Ms MonaGolden1
Ms MonaGolden1

9:07 AM - Mar 08, 2003 #26

Kim,

What a difference a year makes.... Congratulations on attaining the GOLD!!

I don't know if you have any idea what an inspiration you provide to the Freedom Community. When my addiction was active, I had the same thoughts of cancer or other smoking-related illnesses not happening to me. However, I don't know if I would have had the courage that you've shown in your journey. Enough about my shortcomings...
I just wanted to acknowledge your accomplishment and wish you continued success.

YQS - 2M,6D

Joanne Gold
Joanne Gold

9:11 AM - Mar 08, 2003 #27

Congratulations
Kim
One Year of Freedom
We are proud and grateful to make this journey with you. Thank you for leading the way!
With love, gratitude, and admiration,
Joanne

David Gold
David Gold

9:27 AM - Mar 08, 2003 #28

Congratulations Kim,
You are one special lady. I wish you all the best for this coming year. You're story has saved many lives.

With much Love,
David
8 months +

SweetLorraine (Gold)
SweetLorraine (Gold)

11:58 AM - Mar 08, 2003 #29

Congratulations Kim!

A whole year of Freedom. You have selflessly used your own pain to inspire and educate others. What a wonderful gift you've given to all of us. Let the healing continue and the celebration never end.

yqf

Lorraine Gold Club

HarpoJohn
HarpoJohn

12:01 PM - Mar 08, 2003 #30

Congratulations on the
GOLD
Hi Kim,
One year nicotine free what a Quit that is. I feel honored that I can share this special Celebration with you and the rest of Freedom.
Your Courage, Strength, and Hope have been such an influence with my Quit. To carry on through the Colors and beyond.
Thank You for sharing such a journey as yours. You are an inspiration for me.
John
I have chosen not to smoke for 3 Months 2 Weeks 6 Days 22 Hours 44 Minutes 33 Seconds. Cigarettes not smoked: 5647. Money saved: $1,129.48.

Roger (Gold)
Roger (Gold)

12:27 PM - Mar 08, 2003 #31

Kim,

Congratulations on your Golden Quit. Reaching out as you did to people telling your story has my deepest admiration. I have to ask myself how many people would have turned the challenges you have faced into testimonials against this deadly addiction. Welcome to the Gold Club.

Roger

Eileen D (GOLD)
Eileen D (GOLD)

2:10 PM - Mar 08, 2003 #32

Congratulations Kim, I wish you only the BEST.

Ten months, six days, 20 hours, 34 minutes and 18 seconds. 9325 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,399.04. Life saved: 4 weeks, 4 days, 9 hours, 5 minutes.

So gold
So gold

5:25 PM - Mar 08, 2003 #33

Thank you very much for being here and sharing your story, Kim. You're an inspiration for everyone here.
and
Congratulations with your Gold milestone
I wish you the best for the future.
yqb
Sten
-who has been free for 4 months, 2 weeks and a few hours.

John (Gold)
John (Gold)

8:21 PM - Mar 08, 2003 #34

Welcome to Gold Kim !
March 7, 2002 - March 7, 2003

A Golden Snip
A Golden Snip

8:29 PM - Mar 08, 2003 #35

Kim
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR YEAR OF FREEDOM
And thank you for telling your story. I wish you every success and happiness in the future.
Snip
Four months, five days, 8 hours, 27 minutes and 57 seconds. 2695 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,103.76. Life saved: 1 week, 2 days, 8 hours, 35 minutes.

StevR
StevR

8:57 PM - Mar 08, 2003 #36

Congratulations Kim!!,
The work you have done here is immeasurable, and the amount of people you have saved is immense. You are doing the work of angels Kim. I just want to say THANK YOU, and congrats on turning gold!!!

StevR

2months and change.....

SandyBob GOLD
SandyBob GOLD

12:03 AM - Mar 09, 2003 #37

A Big Congratulations to you on your year of Nicotine Freedom.

And I want to wish you well on your road to cancer recovery. The road you have traveled is not an easy one.

Thank you for sharing your travels down this road. Keeps my head straight whenever I even think of picking one up. Thank God it is just thoughts now, and not the pull of cravings. I have a 2 year old daughter I want to see grow up, and she needs her mommy for a long time yet.

Congratulations again

SandyBob
8months+

misledfairy
misledfairy

12:11 AM - Mar 09, 2003 #38

Congratulations Kim, if anyone deserves this celebration it is you and your sister, you have been through so much and still remained determined and focused, and you have helped so many others too,I am so very proud to know you and very happy to be here at your celebration . Well done Kim, have a wonderful celebration.
Love and hugs
naymor xxxx
11m 5d 18h

Scorpion Cutie pie
Scorpion Cutie pie

12:25 AM - Mar 09, 2003 #39

Kim,
Congratulations to you on your one year.........and making it to Gold.......
That is such a wonderful feeling to realize that you can obviously now do anything you set your mind to.
Good for you....and please, continue to be the golden angel of inspiration that you are.
Keep up the great work, and keep smiling, cause you really have something to smile about.

From one Canuck to another,
Scorp Girl
(Double Green) 2 months, 3 days of choosing to never take another puff!!

smokefreeJD Gold
smokefreeJD Gold

12:28 AM - Mar 09, 2003 #40

You are such an inspiration to everyone. Congratulations on your anniversary and I hope there's nothing but happiness ahead. Enjoy your freedom, and please do something special to celebrate. :)

Jill
5 Months 3 Days

Laureysgold3
Laureysgold3

12:49 PM - Mar 09, 2003 #41

Congratulations KIM !!!!
Sorry my well wishes are a day late (been busy with two children down with the flu )...
I am so happy for you and wish you continued health! Your story and your strength are so inspiring~thank you so much for sharing your life with us.
Joy to you always~
Laurey
3months, 2weeks, 22hours, and joyfully counting!

sharonah silver
sharonah silver

10:46 PM - Mar 09, 2003 #42

Kim,
Congratulations on turning
GOLD
and your newly regained health
Thank you for your courage.
You have so much of it for yourself,
You have given the rest of us a big piece of it.
Thank you for your inspiration.
The sharing of your story has enforced
the resolve of all here.
More priceless gifts could not be given from one person to another.
You, and your sister, remain in my thoughts and prayers.
Thank you.
Sharonah(green)
1 Month 2 Weeks 1 Day 17 Hours 49 Minutes 58 Seconds.
Cigarettes not smoked: 560.
Money saved: $106.57.

kito40 Gold
kito40 Gold

12:50 AM - Mar 10, 2003 #43

I want to thank you all for the congratulations and well wishes on my Golden Anniversary. Smoking is an expensive way to kill yourself. I've spend thousands only to end up with lung cancer, a brain tumor and who knows what the future will bring. So all of you in your early stages of your quit............please believe me, "Withdrawal is so much easier than what I have been through this past year." Quitting is really not that hard with education and support .........and you have found the place to do it!

1 Year 1 Day 23 Hours 3 Minutes 38 Seconds. And way to educated to ever take another puff!

nadette bronze
nadette bronze

2:24 AM - Mar 10, 2003 #44

hi kim. what a beautiful gift you have given everyone here.
your courage is an incredible inspiration.
thank you
take the best of care
nadette - 6 days

GeorgieGirl GOLD
GeorgieGirl GOLD

11:07 AM - Mar 10, 2003 #45

I'm late!!!!! For a VERY important date! Kim ..... I want to thank you for sharing your story with the (Freedom) world. I want to thank you for the support you keep on giving to all at Freedom during your own times of suffering .... You are LOVED ... BLESSED and you are finally GOLD. No amount of words seem enough .... continue your precious journey and enjoy your first GOLDEN year of Freedom.

Georgia

GrumpyOMrsS (Gold)
GrumpyOMrsS (Gold)

11:47 AM - Mar 10, 2003 #46

Hi Kim,

I tried to write a fancy message and just couldn't. You are continually in my thoughts and prayers and I want to welcome you to Freedom's Gold Club. Congratulations on one heck of a year, one heck of a fight and for being one heck of a woman!

fondly,

Linda

casper700kawa
casper700kawa

12:52 PM - Mar 10, 2003 #47

YQB casper ..One month, three weeks, three days, 10 hours, 45 minutes and 16 seconds. 1663 cigarettes not smoked, saving $332.69. Life saved: 5 days, 18 hours, 35 minutes.

Angelina Gold
Angelina Gold

2:06 PM - Mar 10, 2003 #48

Well, I must say it is a wonder the good Lord has any time for anything else there are so many of us praying for you Kim you wonderful woman you! lol
I am giddy with delight at sharing your celbration - G.O.L.D. - a hard won honour!
The one interesting thing is the fact that you really felt you had no option but to quit when you were first diagnosed - you DID have a choice my darling - and sady too many people choose the wrong option - they KEEP smoking.
You made the best decision you could have ever made that day and we all made the best decision we could of by reading your story and ensuring you are not going through all of this suffering for nothing. You are a continued inspiration to all of us (and I know I speak on all members behalf here!). The times I have struggled with a trigger and put the image of your picture alongside Bryan and Noni's in my mind are many - and I always send you a mental 'thankyou' for that.
Please accept this cyber-hug and the one coming for your sister too!
You take care of your wonderful self and enjoy your CELEBRATION!!!!!
Love, as always
Angelina - your qs in Tasmania

FreedomFlyer
FreedomFlyer

9:30 PM - Mar 10, 2003 #49

Well Done Kim, you continue to inspire. You wrote to me on my first post and your story has helped me in my worst times. They are slowly passing and I know I have left smoking behind. Thanks for your courage to tell your story so we can all learn from it and embark on the greatest trip ever.

Bryan
2 weeks 4 days 8 mins 22 secs

Slycat
Slycat

4:43 AM - Apr 26, 2003 #50

Hello Kim:

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR GOLD MILESTONE!!!!

You know, I looked and looked for your One Year Post and could not find it..... so I thought maybe you never posted. I had read your story many times but never thought about going into your post to find your One Year Anniversary... I just found it now..I am so sorry I am very late... You are defiantely one of my biggest inspirations and you are always in my thoughts and prayers....

After all, my first day at Freedom was the first day you went into surgery.... We have both come a long way since than....

It sounds like you are doing very well now since the surgerys and I am so relieved. I know you have had a hard journey but life will only GET BETTER for you now.... The worst is definately behind you.... My bosses assistant had a lung removed and he now has one healthy lung. The only difference is that he still smokes!!!! Can you imagine??? He tells my boss that he only smokes 4 cigarettes a day... have you ever heard of such a thing? My boss thinks he's crazy.....

But anyway, you have taken the right moves to protect yourself and now you can only heal.... You have been such an inspiration to everybody here and especially me.. At least you had the nearve to get a chest x-ray which saved your life... I went a whole year without getting one and only did get one because I had to. I was petrified... But thankfully my lungs were clear....I do thank god for that.....

So as you continue your journey in Freedom, I will continue this journey with you... I will always be here when you need me because I want you to know what you mean to everybody here and what your contributions have given to Freedom....It's a wonderful thing and you are a wonderful person.......

Judy

---
1y 2d 8:28 smoke-free, 18,375 cigs not smoked, $5,512.50 saved, 2m 3d 19:15 life saved