Halfway to Green.

BJC
BJC

3:26 AM - Mar 20, 2009 #1

I have been quit for 2 Weeks, I have added 1 Day, 12 hours and 25 minutes to my life. I feel like a whole new person. I have more confidence now. I don't have all that guilt weighing me down. I now carry around a much lighter (in comparison) pride of accomplishment. I have had opportunities to share with others about how I was able to quit. Some of my family members are in disbelief, but they'll come around! I just want to say I FEEL GOOD. My only regret is not having quit sooner. Now, I'm gonna just daydream for a bit about what I'm gonna do with that extra day of my life. I'm very fortunate, as all us quitters are. Thankyou Freedom Members for all the support. I couldn't have done it without you!

ThePanster
ThePanster

1:01 AM - Mar 22, 2009 #2

Every day of Freedom is a celebration, and two weeks of Freedom is fantastic! Good for you! Just remember to NTAP, and you'll be GREEN before you know it!

I have been free for 1 Month, 3 Weeks, 3 Days, 23 hours and 31 minutes (52 days). I have saved $141.05 by not smoking 794 cigarettes. I have saved 6 Days, 1 hour and 34 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 1/27/2009 9:30 PM

BJC
BJC

5:36 AM - Mar 22, 2009 #3

What a beautiful rainbow and butterflies! Thank you! Your encouragement definately brightened my day.

11:58 AM - Mar 22, 2009 #4

Hello BJC:

Don't worry about your family members being in disbelief. You may find reading through this thread helpful:

When did people start to take your quit seriously?

Here is a commentary from that thread:

I saw where a couple of members have made a point of saying that this quit is for them so that others taking the quit serious is not important. They are right in this assessment, whether other people take your quit serious or not is not important to your success. What is important is that you take it serious.

But there is one side benefit to quitting that this issue does touch upon. There are smokers around you, possibly family members or friends who still think that quitting is impossible. They may feel that when a person who smoked like just them tries to quit, that they will eventually fail because that is just the way it is supposed to be.

Your quit just may help in shaking up this illusion that they have. When a smoker starts to realize that you did quit and also recognize that you are intent on staying off, it may very well stir something inside of him or her that maybe there is hope for him or her too. Even non-smokers around you may be using you as an example to help another smoker they know.

So yes, your quit is for you and you are the primary benefactor of the benefits. But don't be surprised if just maybe one day someone else close to you quits and tells you that your success helped influenced him or her. That person too then will be the primary benefactor of his or her quit, and both of you will be able to be shining examples for others of how staying smoke free is as simple as staying committed to never take another puff!

Joel

Related videos:

Video Title Dial Up High Speed MP3 Length Created
Telling others that you have quit smoking 2.53mb 7.58mb 4.07mb 08:57 10/17/06
Talking to others about not smoking 5.60mb 16.8mb 6.92mb 15:13 11/19/06
Dealing with people who try to undercut your quit 6.52mb 19.5mb 8.05mb 17:42 11/12/06

BJC
BJC

5:47 AM - Mar 23, 2009 #5

Right, again, Joel. My fiance is watching intently as I quit. At first, he was surprised, then proud and now he's wandering how I was able to do it. I'm happy I'll be able to really help him when he's ready to quit. Oh, I don't fret over the non-believers. I'm just more determined to prove them wrong! Anyway, thanks again for the reading and video suggestions. I have been quit for 2 Weeks and 3 Days, I have saved $79.63 by not smoking 530 cigarettes. I have added 1 Day, 20 hours and 10 minutes to my life.

2:42 PM - Mar 24, 2009 #6

Congratulations BJC! Sounds like you're doing just fine! One of the most important lessons of all is that we have only arrested our dependency, trading places with it, and will be on probation for the balance of life. At first blush this sounds harsh but we promise, eventuall, knowing exactly what it takes to stay free, and the jailor instead of the prisioner, becomes deeply comforting.

There was always only one rule, BJC, but it took me 30 years to locate Joel and learn it ... no nicotine today, none!

Breathe deep, hug hard, live long,

John (Gold x9)

insaneirishgirl1
insaneirishgirl1

6:22 PM - Apr 01, 2009 #7

I have been quit for 29 days now, I feel so much better, I just joined freedom this week, but I have been using this website for the entire time, I am thankful for all the tools and information and people.. congrats to all of you on your success....