RobinS614
RobinS614

October 18th, 2007, 7:29 pm #26

in celebration of Joseph Savastano (aka forza d'animo) who celebrated his 3rd nicotine free trip around the old fireball.
Congratulations on Gold x 3 Joseph !!

starbirder.ffn
starbirder.ffn

October 18th, 2007, 9:46 pm #27

CONGRATS ON GOLD X3-THANKS FOR HELPING

"One concept that helped me was to learn not to dwell on idea of a cigarette - Acknowledge the crave and then continue on with the task at hand. Often we don't realize that we are fixating on the idea of smoking. Joseph 320 days - 8/29/2005"

Star - Free and Healing for 96 days and enjoying life without using nicotine
Last edited by starbirder.ffn on July 24th, 2009, 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

RobinS614
RobinS614

January 3rd, 2008, 6:43 pm #28

Related reading.....
Patience
Baby steps
One day at a time
Last edited by RobinS614 on December 19th, 2009, 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KatieDidIt1999
KatieDidIt1999

January 7th, 2008, 2:34 am #29

I remember how much this post of Josephs helped me when I was nearing my first week nicotine free. Humor can work wonders.
Kat
2 years and some

Just Hannes
Just Hannes

April 17th, 2008, 11:54 am #30

Maybe a better question is: when will discomfort go away?
Comfort = life. Strange but true.

The moment you can run or climb stairs and talk to someone without grasping for air?
The moment your (grand)children kiss you?
The moment you enjoy a meal?
The moment you don't spent money on a drug?
The moment you smell the garbage of your neighbors?

The moment you die?

There's normal life and there is discomfort because you smoke.

There's one great thing: discomfort does go away.

Frits (gold+)

JoeJFree Gold
JoeJFree Gold

August 28th, 2008, 1:48 am #31

The further I get from my last puff, the more precious each day becomes because I never want to experience withdrawl again, not for 3 days nor for the 30 seconds it took me to pull a cigarette from the box in my breast pocket, pack it on my thumb nail and spark it up.
- Joseph forza d'animo

Comfort? You don't find it, it finds you. Patience, Commitment, Forgiveness...yes those all help. But if you give yourself sufficient time to heal and regain your natural blood chemistry AND believe that life is better lived without the omnipresent influence of an addictive chemical altering your brain chemistry and moods....well you can't stop it, you'll become a comfortable ex-smoker. Just might take a little extra time. Well worth waiting for. NTAP!

JoeJ Free for 1325

johnnynonic
johnnynonic

January 2nd, 2009, 10:09 pm #32

Related reading.....
Patience
Baby steps
One day at a time
Last edited by johnnynonic on December 19th, 2009, 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.