s baseless accusations.

Kris Cruise: I don’t know. If someone threw that type of accusation out there about me, I’d want to get my side of the story out there as soon as possible. Instead, GM Macdonald waited a full week later. Why? To get his story straight?

Stephy Auger: I can’t believe you’re taking her side! Actually, I can believe it because you’re just as nuts as she is!

Kris Cruise: I’m not taking anyone’s side! I just don’t think we’re being given the whole truth.

Stephy Auger: No, we got the truth! You just can’t handle it! If you love Hadley and Flashpoint so much, you can gladly get shipped over there. I can call this show all on my own.

Kris Cruise: Great, so we can get to listen to you wax poetic about Kol all night? No thanks.

Stephy Auger: Well speaking of our soon-to-be new Pride Champion, let’s check out these comments from Kol earlier today!

10:28 PM - Mar 07, 2018 #7

PRE-RECORDED
The scene cuts to an interview room. We see FGA interviewer Jessie Pederson on one side, sitting in a chair, and a casual dressed Kol (black jacket, white shirt, black jeans) sitting on the other chair.

Jessie Pederson: Alright, let’s just get down to the nitty gritty, Kol. We’re a few months removed from your re-debut. How would you rate your performances so far?

Kol scoffs.

Kol: Great matches, as what you can expect from someone like me, with some of the results not going my way. My path to dominating this company has been filled with roadblocks, but the best always enjoy a challenge.

Jessie Pederson: I’m sure you’re tired of hearing about it now, but-

Kol: But did the match with Owen Gonsalves strike a blow to my ego?

Jessie nods, despite being interrupted. This gets a chuckle out of Kol, who leans back in his seat.

Kol: When you know you’re the best, your ego is always at full force, even when someone pulls off the upset. You see, I don’t worry about matches like Owen Gonsalves because in the long run, this will be a win that defines his career. Do you know what this loss does to me? It gives my opponents something to use against me....until I drive them into the mat and pin them. It’s a loss that you’ll forget all about when I’m the Pride champion and possibly the FGA Undisputed champion at the same time.

Jessie Pederson: Fujiko Mine-

Kol: She said she wanted to knock my ego down a notch and that Owen Gonsalves may have already done so.

Jessie Pederson: And what do you think about that?

He chuckles once more.

Kol: I think she’s delusional. My ego is always at full blast, and that’s because I know that it bothers people like her. People who try to do the right thing. Who won’t take advantage of every single opportunity they can get. That won’t cheat, or lie, or steal. That just simply won’t sink to the lows that I and others are willing to sink to. It bothers them that I could lose 20 matches in a goddamn row if I wanted and still be more confident than most of this roster. Fujiko Mine won’t be destroying my ego, especially if she somehow wins this triple threat.

Jessie Pederson: Okay, well, Fujiko isn’t the only one who has been vocal about you, Kol. James Edwards has as well.

Kol: Of course. He talks more about me than my ex.

Jessie Pederson: Well, we know you and Edwards don’t exactly like each other. Do you think he respects you? Do you at least respect his talent?

The New Yorker shrugs.

Kol: I can respect the fact that he’s as stubborn as he is. I can respect his ability. I don’t like him one bit. I think he’s not on my level, but I can respect the fact that even though he knows he’s not in my league, he’s at least trying. That shows some balls. As for whether he respects me or not?

Kol lets out another chuckle.

Kol: I honestly don’t care what he thinks about me. James Edwards’ opinion of me isn’t going to make me stop doing what I’m doing. He’s simply someone I just need to finish any issues with and move on from. In fact, I’ve grown quite tired of dealing with him. So hopefully, tonight will be the night where I’m finished having to deal with him.

Jessie Pederson: Alright. One person you haven’t really spoken about is Chris Madison.

Kol: What would you like to know, Jessie? My opinion on him? I think he’s a very talented wrestler. He’s certainly got the accomplishments to back it up and he’s done a great job as Pride champion. Do I think I can beat him? Absolutely. I think I can beat anyone on any given day. Chris Madison, Fujiko Mine, James Edwards, Dom Harter, Chandler Scott, bring Cordy Stevenson’s ass out of retirement and I can beat her too. Put Andreas Lasiewicz in the ring with me and I think I can beat him as well. Karma? You bet your ass I can beat him too. I don’t sit here and proclaim to be one of the best just because I can. It’s because I know that at my best...I’m practically unbeatable.

The former FGA World Tag Team champion scoffs.

Kol: Chris Madison is good, but he’s going to find out, especially after I win the triple threat, that I’m not some kind of one company pony. Hell, I’ve proven that enough,

Jessie Pederson: That “one company pony” thing you just said....is it because he said this was FGA, not HKW?

The New Yorker lets out yet another chuckle as he stares at the FGA interviewer.

Kol: Yes, it is. He mentions HKW as if I’ve not gone anywhere else and achieved some things. Sure, a majority of my success has come from Hard Knox Wrestling....but hasn’t a majority of Madison’s success come from 4 Corners? After all, unlike him, my first run here actually ended with me capturing gold. The same gold he was coming after and failed to capture, which eventually lead to him putting his tail between his legs and...

Kol imitates someone walking away with the index and middle fingers on his right hand.

Kol: Walked away. Chris Madison doesn’t realize that he was projecting a little bit with that dig. Yes, I’m a triple crown winner in HKW. But I was the New Kingdom Pro Openweight champion for 6 months and will be their future Grand champion. I went to Cardinal City Pro, back when I was at my weaker form known as Colton Sterling, and won their tag team titles with relative ease while dominating that division for months.

The disliked wrestler smiles.

Kol: Chris Madison couldn’t beat a younger me when he had a talented partner and I was carrying dead weight and trying to make it relevant. If he couldn’t beat Colton Sterling with a reliable partner, what the hell has he done since the last time we met that makes him think he’s going to beat me when I’m at this level? Tell me, Jessie.

Jessie seems caught off by the question.

Jessie Pederson: I- well, uh...I’m-

Kol: The answer is he’s got nothing...and he knows it. The man almost lost to James Edwards and would’ve been pinned by him if it wasn’t for me. Sure, I cost us the match and I can take the fault for us losing if he’d like to throw that out there. But I consider that the second to last favor I do for Chris Madison. The final one will be getting rid of Fujiko Mine and James Edwards from Pride title contention.

The former HKW Global champion smirks.

Kol: Then, after I do that, I’m going to do Chris a nice favor and help him drop a couple of pounds after I pin him and take that belt from him.

Jessie Pederson: Well, I think that’s all I have to ask. Is there anything you want to add?

Kol: Actually, yes. You see, it’s been made very clear why everyone wants to be Pride champion at the end of the night. Fujiko Mine is tired of being underestimated and overlooked. Capturing the title would shut up a lot of people up. James Edwards wants to prove that he’s one of the best pure wrestlers in the world and officially shut me up....good luck with that by the way. And Chris Madison wants to defend this title and continue to show he’s a fighting champion by giving Stryker a rematch he was screwed out of. But....do you know why I want this championship, Jessie?

She shakes her head, getting a smile from the Vertigo wrestler.

Kol: It’s not to take it to newer heights. I’ve already done that enough with other championships and unlike some past champions I’ve had to dethrone, Chris isn’t complete dogshit as champion. He’s actually a very good one. It’s not to break records, though I do that at this point without even really trying. It’s not even because I want people to stop underestimating me or prove that I’m a good wrestler. People know what I bring to the table, that’s why my signing helped make Vertigo the “A brand”. People already know I’m a great wrestler too, so there’s no need to prove that either. No, my need for that Pride championship is...well, it’s very selfish. I’m only really thinking of feeding my ego.

He leans forward as he stares right at Jessie.

Kol: You see, Jessie, I enjoy making history and I enjoy knowing I can do something that most of this roster won’t ever achieve. Luckily for me, the tag team title reign is out of the way. Now, all I need to do is win the FGA Undisputed title...and one other championship. You see, I don’t care for the Pride championship as much as Chris does or as much as Fujiko does. To me, that title just gets me one step closer to proving my superiority. Dom Harter is a Grand Slam and Triple Crown champion and for me to also reach that pinnacle not many will get to touch, I need to win that Pride championship. Is that going to make others mad?

Kol shrugs.

Kol: I truthfully don’t care. I’m not in the business of making other people happy. I’m here to make a name for myself and knocking off James, Fujiko, and Chris in the same night will do that. That title is simply a piece of the puzzle for me, nothing more. Sure, I’ll defend it afterwards, just don’t be really mad when you see that I don’t care about it as much as Chris or Fujiko or James. This is a business and I’m simply trying to make sure that business is always good for me. Being the Pride champion gets me more opportunities, inside the ring and out, and gets me closer to the Triple Crown and Grand Slam. Now, wrap it up, Jessie. I’m a busy man.

Jessie blinks a few times, stunned by what she just heard before she finally shakes it off.

Jessie Pederson: Thanks for joining me here today, Kol.

Kol: You’re welcome. I know it was your pleasure to have me here, especially since Spencer seems to get all the interviews sometimes.

Jessie goes silent once more before Kol rolls his eyes and rips off the mic around his shirt and tosses it aside, walking off.

Kol: Idiots around here, I swear....

With that, we cut elsewhere as Jessie seems to be at a loss for words.

10:29 PM - Mar 07, 2018 #8

Cameras catch Piper Lennon moments before her showcase match against Aria Echkart, sitting on a crate in a loading area backstage with her legs dangling in the air. She's got her hair tied back in a neat ponytail, with her familiar Polaroid camera strapped around her neck. She flashes a smile as she spots the camera crew approaching, while twirling her index fingers around each other in a circle.

Piper Lennon: I guess you found me; I was trying to lay low before I tango with Aria, but that's okay. Really, I should have expected you'd track me down if you wanted to.

She lightly shrugs her slight shoulders.

Piper Lennon: I'm not some evil puppetmaster pulling strings, no matter how much Aria would like me to be-- I don't claim to be smarter than everyone else out there. Nah, I'm barely twenty years old. I just turned it a month or so ago. I'm basically a neophyte not just at this wrestling thing, but at life. Trust me, I'll be the first to admit that I've got a lot to learn not just about the World around me, but about myself too, which is why I'm so excited for tonight.

Her expression doesn't seem to change much, despite how excited she claims to be.

Piper Lennon: It's why I take such care to document my journey, y'know what I'm saying? But I will let you in on a little secret here. I know Aria has been trying to talk this up as some transformative moment for her, but the way I see it, she's the one that's already left a lasting impression on me.

Piper runs a finger across her forehead.

Piper Lennon: If anything, this is much more about me taking a pretty substantial step forward not just in my career, but overall. I--

She jabs that same finger towards her chest, directly above her dangling camera.

Piper Lennon: -- I wasn't gonna commit myself to filling my dance card on a stage like this for the first time, big show and all, if there wasn't some kind of special experience I could get from it. What that'll be exactly, I'm excited to find out, but whatever it is? Pretty sure it'll be worth taking a picture of.

On that note, she hops off the crate and ambles off out of view.

10:29 PM - Mar 07, 2018 #9

Tyler Storm stands with his back against a plain wall as he is fully geared up in his ring attire, prepared for tonight's big matchup with Seth Iser. He closes his eyes and takes in a deep breath...thinking to himself for several moments before speaking.

Tyler Storm: It's been so long since I've found myself on a stage so perfect. Big show, in front of an amazing crowd, everyone prepared to see the things you could achieve. Last time I was in this position, on a pay-per-view stage...I fought my heart out against a woman I have a lot of respect for, and when all of that was said and done my career got a huge blow, my back decimated from years of abuse finally collapsed, and I was going from staring up in a ring to doing the same in a hospital room. Remembering it all now, going back through that horrible moment, it all brings me to feeling a little nervous about tonight.

He opens his eyes back, with them glistening from the thoughts racing in his mind bringing him to show the emotion he expressed verbally.

Tyler Storm: It makes me feel scared in a way, scared of history repeating, scared of letting people down...scared of all my work to get back ending so soon. But that fear has lessened more and more throughout the months, throughout the incredible matchups I've been having with people all over the globe not just here in FGA but the opportunity I took with the Young Guns Cup as well. I pushed myself to limits even further than I did before that terrible day...and I survived stronger than ever, win or lose. I know it's a broken record at this point...but this particular night is exactly the moment where this chapter finally is put to rest. This night is where I move to my next path, the path to the top where I know I can still make it and stay with the big dogs. The path to being me again without any doubts.

Tyler smiles and wipes at his eyes with his arm before leaning off the wall and continuing on.

Tyler Storm: Seth Iser, tonight you are the man standing in my path and win or lose, I intend on bursting through this final door with my heart on my sleeve and my smile as bright as ever. Tonight is more than just about this little story me and you have built since our first encounter on Vertigo all those weeks back, it's more than just about my issues with your integrity, it's more than just my issues with your managing partner sticking his nose in business he shouldn't. Tonight is about proving to you that I am worth it, proving to anyone back in this locker room I am worth it, proving to the world I am damn worth it! I am worth the time and effort, I am worth the tears and blood, I am worth the fears, I am worth the triumphs, I am worth being who I am no matter if it's pushing my body beyond it's limits anymore!

He pushes behind him at the wall and forward towards the camera, his smile growing the more fired up he gets.

Tyler Storm: You told me you want me to be a man and not "a boy taking my money." Buddy, whether you want to believe it or not, I was a man the moment I stepped up to you and your manager and made sure the bull stopped and even a long time before that. That has never changed about me. You can label me, you can turn this story how you want Iser, but I am Tyler Storm and the world knows what I put on the table every damn moment. I don't put this on as a show, I don't do this for the thrill of success, I do this because it's all in my blood and DNA! Wrestling is who I am, being the genuine person for the boys and girls backstage and in the crowd is who I am, giving 1000% in the ring and still adding another 1000% when necessary is WHO I AM, and I will take the labels of "fake" and "glory-hog" and anything like that if it means I am fighting for me and those that came before me and those that will come after me!

Tyler closes his eyes back and stays silent, walking backwards back onto the wall and leaning to it, right back to how it all began.

Tyler Storm: Judge me beforehand Seth for all of this, take me for someone that isn't going to come out with my all, take me for a boy...tonight isn't going to be about my manhood, it's gonna be about yours. Oh...and tell Vincent I said hi.

Tyler's eyes open back and he nods to the camera before leaning back off the wall and walks off, the bare wall staying there until it fades off.

10:30 PM - Mar 07, 2018 #10

• Singles Match •
Piper Lennon vs. Aria Eckhart
“Outlet” by the eccentric artist Desiigner sets the P.A. System ablaze as the feet cuts to the backstage area where Aria Eckhart is spotted heading towards gorilla position!

Kris Cruise: Over the past few weeks, Piper Lennon has tried to bring out the ugly side of Aria Eckhart and she may have succeeded a month ago when a heated confrontation between the two turned physical.

Stephy Auger: “May have”? Oh no, Cruise. She did succeed! Aria can try and change her last name to her fiancé’s. But we all know what her last name REALLY is. We all know who she REALLY is underneath all the smiles, the fake positive attitude and hiding behind that stupid Parrot. Everyone in her family has that ugliness to them on the inside. Eckhart can deny it all she wants. But it’s there and Lennon successfully pulled it out!

Kris Cruise: There’s no doubt that Eckhart acted out of character a month ago with that attack. Even the young Darling herself was disappointed in her actions. But when Lennon tried to goad her again two weeks ago, Eckhart didn’t stoop to her lows! I’m proud of this young woman for standing up for herself and not falling to the same trap that Lennon laid out for her before.

Stephy Auger: Aw, well isn’t that just sweet. YAWN!

She reached the curtain - taking in a few breaths. Aria pulled the curtain open slightly so the people watching on television at home could hear the cheers.

The energy of the FGA fanbase....

The Darling pushed passed the curtain. She began to walk to the ring slapping hands with some of the fans who were in attendance to see some fantastic action in the (INSERT ARENA HERE) tonight. After giving one of the younger children a hug Aria continued to make her way to the squared circle.

J.A. Aldridge: Ladies and gentlemen, the following contest is scheduled for ONE fall! Introducing first, now residing out of Chicago, Illinois! Standing at SIX FEET tall! She is Vertigo’s very own “Darling”, ARIA EEEEEEEECKHAAAAARRRRRT!!!

Once Aria was closer to the ring she climbed up the steps before entering the ring. There she walked towards one of the corners climbing up to the second turnbuckle. As she pointed towards select fans “Baker Street (Instrumental)” took over the tune of Aria’s own music.

The arena lights dim as the instrumental version of Gerry Rafferty's "Baker Street" begins to play. A few moments pass before Piper Lennon ambles out from behind the curtain, pausing at the top of the ramp to survey her surroundings. She zigs and zags, taking her time as she makes her way down the ramp, taking everything in but not paying the fans any particular mind.

J.A. Aldridge: And her opponent, from La Jolla, California… PIPERRRRR LEEEENNOOOONNNN!!!

After circling halfway around the ring, she removes her jacket and camera, leaving them at the timekeeper's area. She stops in front of the announce desk, leaning back against it and staring up at the ceiling. Only then does she pick the pace up, lurching forward and sliding under the bottom rope into the ring, then popping up to her feet. She takes her corner, slouching back and drumming her fingers as she waits for the match to begin.

Kris Cruise: Piper Lennon and her “unique” approach has garnered her success since stepping foot in Frontier Grappling Arts. To this point, Lennon has yet to taste defeat.

Stephy Auger: That fact won’t be changing here tonight. She’s going to get inside the mind of Aria Eckhart. She’s going to toy with her, expose her ugliness for the world to see live on pay per View and then beat her in the center of the ring!

The bell sounds as Lennon gets in Eckhart’s face to start things off. Lennon tries to goad Eckhart into attacking her by trying to get into her head. But Eckhart shakes her head ‘no’ and refuses to take the bait. Lennon smirks as she steps back from Eckhart before circling the ring. Eckhart joins her in circling the ring. The two then heads towards the center and motion for a lock up. But at the last second, Lennon opts out in favor of a throat cross chop. The boos continue when Lennon hits Eckhart with another throat cross chop. She then moves Eckhart against the ropes before hitting her with three backhand chops across the chest. She then takes Eckhart and whips her into the far ropes. When Eckhart returns, Lennon throws out a clothesline. But Eckhart ducks and runs into the ropes. When Eckhart comes back, Lennon goes for a back elbow to the face. But Eckhart ducks before continuing to run the ropes. When she comes back, she knocks Lennon down with a crossbody block.

ONE!
TWO!
Lennon kicks out.

Eckhart picks up Lennon and places her in a side headlock. As Eckhart tries to cinch in the hold, Lennon is quick to shove her off into the ropes. When Eckhart returns, Lennon goes for a back body drop. But Eckhart slips down from behind. She then spins Lennon around towards her before bringing her to the mat with a side headlock takedown. Lennon is able to reverse into a headscissors. But Eckhart ends up escaping with a kip up. After Lennon scrambles back to a vertical base, Eckhart throws her down with an arm drag. Lennon gets up, only to get sent back down by another arm drag. The Darling then transitions into an armbar.

Kris Cruise: Eckhart wasn’t about to play into Lennon’s hands. She’s going to his this match her way!

Stephy Auger: We’ll see how long that lasts.

The ref gets down and asks Lennon if she wants to give up. Lennon shakes her head ‘no’ before complaining to the referee. The referee confronts Eckhart only pulling Lennon’s hair. Eckhart swears that she didn’t. While Eckhart is distracted, Lennon reaches up with her free arm and thumbs Eckhart right in the eye, breaking the hold.

Kris Cruise: Oh come on!

Stephy Auger: I agree! That nasty Eckhart was at it again. She was trying to rip Lennon’s locks right out!

Lennon takes Eckhart, brings her over towards the ropes and presses down on the back of her neck. The crowd boos at the sight of Eckhart being choked across the rope rope. She flails her arms around helplessly while Lennon continues to try and choke her out. The ref gives Lennon until the count of five to break the choke.

Ref: ONE… TWO… THREE… FOUR…

Lennon lets go. She then takes Eckhart, places her in a headlock and rakes her face along the top rope. The boos continue as Eckhart staggers over into a nearby corner. After nailing Eckhart in the lower back with a forearm strike, Lennon turns her around and delivers three more backhand chops to the chest. Lennon then switches to alternating jabs and knife edge chops. She takes Eckhart by the wrist and sends her into the opposite corner with an irish whip. She then runs across the ring and goes for a leaping corner bionic elbow. But Eckhart moves out of the way, causing Lennon to crash into the turnbuckles. The crowd cheers when Lennon misses. After turning Lennon around, Eckhart lights up her chest with knife edge chops. She then sends Lennon back over into the previous corner with an irish whip. The Darling runs across the ring to follow up. Lennon sees the attack coming, so she ducks and dumps Eckhart over the top rope. After Eckhart land safely on the apron, Lennon turns around and knocks her down to the floor with a rope-assisted gamengiri.

Kris Cruise: Down goes Eckhart!

Lennon exits out onto the apron and takes a few steps back. She then runs along the apron before jumping off and crashing across Eckhart with a Cactus Elbow!

Stephy Auger: Ooooooh, Lennon with the elbow right to Eckhart’s cold, black heart!

Kris Cruise: Oh stop it!

Lennon pulls up Eckhart and rolls her back inside. She then slides back in and makes the cover.

ONE!
TWO!
Eckhart gets her shoulder up.

Lennon picks up Eckhart, throws her down with a scoop slam and follows up with a jumping double stomp. She makes the cover.

ONE!
TWO!

Lennon sits up Eckhart and applies a rear chinlock. The ref gets down and asks Eckhart if she wants to give up. But she refuses. The Darling starts to fight through the pain as she turns over onto a knee. After returning to a vertical base, Eckhart nails Lennon with several elbows to the midsection, breaking the hold. She then turns and runs into the ropes. When Eckhart returns, Lennon brings her down with a flapjack.

Stephy Auger: She thought she was home free, didn’t she!?

The boos continue as Lennon pushes Eckhart over and makes the cover.

ONE!
TWO!

Lennon picks up Eckhart and goes for an irish whip. But Eckhart reverses, sending Lennon into the ropes. When Lennon returns, Eckhart sets up for a back body drop. But Lennon knocks her down with a running knee to the head. The boos continue as she makes the cover.

ONE!
TWO!

Kris Cruise: Yet another nearfall for Piper Lennon.

Stephy Auger: That little runt will not stay down.

Lennon picks up Eckhart and brings her into the corner. After sitting Eckhart down across the top turnbuckle, Lennon climbs up to the middle ropes and goes for a belly to back superplex. But Eckhart turns in mid air, crashing down directly across Lennon!

Stephy Auger: AH!

ONE!
TWO!
Lennon kicks out.

After both grapplers return to their feet, Eckhart takes Lennon and goes for an irish whip. But Lennon reverses, sending her into the ropes. When Eckhart returns, she knocks Lennon down with a lariat. Lennon gets back up and gets caught with another lariat. Eckhart then shoots her into the ropes with an irish whip. When Lennon returns, Eckhart turns her inside out with a third lariat! The cheers continue as she drops down and makes the cover.

ONE!
TWO!
Lennon gets her shoulder up.

Eckhart picks up Lennon, lifts her up across her shoulder and goes for a running powerslam. But Lennon slips down from behind and brings her down with a side russian leg sweep. Lennon reaches down, grabs Eckhart by the wrist and pulls her up to a seated position. Lennon begins to nail Eckhart with a soccer kick flurry to the chest until Eckhart catches her leg on the last kick attempt. Once Eckhart gets back to a vertical base, she throws Lennon’s leg down before delivering a leg hook reverse STO! With both grapplers down, the ref starts his count.

Kris Cruise: Who is going to get back to their feet first!?

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

Both grapplers begin to stir on the canvas. Eckhart and Lennon slowly turn over onto into the prone position and get up on their knees in front of each other. Lennon begins to try and goad Eckhart into snapping again. But Eckhart doesn't take the bait. So Lennon smacks her across the face. When Eckhart turns back towards Lennon, she smacks Eckhart across the face a second time! Lennon returns to her feet. She begins to berate Eckhart, telling her that the fans don’t care about her, her family and friends don’t care about her. Not even that stupid parrot cares about her. Eckhart slowly rises back to her feet. Her fists are shaking in anger as Lennon continues to try and get her to snap.

Kris Cruise: Don’t succumb to it, Aria! Fight through it!

Stephy Auger: She’s gonna snap! She’s gonna snap!

Lennon succeeds as Eckhart tackles her to the mat with a double leg takedown! The crowd cheers as Eckhart mounts on top of Lennon and hammers down with a flurry of punches to the face.

Kris Cruise: Eckhart is going to town on Lennon!

Eckhart continues to rain down punches. Lennon, surprisingly, isn’t making any attempt to try and block the punches. Instead, she lays there and smiles as Eckhart continues to punch away at her face!

Kris Cruise: Look at Lennon! She’s enjoying this! How sick can someone be!?

Suddenly, Eckhart stops once she realizes what’s just happened. A horrified look comes across the face of The Darling as she stands up and looks down at her right knuckle, which has some of Lennon’s blood on it. She then looks down at the bloodied nose of Lennon. Eckhart puts her hands on her head in disbelief as she turns and walks away from her opponent.

Stephy Auger: OOPS! Too late now! HA HA!

Eckhart shakes her head ‘no’ over and over as she heads into the corner. She rests her forearms across the top rope before burying her face in her hands. While Eckhart continues to be distraught over her actions, Lennon slowly turns over onto a knee. The slightest hint of a smirk is on her face as she raises back to a vertical base. She then charges over, runs up from behind and bashes Eckhart in the back of the neck with a corner leaping bionic elbow. The boos continues as she pulls Eckhart away from the corner before dropping her with a jumping neckbreaker slam. She makes the cover.

ONE!
TWO!
TH-NO!

Kris Cruise: Eckhart’s not done yet!

Stephy Auger: Oh, but she will be. Very soon, in fact.

Lennon pulls up Eckhart, places her arm behind her head and holds it place before throwing out a Heart Punch. But Eckhart ducks. When Lennon turns around, Eckhart takes her by the wrist and whips her into the ropes. When Lennon returns, Eckhart throws her down with The Prettyslam (snap scoop powerslam)! The crowd cheers while Eckhart pumps her fists.

Kris Cruise: Eckhart’s feeling it!

Eckhart pulls Lennon back to her feet before pulling her into a front facelock. The crowd stands on their feet as they recognize what could be seconds away. Eckhart turns to all four sides of the crowd before planting back and planting Lennon with the EDT (DDT)! Lennon stands on the top of her head for a second or two before falling to the mat. Eckhart turns over and makes the cover.

ONE!
TWO!
THREE!

The crowd cheers when “Outlet” hits the speakers.

J.A. Aldridge: Ladies and gentlemen, the winner of this contest, ARIA ECKHART!!!

The cheers continue as Eckhart gets her arm raised in victory.

Kris Cruise: Aria Eckhart has done it! She’s found through the mind games of Piper Lennon. She fought through the physical fight that Lennon brought to this match and walked away the winner!