HELLO EVERYONE!

vinnydeeeeg
vinnydeeeeg

January 7th, 2009, 1:24 pm #1

Hey there my fellow quitting soldiers.
I believe this is what? I'm a little into day 5? I'm getting all confused because I finally quit at 7:11 pm on January 2nd, 2009. I know for a fact it was the best choice I have ever made. No way will I ever take another puff!

Before this quit I had a relapse after 5 and a half months of being free cold turkey. My relapse had lasted for about 3 weeks...Maybe a month...I honestly don't know how I came back to the top of climbing that slippery hole of nicotine addiction. I think this message board is a beautiful thing. I'm already feeling better. However, this time my quit brought on a horrible cold. It's like I'm coughing out everything I put into my lungs! I never experienced this one before but it certainly has knocked me off of my feet for the past few days.

Seth F
Seth F

January 7th, 2009, 4:19 pm #2

Hi,

Well done on getting through the first 5 days. I am half way through my sixth week, and it is starting to get a lot easier. Re your cold, maybe you do just actually have a cold? Either way I have stopped many many beforetimes in the past and can say with certainty that every quit is different.

Have you found the quit counter thingy yet? I have it set up on my homepage now and find it really motivational. Anyway keep on keeping on one day at a time. Oh yes and read, read and read some more, education is the key to freedom.

Seth.

Doc2474
Doc2474

January 7th, 2009, 9:26 pm #3

Hi
Congratulations on quitting once again.
Stick with it with the help provided by this site - read and learn!
Just take it one day at a time.

Regards

Doc

85 days

Horsehead 11
Horsehead 11

January 7th, 2009, 10:29 pm #4

Congrats on 5 days-that is huge. You will never have to go through this again if you never take another puff. Just keep reading reading reading. This site offers very honest people telling us how it works-that there will be rough times-and how to break the day down if needed. You are on the right track.
Peace
Jeff

JoeJFree Gold
JoeJFree Gold

January 7th, 2009, 11:39 pm #5

Hi Vinny,

Welcome to life free of nicotine and active dependency. You are in the initial stages of healing your body and recovering your right mind, so to speak. You are beginning to live again free of a foreign substance that required your constant attention to support active physical addiction. Read all you can here so as to learn what we are dealing with, true chemical addiciton to a naturally occuring substance, nicotine.
What you feel now as your body and brain adjust to no longer being poisoned and assualted by this harmful substance is not how it feels to be finally free from the constant drudgery that comes by having to support dependency.

You mention the cold. Chances are that you would have come down with that cold regardless of making the decision to set yourself free. My daughter is sick with flu right now, she is a non-smoker. I fought off a cold over the holidays and I have been free for nearly 4 years. I can only imagine that you already breathe better than you have in a long while. It's amazing how quickly the wheeze leaves and the elephant gets off your chest. By staying free you get better constantly. Active tobacco users can't claim to really feel that.

Here are some articles from the Freedom library that touch on some things in your post. Knowledge is the ultimate power in our effort to deal with our shared addiction. The truth will set you free Vinny if you apply the lessons learned here and for the rest of today refuse to allow nicotine into your body, blood and brain again. To stay free simply NTAP.

Welcome to Freedom & 72 Hours of Learning!
General warning about getting a cold or flu after quitting
Have you noticed some of these "lost" long-term quits?
The Power of Logic - Your Road To Healing - Welcome To Freedom

Joe J Free - GOLD - Free and Healing for Three Years, Eleven Months, Twenty Eight Days and 23 Minutes, while recapturing 273 Days and 9 Hours of my life by avoiding the use of 39366 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $10,037.36.

vinnydeeeeg
vinnydeeeeg

January 8th, 2009, 10:20 am #6

Thank you everyone!

aryeh36.ffn
aryeh36.ffn

January 9th, 2009, 10:56 am #7

Hi There vinnydeeeeq
Welcome.
We have been waiting for you.
Come and join us on the Freedom Train.
You will love it.
And you will never regret it.
Just one simple rule
No nicotine.
That's it.

You will be fine.
You have gotten over the worst.

Aryeh
230 days

Jazzeruni
Jazzeruni

January 10th, 2009, 10:30 am #8

Welcome Vinny
Glad to see you came to your senses and managed to find Freedom!

The hard part about quitting is already done. You made the decision to NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF. That's all there is to it. One day at a time, never take another puff. It will get easier. Read and learn.

I had quit before also and it took me over two years to get back out of it. You can never chance another puff. The nicotine monster is powerful if you let it get it's hook in you - DON'T. Never take another puff!

Nora - Free and Healing for Three Months, Eighteen Days, 23 Hours and 30 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 17 Days and 8 Hours.

eriley1
eriley1

January 11th, 2009, 7:17 am #9

Well done Vinny.
That hardest part is over.
It gets much easier from here on. Welcome aboard. keep swimming, jenna 244days

Melrose18
Melrose18

January 11th, 2009, 9:06 am #10

You go Vinny, Go!! NTAP! It is soooooooooooo possible!

Melrose, the ex-smoker
2 years, 4 months +++
Husband, 2 years ++a couple of days
Son, almost 2 years....Yeah!