ANGELINA'S GOLD CELEBRATION

Angelina Gold
Angelina Gold

1:12 PM - Jun 04, 2003 #1

Hello my wonderful FREEDOM family.
I am so sorry to have been a stranger. I have been completly without internet for AGES.
Well, my gold milestone wasn't anywhere near the big fanfare who-har celebration I thought it would be. It was on the 3rd of May and while I remembered and gave myself a pat on the back, I just really got on with the job of staying quit one day at a time through this life journey of healing. I am still having regular panic attacks about the fact it may be too late (ie already having lung cancer etc) which frighten me but also act as a good reminder.
There is an ad on the television in Australia at the moment where a 42 year old woman talks about the fact she was quit for two years, took a puff because she was BORED and now she is waiting to die of lung cancer..........I look at her every time and think you poor woman - if only you had of known about FREEDOM.
Life has been interesting to say the least in the past few months. Break ups, property settlements, being made redundant at work and my mum being diagnosed with breast cancer to give some indication..............The only reason I mention this is to reassure the newbies (and us oldbies I guess) that you DO get to a stage where you can have your life seemingly completely collapse and NOT take a filthy death stick.
Anyway - enough rambling.
I miss you guys and think of my wonderful freedom family every day.
All my love to you all and eternal thanks to Joel and John as always
Angelina ..................GOLD
xxx

Lena SILVER
Lena SILVER

1:39 PM - Jun 04, 2003 #2

Congratulations on Gold Angelina!!! This is huge. I am sorry about your health and I pray it improves. Keep at it one day at a time and I would like to add that you are an inspiration and you deserve more than a pat on the back. Please do something special for yourself if possible. You deserve it!! Lena 5 month+

A Golden Snip
A Golden Snip

1:44 PM - Jun 04, 2003 #3

Hi Angelina
It's time to celebrate your one year of FREEDOM.
Gold
CONGRATULATIONS
You're an inspiration
Snip
Seven months, four days, 38 minutes and 24 seconds. 4536 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,858.08. Life saved: 2 weeks, 1 day, 18 hours, 0 minutes.

Eileen D GOLD
Eileen D GOLD

1:46 PM - Jun 04, 2003 #4

Congratulations Angelina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One year, one month, two days, 21 hours, 5 minutes and 20 seconds. 11966 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,794.95. Life saved: 5 weeks, 6 days, 13 hours, 10 minutes.

GeorgieGirl GOLD
GeorgieGirl GOLD

1:57 PM - Jun 04, 2003 #5

Hi Angelina! You may have been a stranger for a bit ... but WOW - you have come back GOLD! I feel for the problems you are experiencing in your life at this time ... but like you said - your world can be collapsing around you and you do not need to choose to take a death stick thinking it will make things right or help in any way. You are one brave quitter Angelina - gold through and through. Your reassurance has and will be noted by many I am sure. One whole year of being free from nicotine .... you are an amzing human being to have accomplished this! Love and hugs.

Georgia

Claira Silver
Claira Silver

2:54 PM - Jun 04, 2003 #6

Congratulations Angelina on Gold!
It looks as though you have really been tested during your quit - but you've proved it is doable no matter what life throws your way.
You are an inspiration!
YQS Claire - Two months, two weeks, four days, 7 hours, 56 minutes and 28 seconds. 1586 cigarettes not smoked, saving £317.16. Life saved: 5 days, 12 hours, 10 minutes.

Shinelady Gold3282003
Shinelady Gold3282003

6:04 PM - Jun 04, 2003 #7

Angelina
is
Beautifully Gold!!!
Angelina, so glad you were able to come and share your gold milestone with us. It sounds as though you have had a very rough year. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care of yourself and hug that quit tight. You've done a marvelous job, so far.
yqs, sue
Two months, six days, 12 hours, 9 minutes and 5 seconds. 2700 cigarettes not smoked, saving $389.95. Life saved: 1 week, 2 days, 9 hours, 0 minutes.

BillW Gold.ffn
BillW Gold.ffn

6:14 PM - Jun 04, 2003 #8

Wow,
Angelina is Gold!!!
fireworks time!
She of the Blue Balloons has kept her quit through some of the worst challenges life can (and will) offer. Congratulations, quit sister, and I offer my prayers that things improve for you from here.
YQB BillW One year, three months, three weeks, five days, 21 hours, 14 minutes and 6 seconds. 14426 cigarettes not smoked, saving $2,849.00. Life saved: 7 weeks, 1 day, 2 hours, 10 minutes.

TimL SILVER
TimL SILVER

7:31 PM - Jun 04, 2003 #9

Way to go on your gold ! ! Yes lifr still has it's ups and downs as non smokers, But the bad could be worse, and the good not as good if we used old sick nic. Enjoy your smoke free life

another one of your quit friends

Six months, three weeks, three days, 19 hours, 23 minutes and 55 seconds. 4116 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,028.83. Life saved: 2 weeks, 7 hours, 0 minutes.

Tim

SweetLorraine Gold
SweetLorraine Gold

8:36 PM - Jun 04, 2003 #10

Welcome to the Gold Club Angelina,

Huge congratulations on your first year of Freedom plus a month plus a week! Enjoy your celebration and continue to celebrate your quit. Here's hoping that the rest of your life improves to match your golden quit.

yqf

Lorraine Gold Club

SandyBob GOLD
SandyBob GOLD

9:00 PM - Jun 04, 2003 #11

Angelina is GOLD! Congratulations.

So glad you could stop by and celebrate with us.

I am sorry life is throwing a lot of challenges your way - but you came through nic-free. Stay strong and committed.

Take care of yourself and

Best Wishes -

SandyBob
11months+

Parker GOLD
Parker GOLD

9:07 PM - Jun 04, 2003 #12

What a treat to sign on this morning and see your GOLD announcement!
Huge congratulations to you!
What a gift you've given yourself to hold tight to your quit in the midst of tough stuff to bear.
May you be showered with blessings as your journey continues.

Take care,
Parker - 11++++ months

"I just really got on with the job of staying quit one day at a time through this life journey of healing."

MareBear GOLD
MareBear GOLD

10:25 PM - Jun 04, 2003 #13

Hi Angelina and Congratulations! We've missed you here. Glad to know you're doing so well and that your gold milestone was just another smoke-free day. That's a good thing!

Wish they had scary ads like that here in the states. It might wake more people up to the reality that it can and might happen to them.

Congratulations again on GOLD! Hope you'll be able to visit again soon!

YQS
MareBear

The Gold Club

jdinkcmoGOLD
jdinkcmoGOLD

10:44 PM - Jun 04, 2003 #14

Major congratulations on your Gold achievement, Angelina. What an inspiration you are to those of us behind you. In the face of a bunch of life circumstances, you prove to all of us that we can manage without nicotine. Thanks for sharing with us. yqs, JD

Judy has been nic free for: 4 Months 2 Weeks 4 Days 7 Hours 32 Minutes and has NOT smoked 6314 smelly cigs, for a grand $$$ savings of $1,057.62 plus life of Freedom extended by: 3 Weeks 22 Hours 10 Minutes.

DubiouslyDos
DubiouslyDos

10:50 PM - Jun 04, 2003 #15

Well....THERE you are!!

Congratulations Angelina on your beautiful GOLD milestone and one year anniversary.
I'm so glad to see your post this morning! Like you my life has been rather tough this last year... but we didn't give in to our old thoughts and return to our nicotine addiction.

Glad to see another cold turkey quitter still kickin' (gasp, I'm soooo sorry, I couldn't resist the pun)

Dos (Indubitably)
I have been quit for 1 Year, 1 Week, 4 Days, 23 hours, 46 minutes and 16 seconds (376 days). I have saved $1,696.45 by not smoking 11,309 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Month, 1 Week, 1 Day, 6 hours and 25 minutes of my life.

kito40 Gold
kito40 Gold

10:56 PM - Jun 04, 2003 #16

ANGELINA!!!! My dear Quit Sister, I have missed you!
Congratulations on Gold!
I'm sorry to hear about the trouble in your life, but hang on girl it can only get better. I'm still doing the chemo thing here, will be done mid July and hopefully cancer free. So take care and don't be so scarce!
One year, two months, three weeks, six days, 22 hours, 8 minutes and 52 seconds.
And way too educated about my addiction to ever take another puff!

StepperM
StepperM

11:16 PM - Jun 04, 2003 #17

Congratulations on your wonderful Gold achievement!!

A truly inspirational post, Angelina!

Freegirl
I have been free from nicotine for 1 Month 4 Weeks 13 Hours 16 Minutes 44 Seconds!

Toast GOLD
Toast GOLD

11:32 PM - Jun 04, 2003 #18

Congratulations Angelina and Welcome to GOLD!!!
You are 100% right when you say smoking a cigarette just doesn't seem to be the first (or 100th!) thing that comes to mind when confronting stresses in our lives.
Melissa
24 months

Golddabler1
Golddabler1

2:10 AM - Jun 05, 2003 #19

Hi angelina the wheels of time tick over slowly and before you know it you are gold,don,t worry about it being too late you stopped a year ago and you have enjoyed that year smoke free and away from that slavery.
Rickdabler 2 months 3 weeks 5 days 15hrs happily nicotine free.

OBob Gold
OBob Gold

3:32 AM - Jun 05, 2003 #20

Had to come in here.... always loved the balloons! Congratulations on your golden anniversary, Angelina. I hope the next year brings better times.

YQB,

Bob

Slycat
Slycat

3:33 AM - Jun 05, 2003 #21

Hello Angelina:

It doesn't really matter how long you have been gone, I remember you like it was only yesterday. I remember the day you joined and I remember everything about you... you were always a huge inspiration to everybody here at Freedom...you were always fast to help out the newbies and give them excellent advice. I didn't know you had so much on your plate but I am sure you have become a much stronger person because of it. And in your post, you have proved to everybody here that it doesn't matter what goes wrong in your life, a cancer stick will not help you in any way but only make more problems for you down the road...

So on your special Day I'd like to say CONGRATUALTIONS ON YOUR GOLDEN MOMENT.... You deserve it more than anything and you have definatly earned it!!!

Welcome to the Gold ClubAngelina!!!!!

Judy

---
1year 1month 1week 5days 7:17 smoke-free, 20,372 cigs not smoked, $6,111.60 saved, 2m 1w 3d 17:40 life saved

Kiwi Gone GOLD
Kiwi Gone GOLD

3:57 PM - Jun 05, 2003 #22

G'day Angelina
Congratulations on your
GOLDING
When the going gets tough, then the tough get going. You've done so well to meet all these additional challenges without resorting to taking a puff.
Proud of you!
yqs Barb

janetd GOLD
janetd GOLD

4:17 AM - Jun 06, 2003 #23

Congratulations, Angelina! And Welcome to the Gold Club! I had pretty much the same reaction to my one year anniversary as you. One Day at a Time forever. It has become so fully integrated into our psyches that the novelty lessens. It's how we live now. It's who we are now. I think that's a good thing. And to remember/never forget where we came from, and the power that nicotine once had over us. I will always respect that. It's good to hear from you! Keep in touch!

yqs, Janet :)
One Year Six Months +

richard This is It GOLD
richard This is It GOLD

6:29 AM - Jun 07, 2003 #24

YOU GO TIGER !!!!
Apologies, Angelina, I'm very late on this.... but many congratulations on your goldening..... are you going to dye your balloons ???
richard