Starshinegrl Gold
Starshinegrl Gold

May 25th, 2005, 2:10 am #26

Ooooops ... I've just learnt another lesson ...

I am so sorry, Melissa, that I got your name confused with another Melissa ... I just had a look at how your party is going on and Carol's message made me check the post I mentioned again and it wasn't you on the bathroom floor.

So I thought I'better apologise to you and the other Melissa for this. The only explanation I can come up with is that I must still be in a mental fog!

Seriously, though: I said that post has helped me and others a lot and I mean it. I also meant it when I said that you keep inspiring so many of us and are still around for all of us.

I hope you accept my sincere apologies! Still:
Happy Fourth Year Anniversary to You!!!!
Congratulations!!!!
You most certainly ROCK!!!!

BushCreekDudeGoldX4
BushCreekDudeGoldX4

May 25th, 2005, 2:46 am #27

Awesome Melissa. Congrats on 4 years of being nicotine free.
Bob
I have chosen not to give in to my junkie thoughts and inhale 4000+ chemical compounds and 43 known carcinogens into my lungs for 1 Year 10 Months 2 Weeks 3 Days 18 Hours 46 Minutes 1 Second. Cigarettes not smoked: 13755. Money saved: $3,438.91.
Life gained back to share with future grandchildren 3 Mos 6 Days 12 Hrs 36 Mins 23 Secs
YESSSSSS!!!!!!

IrishLotus GOLD
IrishLotus GOLD

May 25th, 2005, 11:30 pm #28

((((Melissa))))!!!!

I am here so very little these days that I almost missed another good quit friend's special day. SO, I may be a little late, but I am also a LOT proud. Proud to call you quit sis, and proud I have had the opportunity to follow in your QUADRUPLE GOLDEN footsteps since the very beginning. You have been an inspiration to me Toast and I am so pleased to be able to take part in your celebration. Way to go quit sis! And thanks for the lightbulbs!

Sincerely,
Mary Kate

Free and very gratefully healing 2 Years, 8 Months, 9 Hours and 27 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 101 Days and 11 Hours, by avoiding the use of 29232 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $7,608.57.

John Gold
John Gold

May 26th, 2005, 8:58 am #29

From: Toast (GOLD!!) (Original Message) Sent: 6/23/2001 10:44 AM
Look no further!!!
After 20 years and never trying before, I've been quit for a full month cold turkey!
I'm thrilled and proud to have made it this far - one month! And like subconscious clock-work, last night I dreamt that I smoked not 1 but 4 cigarettes and was furious with myself for breaking my quit after a month. I was furious also about the nasty taste in my mouth.
My quit has been a challenge, but not because I necessarily crave to smoke, but rather the healing process has been a humdinger. As I've mentioned before, I've had anxiety problems since puberty. Smoking dampened them somewhat. Quitting has made me a walking hair-trigger. I've been to all my support folks - MDs, acupuncturist, massage therapist, energy workers, counselor, etc. - so, I'm not floating alone. Still, I confess to times when I've felt really awful and thought, "If smoking a cigarette would make me feel normal again ...." But I would rather feel cruddy now in waves that I know will eventually diminish, than keep smoking and wonder when the other shoe might fall.
I know my experiences are not the norm, so I don't mean to scare anybody. I just have to be honest about it and let folks know every quit is different.
Thanks to everyone for being there!
:) Melissa
1 Month 11 Hours 44 Minutes 28 Seconds ago I decided to express how much I care about myself by putting down cigarettes. Since then, I have not smoked a potential 629 cigarettes, at a savings of $85.02.

You've come far, Melissa! Enjoy!

GoldenDivamom1972
GoldenDivamom1972

May 26th, 2005, 9:46 am #30

Melissa goes GoldX4...YEAH TOAST!!!!
Your posts continue to be a source of amusement and inspiration for me every day. When my quit grows up, it wants to be gold like you!
Blessings,
Amy--Bronze+Green
142 days

Parker GOLD
Parker GOLD

May 26th, 2005, 6:11 pm #31

Dear Lady, I am delighted you are so easy!

I hear ya....no "steady stream of congratulations" needed anymore. However, continuing to honor our healing selves and sharing the reality that this journey does lead to comfort are important, no?
Your comfort enriches mine and the circle goes round.
So, thanks for posting, m'dear.
Sending heapings of good wishes from me to you...

Pleased as punch to be sharing the road with you, Melissa!
Parker - 35 months

kattatonic1 gold4
kattatonic1 gold4

May 26th, 2005, 7:13 pm #32

To toast Toast, or not to toast Toast?
To toast Toast of course!
Melissa, it is an absolute pleasure to have an opportunity to celebrate your success! I don't get to pull out my $4 gold coins very often... yet! I've been enjoying and inspired by your posts now for, oh, about 17 months! Your anniversary post is thus the same. I see where I'm headed. Never forget where you've been. We love you here! Celebrate! Congratulations!

Kay (Gold)

liftevryvoice
liftevryvoice

May 27th, 2005, 8:13 am #33

Congratulations Melissa!!!!
Hold on to that quit...We need to hear what 4 years and more are about...
I think you're the lady with the phrase that you will as likely smoke again when:
Monica - Free and Healing for Three Months, Five Days, 10 Hours and 3 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 6 Days and 13 Hours, by avoiding the use of 1888 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $663.51.

Caryfree45
Caryfree45

May 27th, 2005, 8:52 am #34

Many Congratulations Melissa !
It's a thrill to post congratulations for someone who has made the past 4 years at Freedom so memorable for so many. Not to mention that 4 years is an incredible accomplishment. Thanks for giving all of us a chance to celebrate with you. Here's to many more years of comfort to come.
YQF Cary - 115 days

Gormo Gold
Gormo Gold

May 27th, 2005, 9:09 am #35

Good Evening, Freedom! I'd like to say that I'm fashionably late, but, as my fashion sense is dubious at best, I must simply admit to being late.

I have been most fortunate to have shared Melissa's journey to Freedom for most of these last 48 months. I have seen an amazing flow of Quitters move through Freedom's entrance, learn the necessary skills and vanich into the distance, secure in their Quits. In the last 4 years, I've seen most every emotion, the soaring highs and the crushing lows as people post their celebrations and their struggles.

Freedom is such a vast landscape, that it would be very simple to become lost without people like my friend Toast. A clear vision, a level head and a sense of humor pay large dividends here. To stay here and help others achieve a nicotine free horizon is the hallmark of a most caring individual.

Congratulations on 4 years, Melissa, and thanks for helping me down the path. As I'm sure it is with others here, I'm proud to know ya.

Steve Freedom's Gold Club

Toast GOLD
Toast GOLD

May 27th, 2005, 10:19 am #36

Here's a good place to thank you all for your kind thoughts and pats on the back!

It seems like only yesterday I was searching frantically on the internet for any info I could find on withdrawal symptoms and what to expect when I found this wonderful place. It had been a week or 10 days after all, so why was I not feeling great??!!

It's a testimony to the wisdom & discipline of the managers here that the focus and honest, no-nonsense approach can touch so many lives so profoundly. My life most certainly included.

I've met so many delightful people here. Experienced & witnessed so many light bulb moments. Experienced so many genuine, heartfelt emotions. I've certainly laughed a great deal here too. We talk a lot about reading and education here, but the community is a key ingredient also. Not necessarily the personalities, which come and go, but the continuity of community, having a strong sense of where you are.

To all of you, I send out my warmest thanks and hugs back. I'm mighty proud to share the road with each of you!

Still rockin' and still not smokin' ...

Melissa
48 months

Joanne Gold
Joanne Gold

May 28th, 2005, 10:05 am #37

That's a whole lot of gravy.
Congratulations, Ms Toast.
Isn't it great, we are not getting older,
just golder.
Joanne

TiffQuit
TiffQuit

May 28th, 2005, 11:05 am #38

4 years smokefree is a really big accomplishment, Melissa, and you have every right to be proud.

Thank you for sticking around to show us newbies how it's done, that it CAN be done.

yqf,
Tiff

richard This is It GOLD
richard This is It GOLD

May 28th, 2005, 4:31 pm #39

and..... one from the memory banks...
How are those knickers ???

Charlee GOLD
Charlee GOLD

May 30th, 2005, 4:56 am #40

4 Treasure Chests for Melissa! AWESOME!!!!

Charlee
1yr, 12 days

Melissa777 Gold
Melissa777 Gold

June 3rd, 2005, 3:39 pm #41

Hey Melissa,

Glad you decided to post. I know I am late, real late responding to this post and I am sorry, but at the same time glad I at least caught it now. I wouldn't want to miss out on congratulating you on your wonderful achievements and thanking you for always being here to help others and to inspire. So, Melissa, Congratulations and thank you so very much. I take it as a true compliment that sometimes people mistake us for one another :-)
Sorry about the tardiness of this reply, but it is nonetheless truly heart felt.

The other Melissa, who is very happy at almost three years of freedom.