when should low blood sugar symptom ease or end

Physical healing of the body and mind

when should low blood sugar symptom ease or end

balto

14 Jul 2009, 13:30 #1

For 30 years I rarely eat breakfast and my lunch don't start till 1 or 2pm. Now into my 7th day of quitting and I'm constantly have to find something to eat to fight the effect that low blood sugar have on me. Lucky I saw that post about low blood sugar, if not I may not have make it this far. Now I'm love to know when do my body adjust to the "new" me and let me live live with 3 normal meals and give me none of those low blood sugar symptoms? Before my life is revolve around ciggarrette. Now it is revolve around food. I have to constantly remind myself to eat and drink this and that or I'm going to pass out. Thanks for any input.
Balto
suffering in Baltimore

Joe J free

14 Jul 2009, 16:15 #2

The adjustment that we go through when we decide we are through with nicotine controlling our lives is short in comparison to how long we get to enjoy the benefits of truly living our life free. Here are some things that may help you to manage your recovery and find you own sense of normalcy as your body and brain adjust to being nicotine free - as they were designed to be.

Advice for new members - The 1st 72 hours and more
Welcome! We've been waiting on you!
This is Post# 3 in this article by John Polito, the founder of WhyQuit and one of the founders of Freedom From Nicotine:

Did you ever notice how as nicotine users we could skip breakfast or even lunch and not experience hunger pains? It's because each puff of nicotine acted as a spoon, releasing adrenaline which in turn instantly pumped stored fats and sugars into our bloodstream. All we needed to do was eat an extra big meal at the end of each day and then use nicotine to release those stored calories back into our body.

Now, stop and think what happens when you end nicotine use. Yes, if we fail to eat breakfast and lunch we may add many of the symptoms of low blood sugar (inability to concentrate, shakes, irritability, anxiety, cravings) to our nicotine withdrawal experience, making it far far more challenging than it needed to be. We don't need to eat any additional calories but instead learn to spread our normal daily calorie intake out more evenly over our entire day. The more stable we keep our blood sugar the calmer we'll be.

Eat little, healthy and often. Fruits and vegetables are excellent recovery companions. In fact, unless diabetic or your physician counsels otherwise, we recommend some form of natural fruit juice for the first three days to help stabilize blood sugar and accelerate removal of nicotine from the bloodstream (nicotine is an alkaloid and juices are highly acidic). Cranberry juice is excellent. But be sure and trade juices for raw fruits after the first 72 hours as juices are highly concentrated doses of natural fruit and can quickly add extra pounds.

Joe J Free - GOLD a nicotine addict who stopped inhaling nicotine 4 years, 6 months, 4 days, 1 hour and 59 minutes (1646 days) ago.

I've decided not to ingest 44444 deadly doses and saved $11,421.86 in my 'Freedom Dividend' account.
I've reclaimed 308 days, 15 hours and 22 minutes of my life, the best part of this gift I give to myself each and every day I choose to NTAP!
Last edited by Joe J free on 14 Jul 2009, 16:53, edited 2 times in total.

balto

14 Jul 2009, 21:04 #3

Thanks for your advise, I will read all those articles you recommended.
I have to force myself to eat breakfast and more snack in between meals. I thought we would love to eat once we quit. I have to really push myself to eat. I don't find any food smell good at all. They all smell strong. There also is a funny taste in my mouth all the time. Oh well, I guess all this will get better with time too.
Once again, thank you JoeJFree

balto

24 Jul 2009, 13:10 #4

I was the coffee JoejFree. I stop drinking coffee on my 2nd quit week and got all these coffee withdrawal symptoms (headache, nervous, tired...) . Before it was 2 cups everyday, now I went back to 1 cup a day and those symptoms slowly went away. Thanks.