Words that translate to " R E L A P S E"

Joanne Gold

12 Jul 2006, 11:04 #11

ImageA good read to bring up...the last two days I've seen the terms "cave" and "slip" on the boards....
"No matter which word a person chooses to try to explain his or her relapse, the end result will be the same--the person is once again under total control of a drug that will rob him or her of his or her health and eventually, his or her life."
Last edited by Joanne Gold on 23 Oct 2009, 11:28, edited 2 times in total.

ANGELINA F

16 Apr 2007, 05:33 #12

This is good...sometimes I find my self saying some of these words and I have to catch myself

-Angelina

Nicotine Free for 15 days :)

Sal GOLD.ffn

27 Oct 2007, 08:42 #13

When your brain starts trying to convince you...just override it with these words: Never Take Another Puff.
No debate!

Just the words that we nicotine addicts need to always remember: Never Take Another Puff. Words to live by. Image
For most of us the quality and length of our lives depends on maintaining our freedom and healing.

Never Take Another Puff.

JoeJFree Gold

17 Jun 2008, 07:53 #14

Last edited by JoeJFree Gold on 23 Oct 2009, 11:31, edited 1 time in total.

Gump19690

23 Aug 2008, 21:14 #15

Don't get "setback"

Sal GOLD.ffn

18 Nov 2008, 06:39 #16

Words that translate to continuing freedom from active drug addiction: Never take another puff. Image
Last edited by Sal GOLD.ffn on 23 Oct 2009, 11:32, edited 1 time in total.

Joel Spitzer

28 Jan 2009, 23:23 #17

I noticed some of the posts on this recovery board have not been viewed by any member since we moved our site. This post had no views yet. Now it is possible that new members are reading the materials at www.whyquit.com which is great. There are however numerous articles that we had at the old MSN board and now also at this new site that are not at the www.whyquit.com website. I will try to pop a few up a day for new members, but I do encourage people first joining to to through the boards that we have set up here and read through the articles. The more you read and understand, the more prepared you will be when encountering awkward times such as finding a pack or other kinds of unexpected triggers to stick to your personal commitment to never take another puff. Joel

Johnnie

01 Sep 2010, 17:23 #18

Now I'm really confused.  I accessed the boards through, I guess, the old WhyQuit address.  Could you please clarify the difference between that and fnn.yuku?  I'd like to make sure that I'm accessing all materials available. Thank you. 
Gratefully Gold

I escaped from the prison of smoking on August 14, 2010.  
[font]The best revenge is quitting well![/font] 

Chipits GOLD.FreedomFromTobaccoQuitSmokingNow

01 Sep 2010, 20:15 #19

Hi Johnnie,

In a nutshell, the original Freedom forums were hosted by MSN. When they no longer were going to host any forums, Yuku was chosen as the new host site for Freedom forums, diaries etc. If you want to read some of the old threads and posts, they are archived in the section at the bottom of the Freedom home page.>>>  (http://ffn.yuku.com/forum...s-22-Message-Boards.html )  It was a massive undertaking by some dedicated people last year to transfer the information, and some of the original forum communications from the MSN host site were archived here at Yuku. (read only). Although you may run across some rather interesting posts/diaries/experiences, rest assured, you really are missing zip in order to maintain your quit. WhyQuit.com itself has remained the wonderful web site it is. Hope this is helpful.
Here is what John wrote last year: (from the thread: http://ffn.yuku.com/topic/23200/t/Freed ... tml?page=1 )
The Move
Well, as MSN's closing date neared we settled on a new host, Yuku, and began building "Freedom from Nicotine." At Yuku we could control advertising to a major degree (by buying it off) but lost our "All Topics" board which allowed members to follow all activity on all 22 message boards by looking at a single board. Migration of 346,941 old MSN posts to Yuku appeared to be an impossible task and it was. But Yuku was the best migration offered by any host. Sadly a number of our old MSN boards had grown so large that some were simply too big, old and tangled to capture. This Yuku support message board thread documents our frustrations and stuggle to move threads here to our new home before MSN pulled the plug.

Prior to MSN's Feburary 2009 shutdown we worked hard replacing as many images in migrated threads as time permitted. Once MSN pulled the plug all old MSN based images disappeared and links within migrated threads no longer functioned. Frankly, we will spend the next year or so repairing as many threads as time permits. In most cases we have no way of knowing what image went with what post, so we simply delete old HTML image box codes but in some cases we do!

Our thinking with the new site was to broaden focus to Freedom from all forms of nicotine delivery, not just smoking or tobacco. With scores of new nicotine products hitting the streets, if we follow the nicotine we'll continue hitting the problem head-on.

We thank each of you for your patience and cooperation this past half year. We know the site isn't yet as user friendly as our old home but continue working to make it so. All suggestions are truly appreciated. If you are an old still nicotine-free member from MSN who has not yet joined us here we'd love to have you!!! Oh, at the top of our main page is a link entitled This link allows you to view all new messages posted during the past 24 hours . It's a search work-around that does a fair job at imitating our old "All Topics" message board as it shows all recent posts to all boards.

Whether here or there, there was always only one rule ... no nicotine today!

Breathe deep, hug hard, live long,

John (Gold x10)
Keep up your awesome quit Johnnie! Knowledge and NTAP - best relapse prevention on the planet!

Wendy -Imagequit date-July 7th, 2006

Johnnie

02 Sep 2010, 16:49 #20

This thread has led me to think about words in general and success versus relapse.  Words are things, as they say, and if I refer to possible relapse as a 'booboo' or a 'temporary slip', I'm certainly courting disaster.  On the other hand, if I think of a possible relapse as "an absolute betrayal of everything I've worked for, everything I believe and everyone I've been privileged to join on this great site"...well, relapse hardly seems like such a No Big Deal.

The flipside of the coin is this:  if I think about an anxiety or crave attack as 'overwhelming' or 'too much for me', I'm also courting disaster.  If I think of these as 'passing inconveniences they everybody goes through', suddenly they're doable.  If my discomfort seems 'unfair', I might remember a beloved Hollywood actor, rich almost beyond belief, who's recently been diagnosed with Stage IV cancer of the throat...stricken just as cruelly as any unknown victim whose death we've read of on this site.

By the day, I'm coming to choose my words with much more care.
Gratefully Gold

I escaped from the prison of smoking on August 14, 2010.  
[font]The best revenge is quitting well![/font]