Submit your ideas.

Moderator: Global Moderators

Ninjas need an attack skill

Raidon
Bull Fighter
Raidon
Bull Fighter

08 Jan 2009, 10:07 #1

Ninjas need some sort of shitty attack skill. I don't know. Non-ammo consuming throwing knives that do less damage than actual throwing weapons. I don't care if it blows and it is useless for anything besides monster pulling, but ninjas need an attack skill. Besides back stab. Back stab doesn't count because you don't get it until you dump millions of exp into your profs, and then it's less useful than it could be until you dump millions of exp into profing it

Seriously give them an attack skill.

Garral
Vampire Hunter
Garral
Vampire Hunter

08 Jan 2009, 10:10 #2

It's called 'weapon prof'.

Maybe you've heard of it.
Valentia
Arcadian @ Jan 30 2009, 09:59 PM wrote: Do any of you have a of your own? It looks like you all just used my collectively, and then pat each other on the back afterwords. I'm glad I stopped hanging out on Ventrillo, or else I would have ended up a tool as well.

I get the joke though, but fail to understand why it makes sense inside

Raidon
Bull Fighter
Raidon
Bull Fighter

08 Jan 2009, 10:12 #3

It's called "ninjas do not have an attack skill". Do other classes have attack skills? Yes they do. Would it be nice if ninjas had one? Yes it would. Do I play a ninja? No I don't.

Quinto
Earth Destroyer
Quinto
Earth Destroyer

08 Jan 2009, 10:15 #4

They need a strength spell. Yay rage!

Swift Strike sucks.

no obvious structural damage to kayak
giggity goo

infernoflame4
Imp Fodder
infernoflame4
Imp Fodder

08 Jan 2009, 10:41 #5

ya but ninjas have other good quailtys like there stealth and there speed

Raidon
Bull Fighter
Raidon
Bull Fighter

08 Jan 2009, 10:57 #6

Ninjas are good at running away, yes. Does running away help you kill people? Not all that much.

The Evil Green Ranger
Fire Fighter

08 Jan 2009, 10:59 #7

Is backstab not an attack skill?
BACK TO ACTION

Raidon
Bull Fighter
Raidon
Bull Fighter

08 Jan 2009, 11:03 #8

Does backstab require 10 million EXP before getting? Yes. Do offensive skills of other classes require 10 million EXP before getting? No.

Garral
Vampire Hunter
Garral
Vampire Hunter

08 Jan 2009, 11:23 #9

Raidon @ Jan 8 2009, 07:03 AM wrote: Does backstab require 10 million EXP before getting? Yes. Do offensive skills of other classes require 10 million EXP before getting? No.
That's because a Ninja's basic offensive ability to attack very quickly results in a high damage output.

Translation: They don't need "attack" skills to offput low DPS. They have high enough normal attack power to warrant no need of one, considering the role they're meant to fill.

The physical counterpart of a Red Wizard, Ninja are really more or less there to support the party, and should require pumping EXP to actually get the more specialized damage types.

Also Mug and Backstab are singlehandedly the most awesome offensive skills in the game.
Valentia
Arcadian @ Jan 30 2009, 09:59 PM wrote: Do any of you have a of your own? It looks like you all just used my collectively, and then pat each other on the back afterwords. I'm glad I stopped hanging out on Ventrillo, or else I would have ended up a tool as well.

I get the joke though, but fail to understand why it makes sense inside

Raidon
Bull Fighter
Raidon
Bull Fighter

08 Jan 2009, 11:30 #10

I never said they need more attack power. ever. They do need something though.

They're built for PvP, but aren't the flat out best at it.

They are the worst class at PvE.

They're mediocre, and bad. They need something.

Backstab is cool, but if they survive and drop a hi-potion, it is failure, because you can't backstab while in combat. If a monster happens to spawn while you've moving, you fail at backstab becaues you are automatically sent to battle mode.

And mug strikes with one weapon for no bonus damage. How is that useful for the killing of things?