Check in - unbelievable

Triin (GOLD)
Triin (GOLD)

October 24th, 2001, 3:58 am #1

Hi my Freedom friends!!!

I haven't posted for a long time. Today I suddenly noticed, that I had forgotten to notice that I reached 8 months a few days ago. That's the FIRST time it has happened!!! I have never forgotten my milestone. I think it's a good symptom

So, how am I doing? Just GREAT! It's amazing how different I feel compared to the beginning. It's so good to have a new life. Even my attitude towards people who are smoking has changed a lot. I have realized that I have started to (a little bit) think and feel like a real non-smoker. At the beginning of my quit I could easily symphatize/emphatise (sry for misspelling - I am still a simple Estonian, and English is not my mother tongue) with smokers. I knew when they wanted their fix, and I remembered how much they needed it!!! I could SO understand why they lit their cigarette. Now I find myself being annoyed by people who smoke!! I am starting to forget how important it is for them, and I find smoking irritating. You know, I have millions of AAAAHHHHH-s to forget, but I get a sense that I have conqured some part of them!

I still find it almost UNBELIEVABLE that I have done it - quit smoking! I remember well how impossible it seemed.

I'm getting a sense that the more I wait, the easier it gets, the more normal it gets!!! I just keep doing that

Your Quit Sister,
Triin
I have been Quit for: 8M 2D 21h 57m 28s. I have NOT smoked 4938, for a savings of $339.51. Life Saved: 2W 3D 3h 30m.

Joel
Joel

October 24th, 2001, 4:43 am #2

Hello Triin:

Sounds like you are doing great. I still think you should see smokers with a certain degree of pity though. They are stuck in the midst of an addiction that they have not yet realized can be overcome. Most want to quit but just don't think it is possible for them. They are wrong and the real sad part is many of them will die before they ever get the chance to find out they could have really quit. The best thing you can do to help those around you is just continue to set the example you are--not smoking and smiling. The more they see this the better chance they have of realizing that there is life after smoking--and that it is a good life. Hopefully they will seek you out for help before it is too late for them. The help to give them is simply education--teaching them the way to quit smoking and to stay free is to never take another puff!

Joel

marty (gold)
marty (gold)

October 24th, 2001, 6:48 am #3

Oh Triin, it's so good to hear from you

How wonderful that you could forget your 8-month milestone . And how great it is to hear how calm and happy you sound.

You know, in almost every post for your first 3 months you used to say how amazing you found it that your quit was succeeding. It just shows that you don't realise how strong and determined you really are. And (of course) how well educated in quitting you've become .

Please, please don't forget to come here and post when you get to GOLD , because we intend to have one HUUUUUGE celebration.

Marty
NOT A PUFF for ten months, three weeks, two days : 5890 cigarettes not smoked saving £1,266.27 : 2 weeks, 6 days, 10 hours added to my life

John (Gold)
John (Gold)

October 24th, 2001, 10:23 am #4

Get used to it Triin! Upon turning gold there's a very good chance that you'll only notice the years : ) It's wonderful! As as for your english, it's probably better than mine : ))) Thanks for sharing your healing! It's awesome! YQB John : )

Joanne Gold
Joanne Gold

October 25th, 2001, 3:55 am #5

Yahhhh Triin, it is wonderful to hear from you. You have worked so hard and deserve this freedom. I knew you could do it. We sure do miss your wonderful posts. Please stop in when you turn gold, we have many new members who will be inspired by your progress.

Congratulations on a strong and determined resolve.

Hugs and love,

Joanne

Treese (Silver)
Treese (Silver)

October 25th, 2001, 8:56 am #6

Hi Triin!! Congrats on your 8 Months!! I'm glad I could join you in your celebration!! I've enjoyed all your inspiring posts and I am soo happy for you. Just love to hear from everyone to see how each and everyone of you are enjoying their Freedom. Treese will be smoke-free for 4 months tomorrow!!

Triin (GOLD)
Triin (GOLD)

October 27th, 2001, 10:27 pm #7

I am glad to see all you guys, too!!! This place here, and the people in Freedom have a special place in my heart

Marty, you are right, I don't have self-confidence, and I didn't think I was going to succeed, but I am succeeding!!! I hope I set a good example to those who are truly believing that they are too weak for quitting! If I could do it - you can, too, I know.

And Zep, yes, after some time I'm only going to count the years!!! What a difference - I remember the time when I counted seconds and minutes...

I promise to hop it once in a while, and of course, when I will turn gold, I will make a huge party in here!!!

Treese, congradulations on your 4 months!!!

Your Quit Sister,
Triin
Ups, can't find my quit meter at the moment - but it should say 8 months, 1 week and 1 day!!!

John (Gold)
John (Gold)

October 27th, 2001, 10:41 pm #8

Won't it be your turn, soon, to start a parade?