Why we must never take another puff

JoeJFree Gold

20 Jul 2008, 10:09 #71

Joel

14 Sep 2008, 22:15 #72

I saw a post yesterday referring to the concept that many of our members and readers have had past quits and thus past relapses.

From above:

Do we have members who have lost quits in the past? Sure we do, here are my of them talking about it. But they know that things are different now--not because their current quits are longer than their past one, for they are clearly not. It is different now because they understand addiction this time around--they clearly know what they are fighting. They are not fighting a million cigarettes, a thousand, a case of cigarettes, a carton, a pack or even just one cigarette. They are fighting a puff and the battle line is drawn clearly in the sand for them. They could blow this quit whenever they want or they can stay successfully smoke free as long as they stay one hundred percent committed to never take another puff!

The best way to read this thread is to hit the ImageFirst option at the bottom of the page and read through the early messages in the string.

Joel

15 Sep 2008, 05:54 #73

From above:

Do we have members who have lost quits in the past? Sure we do, here are my of them talking about it. But they know that things are different now--not because their current quits are longer than their past one, for they are clearly not. It is different now because they understand addiction this time around--they clearly know what they are fighting. They are not fighting a million cigarettes, a thousand, a case of cigarettes, a carton, a pack or even just one cigarette. They are fighting a puff and the battle line is drawn clearly in the sand for them. They could blow this quit whenever they want or they can stay successfully smoke free as long as they stay one hundred percent committed to never take another puff!

JoeJFree Gold

18 Nov 2008, 13:35 #74

"I have written often that what really shows the addictive nature of
nicotine is not how hard it is to get off of it,
but rather how easy it is to go back after a quit."
Joel

The best way to read this thread is to hit the ImageFirst option at the bottom of the page and read through the early messages in the string.
Last edited by JoeJFree Gold on 23 Feb 2011, 19:01, edited 1 time in total.