Freedom's New Home is Now Open!

John Gold
John Gold

January 18th, 2009, 12:39 pm #1

Announcing the Grand Opening
of
Freedom from Nicotine (FFN) has now opened its doors at Yuku. This forum, Freedom from Tobacco - Quit Smoking Now has served us well since its founding on September 8, 1999, logging more than 362,000 member posts. Thank you, MSN Groups! As you know, MSN is scheduled to close its doors on February 20, 2009 but, except for rounding up stragglers, our days of using the MSN site for support are now at an end.

If you are a current member of Freedom from Tobacco (FFT) it is very likely that Yuku's migration picked up your name and granted you membership at Freedom from Nicotine, but you will still need to register with Yuku prior to posting.

To register with Yuku, go to the following FFN Parade link and attempt to post to the parade by clicking on the Add Reply button located on both the top and bottom to the far right.
Follow the instructions from Yuku for registering. Once done, you should either be returned to the parade thread or shown a Freedom from Nicotine membership application, which will indicate that your Freedom membership account was not automatically transferred during migration to Yuku. If automatically admitted to Freedom please post to the forum's first parade letting us know you've arrived safely!

If you are an existing member of Freedom from Tobacco and the Freedom application window opens, please provide us with the following info so that we know that it's you:

1) Your MSN posting name
2) Your quit date
3) The email address you used at MSN
4) And reassure us that you've remained nicotine-free since first joining Freedom

NEW QUITTERS: If you have stopped using all nicotine within the past 30 days and are seeking first time membership to Freedom, please go to the following link where you will find Freedom's Mission Statement, Relapse Policy, Courtesies and Rules and a post on How to Join.
We look forward to seeing you at Freedom from Nicotine. Still just one rule ... no nicotine today!

Sincerely,

Freedom's Staff

Horsehead 11
Horsehead 11

January 18th, 2009, 2:03 pm #2

Well I registered (twice I think) and did an email thingy and answered the 4 questions again so..... I think I need to do more.
Peace
Jeff-bronze

kysbrlady
kysbrlady

January 18th, 2009, 9:44 pm #3

I can't sign on to the new message board. It tells me my user name already exists but that's as far as I can get. Do I need a new user name?

Kathy - I have been quit for 2 Years, 9 Months, 3 Weeks, 1 hour, 43 minutes and 44 seconds (1,027 days). I have saved $4,827.23 by not smoking 41,082 cigarettes. I have saved 4 Months, 2 Weeks, 6 Days, 15 hours and 30 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 3/28/2006 6:00 AM

John Gold
John Gold

January 18th, 2009, 10:05 pm #4

Hello Kathy! Yes, FFN's records show that kysbrlady.ffn is already a member of Freedom from Nicotine! Please try logging in using kysbrlady.ffn and see if that makes a difference. Please post back here, Kathy, letting us know if adding the .ffn at the end makes a difference. Thanks!

kysbrlady
kysbrlady

January 18th, 2009, 10:36 pm #5

Still no luck. I keep getting this message: Sorry, your login attempt failed.
  • If you are having problems with your username try your email.
  • Local user names should always have @community on the end. Example: [url=mailto:bob@lobby]bob@lobby[/url]

I have tried using my email address, using .ffn, and using @ffn and sill can't login.

John Gold
John Gold

January 18th, 2009, 10:54 pm #6

Kathy, you did register with Yuku first, correct? All members must do so.

If so, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies and then loggin in again. Here are two Yuku links explaining how.
  • Try deleting your browser's cookies
  • Try emptying your browser's Internet cache

Tomorrow things will get pretty busy around here and we'd really like to learn the ins and outs of getting members into the forum today! All feedback is greatly appreciated!!!

Horsehead 11
Horsehead 11

January 18th, 2009, 11:15 pm #7

I had to register as Horsehead. Before I was Horsehead11. So all my 'stuff' is in Horsehead11 name-like we are 2 different people.
I tried to cut and paste my first post under my new name but it said it is pending about my making new topics.
Hope I'm doing things right
Peace
Jeff

dennyb2
dennyb2

January 18th, 2009, 11:22 pm #8

Hi Kathy

Try clicking in the link Forgot Password? next to the login screen. Your password is not captured in the migration. Either reset with the password you have been using at MSN or choos a new one. You should then recieve and e-mail from Yuku confirming the password.

Once done you should be able to logon using just kysbrlady and your new password.

Hope this helps.

Denny B

kysbrlady
kysbrlady

January 18th, 2009, 11:24 pm #9

Sorry to be so much trouble John. I have deleted my cookies and cleared my browsing history but still no luck. The problem seems to be that I can't get to the registration page. Every time I click on the reply tab it takes me straight to a login page. It stll does it even though I have cleared everything. Is there a direct link to the registration page?

Kathy

Scarecrow 9 17
Scarecrow 9 17

January 18th, 2009, 11:32 pm #10

I have the same problem as Kathy

dennyb2
dennyb2

January 18th, 2009, 11:43 pm #11

Lisa

Yuku does not recognize underscores and dashes in their login names.

Try Scarecrow 9 17 That should work provided you have a valid password. Otherwise you may need to click on the Frogot Password? link and go through that process as well.

Hope this helps

Denny B

Scarecrow 9 17
Scarecrow 9 17

January 18th, 2009, 11:56 pm #12

Thank you, Denny. I tried that already and it still doesn't recognize me. I signed up at yuku, with my name, email, etc., but then at the login page it won't recognize me - I've used every combo I can think of. However, when I put in Scarecrow 917 as the name to login in, it recognizes the name exists, but tells me invalid password. I used the same password as my Freedom and MSN sign in passwords and used the same at yuku login ~ still no luck. I'll just wait it out. I can still read, which to me is the most important part! Even at 16 months and a day!!

I am proud to say I am Lisa J and for One Year, Four Months, 22 Hours and 26 Minutes I have not been slowly killing myself. I chose not to inhale 9779 poison sticks and choose to enjoy the $3,242.80, instead of giving it to the tobacco companies!

kysbrlady
kysbrlady

January 18th, 2009, 11:59 pm #13

I am not sure what I did or how I did it but I finally managed to register with yuku. Unfortunately it wouldn't take kysbrlady or kysbrlady.fsn. I changed it to kysbrladygold and it worked. I then had to reapply for membership to Freedom
From Nicotine under that name. I hope that I am accepted !

Kathy

eriley1
eriley1

January 19th, 2009, 12:05 am #14

I have had the same troubles as everyone else. I had to apply for membership again.....and it first would not recognize my email address or password. That has now worked and waiting for membership approval. jenna

dennyb2
dennyb2

January 19th, 2009, 12:19 am #15

Lisa if your name is now working try resetting your password. Your password was not migrated.

To do this click on the Forgot Password? link next to the logon block.

Follow the few steps provided by Yuku to reset or change your password and that should do the trick.

Good Luck

Denny B

eriley1
eriley1

January 19th, 2009, 12:26 am #16

I have the new page up...with my name jenna at the top....
but I can't post. when I try it takes me back to the application.
any suggestions? jenna

Scarecrow 9 17
Scarecrow 9 17

January 19th, 2009, 12:34 am #17

Thank you, Denny. That didn't work, so I signed up with new name Scarecrow 917 gold I reapplied for membership and am just waiting to be approved. I hope

Thank you so much for all of your help!

Jenna ~ I think we just need to wait to get the approval at the new site. Anyway, I hope that's all. Keep swimming!!

Lisa J ~ Proud and free for 489 days!!

johnnynonic
johnnynonic

January 19th, 2009, 12:53 am #18

I have the same issues as noted above.....
...so while we're waiting for a fix just remember to....
Never Take Another Puff!

Shinelady Gold3282003
Shinelady Gold3282003

January 19th, 2009, 1:02 am #19

Me too!!! Felt a bit intimidated and frustrated, but have reapplied and hope I did that right.
Reapplied as ShineladyGold. Same ole me, quit for nearly 6 years... ya hoo...

Sue

January 19th, 2009, 1:27 am #20

Hang in there everyone! We'll get it all figured out.

All will be well!

Sal

Shinelady Gold3282003
Shinelady Gold3282003

January 19th, 2009, 1:53 am #21

Thanks, Sal!!! I posted over there. I always did want my name to be ShineladyGold and now I got it... LOL . Thank you for all you do.

Sue

VICKIGOLD2006
VICKIGOLD2006

January 19th, 2009, 3:10 am #22

Okay, sorry but I'm having a problem getting signed in! When I enter my email address it is not acknowledged. It does bring up two links with VickiGold2006, but nothing happens when I click on either of them....

Vicki...happy to say 900 days today

John Gold
John Gold

January 19th, 2009, 3:26 am #23

Hummmm Have you registered with Yuku yet? Try posting to this FFN Parade by clicking on Add Reply - http://www.ffn.yuku.com/topic/11547

The first step is to apply to Yuku. The second step is to try posting to the above parade again and if able to do so great! If not it should give you an application window to apply for membership. If tranfering membership simply put the following info in the little window to let us know it's really you:
1) Your MSN posting name
2) Your quit date
3) The email address you used at MSN
4) Reassure us that you've remained nicotine-free since first joining Freedom
If none of the above work then try dumping both your browser's cookies and cache and try again. Sometimes we pickup mini-programs out on the net that can interfere with where we can go and what we can do. These Yuku links explain how to do so:
  • Try deleting your browser's cookies
  • Try emptying your browser's Internet cache

If that doesn't work let me know and we'll get Yuku's Staff involved.

Regards,

John

Vikki
Vikki

January 19th, 2009, 5:52 am #24

I finally did everything right (I think) and was able to write a post, however, I don't see the post in the parade?? I had to change my name from Vikki to my initials VLB??

I'm sure all these wrinkles will be ironed out soon.

On a positive note - I really like the new posting area and I'm loving the spell check feature.

Vikki

---
4 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, smoke-free, 2,792 cigarettes not smoked, $558.40 saved, my quit date is 01 Sept 2008.

Scarecrow 9 17
Scarecrow 9 17

January 19th, 2009, 6:28 am #25

Hi Vikki,

Just saw your post and it shows up on page 2 of the parade. I clicked the #2 next to the title and it brought me there.

See you over at our nice new home real soon!

Take Care,

Lisa J ~ No Nicotine Today!