Using Attitude to Reduce Anxiety

Cindy K

15 May 2007, 23:14 #11

ImageAll I can say is Thank You!

Cindy -My quit Date was 2/28/07 and I have been Free & Healing for Two Months, Fifteen Days, 6 Hours and 12 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 4 Days and 12 Hours, by avoiding the use of 1296 cigarettes that would have cost me $253.59.

thinkwild

17 May 2007, 00:54 #12

Remember when we were first learning to swim and found ourselves in water over our head. Did you panic? I did. If I had been a skilled swimmer would I have panicked? Of course not.

Here at WhyQuit and Freedom we teach smokers to swim and then lead them into deep water. Once there, the smoker can panic and risk relapse or remain calm, enjoy the swim, and fully embrace this most amazing experience.

Recovery doesn't need to be nearly as difficult as our instincts are inclined to make it. In fact, it can be a proud, reassuring and glorious adventure in physical and psychological healing.

I guarantee if you are having a craving, it will be over after reading this great post. Image Worth every second spent reading it

It really works

I have been quit for 1 Year, 1 Day,

I have saved $4,396.94 by not smoking 10,992 cigarettes.

I have saved 1 Month, 1 Week and 4 hours of my life. 3:00 AM

SueMason2

21 May 2007, 01:03 #13

Congratulations John - and thank you for your generous support, education and caring. I like to imagine the pile of cigarettes I haven't smoked over the last 16 months (around 14,500) - can you imagine gathering all the people that you and Joel and the managers have educated and helped to quit over the last 8 years?? You'd need a fleet of cruise ships I'm sure.

How great to be able to celebrate this huge milestone with all your family on your daughter's graduation. Congratulations to you both.

Susan - 16 months of breathing deep and hugging hard.

JoeJFree Gold

06 Aug 2007, 23:17 #14

"TRYING to quit" is an uncommitted declaration of leaving something behind.
Tell yourself recovery is HARD and unless you're lying it will be.
Believe your craves to be INTENSE and intense will be the ride.
Ponder excuses for a FIX and you'll eventually get to use them.
If you think you might RELAPSE, then relapse you just might.
If you keep telling yourself you will FAIL, then chances are you will.
If you WANT to be a ex-smoker, your mind has yet to heal.
Allow honest DREAMS to fuel recovery and freedom you shall find.
View this challenge as WONDERFUL and fulfillment will arrive.
See the GLORY of today, then glory it will be!
Praise the HEALING of your body and set your spirit free.
Inhale the JOYS of today, feel the spender of the journey.
Yet be TRUTHFUL of the past, to protect the here and now.
BELIEVE yourself a ex-smoker, an ex-smoker you shall see.
NEVER take another puff and freedom it will be!

Breathe deep, hug hard, live long! John

Gump19690

05 Jan 2008, 02:17 #15

Have you read this one? Lots and lots of good information contained in this string...

Make sure you click on the blue underlined passages as they contain links to even more reading material.

Gump19690

02 May 2008, 08:21 #16

Remember when we were first learning to swim and found ourselves in water over our head. Did you panic? I did. If I had been a skilled swimmer would I have panicked? Of course not. Here at WhyQuit and Freedom we teach smokers to swim and then lead them into deep water. Once there, the smoker can panic and risk relapse or remain calm, enjoy the swim, and fully embrace this most amazing experience. Recovery doesn't need to be nearly as difficult as our instincts are inclined to make it. In fact, it can be a proud, reassuring and glorious adventure in physical and psychological healing. ~~John

This passage did so much for me, I'm not sure why... but it has always stuck with me. This string is the one I "link" to those still active in addiction and wanting to know how I broke free. Lots and lots of great info in this one. Gump..15 months

Sal GOLD.ffn

14 Aug 2008, 08:57 #17

A post in Embracing craves by John Polito:

That next crave can't hurt you and it won't make you bleed!
It won't last longer than it took to smoke a cigarette!
Relax, embrace it, and say goodbye to your needless fears!
Patience!
This isn't what it feels like to be a comfortable ex-smoker.
This is what it feels like to say goodbye to your former master!
Smile! The calmness ahead is permanent and deep!
Last edited by Sal GOLD.ffn on 08 Apr 2009, 22:58, edited 2 times in total.

JoeJFree Gold

03 Oct 2008, 18:53 #18

Last edited by JoeJFree Gold on 06 Nov 2009, 03:53, edited 1 time in total.

birdy

20 Feb 2009, 02:12 #19

I have found this thread and all the replies to it very helpful to me today. It really opened up my eyes to understanding my anxiety as it relates to my quit. Thanks for re-posting this information. Sometimes it really helps to get another persons perspective.
NTAP
birdy

ThePanster

11 Mar 2009, 01:12 #20

I know it's been several months since you posted the link Joe J Free, but I wanted to say thanks to you and John Polito for the amazing post "Withdrawal symptoms, when do they end?" Excellent--something I'll read again and again.

Amanda

I have been free for 1 Month, 1 Week, 6 Days, 23 hours and 42 minutes (41 days). I have saved $111.78 by not smoking 629 cigarettes. I have saved 4 Days, 19 hourminutes of my life. My Quit Date: 1/27/2009 9:30 PMI have been free for 1 Month, 1 Week, 6 Days, 23 hours and 4f my life. My Quit Date: 1/27/2009 9:30 PM